Finasteride Ruining My Hairline, Need Advice

piernik

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am on finasteride 3 months now and after like 2 weeks of taking the first pill I have noticed that the hairloss on my hairline really accelerated. Every week I see more new hair miniturizing on the hairline, my libido is also higher than before the treatment. I am really desperate as I know that my hairloss wouldnt be as bad as now if I never decided to take finasteride. I know that maybe I should give it more time but I have read similar stories and people with the same symptoms (increased libido, increase loss on hairline) never stabilised their hairloss with this drug in fact it kept getting worse as long as they were taking it. Has it happened to anyone that in the first few months on finasteride hairline noticeably deteriorated and then the pill started working and hairloss stopped?
I dont know wheather to keep taking this or move to dutasteride which is stronger, whatale u guys think?
I am really desperate please help with some advice :/

Last edited:

growssj3

Established Member
Reaction score
Thats impossible and probably a finasteride shedding or the normal progress of your hairloss

piernik

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thats impossible and probably a finasteride shedding or the normal progress of your hairloss
I really dont think its that impossible because I've seen this happening to some people on this forum, I know that it really accelerated as before the treatment my hairloss wasnt progressing as fast as now and thats just on the hairline tbh
However I dont see more hair falling out so I dontk know if its shedding. Could it be?
thanks man

growssj3

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes a lot of people telling this. But I've never seen a picture of it (as proof).

Shedding can occure in the first 6 Month. I would stick with it.

Samson123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I really dont think its that impossible because I've seen this happening to some people on this forum, I know that it really accelerated as before the treatment my hairloss wasnt progressing as fast as now and thats just on the hairline tbh
However I dont see more hair falling out so I dontk know if its shedding. Could it be?
thanks man

Yes, you are right. Finasteride can accelerate hairloss in some men. The people that say otherwise have no idea what they are talking about.

Hair follicle receptors have the ability to adapt to artificially lowered DHT levels, increasing receptors, sensitivity, whatever, (AR upregulation) and men who are losing hair who have hair follicles that are already very sensitive to DHT this can be a disaster as the increase in sensitivity can override, and then some, the low DHT levels from finasteride.

I absolutely know this to be true because this is what happened to me and I am far from being alone in this kind of reaction.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am on finasteride 3 months now and after like 2 weeks of taking the first pill I have noticed that the hairloss on my hairline really accelerated. Every week I see more new hair miniturizing on the hairline, my libido is also higher than before the treatment. I am really desperate as I know that my hairloss wouldnt be as bad as now if I never decided to take finasteride. I know that maybe I should give it more time but I have read similar stories and people with the same symptoms (increased libido, increase loss on hairline) never stabilised their hairloss with this drug in fact it kept getting worse as long as they were taking it. Has it happened to anyone that in the first few months on finasteride hairline noticeably deteriorated and then the pill started working and hairloss stopped?
I dont know wheather to keep taking this or move to dutasteride which is stronger, whatale u guys think?
I am really desperate please help with some advice :/

I went from thick NW1 to Norwood 2 in matter of 3 months on finasteride. It triggered hair loss in me. The hair loss only slowed down when I stopped taking finasteride. My symptoms were massive hair shedding within a week of starting finasteride and oily hair. Some other users on the forum have experienced similar symptoms and none of them ever recovered. For some reason our body reacts negatively to finasteride.

farisayeh

Reaction score
same goes to me.i am at 8 month microdosing finasteride 0.25 mg per 3 days...my hairline worst than the before i started finasteride..overall my hair is thinner than before i started finasteride..i added minoxidil this week..i will stay for 2-3 with this regiment to check some progress

farisayeh

Reaction score
I went from thick NW1 to Norwood 2 in matter of 3 months on finasteride. It triggered hair loss in me. The hair loss only slowed down when I stopped taking finasteride. My symptoms were massive hair shedding within a week of starting finasteride and oily hair. Some other users on the forum have experienced similar symptoms and none of them ever recovered. For some reason our body reacts negatively to finasteride.
your hair stabilise when you stop taking finasteride?

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
your hair stabilise when you stop taking finasteride?

It slowed the hairless down considerably. My hair went from really dense NW1 to Norwood 2 in matter of 3-4 months. At that point I stopped completely. It's been around 9 years since then and my hair loss has only progressed to NW2.5. Had I continued taking finasteride for, I am convinced the drug would have destroyed my hair and I would be a NW4 by now.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
same goes to me.i am at 8 month microdosing finasteride 0.25 mg per 3 days...my hairline worst than the before i started finasteride..overall my hair is thinner than before i started finasteride..i added minoxidil this week..i will stay for 2-3 with this regiment to check some progress

Are you experiencing other symptoms like oily hair, increased body hair etc? If yes then I don't think finasteride will work for you. If I were you, I will stop taking the drug completely as even .25 mg is quite powerful. But make your own decision after evaluating all the factors.

farisayeh

Reaction score
n
Are you experiencing other symptoms like oily hair, increased body hair etc? If yes then I don't think finasteride will work for you. If I were you, I will stop taking the drug completely as even .25 mg is quite powerful. But make your own decision after evaluating all the factors.

no..my scalp itch gone completely..less oily for my face...but i did notget regrowth...but the hair still shedding and make it look thinner than before i started finastride..this week..i add minoxidil..

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
n

no..my scalp itch gone completely..less oily for my face...but i did notget regrowth...but the hair still shedding and make it look thinner than before i started finastride..this week..i add minoxidil..

If your face is less oily and scalp itch is gone then I would say that finasteride is helping you. Stick with it for a year at least.

farisayeh

Reaction score
If your face is less oily and scalp itch is gone then I would say that finasteride is helping you. Stick with it for a year at least.
yes..since i on finasteride..i did not have any acne in myface..but hair still thin than baseline..okay..i must wait untul 1year...for now iam at 8 month with finasteride

piernik

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, you are right. Finasteride can accelerate hairloss in some men. The people that say otherwise have no idea what they are talking about.

Hair follicle receptors have the ability to adapt to artificially lowered DHT levels, increasing receptors, sensitivity, whatever, (AR upregulation) and men who are losing hair who have hair follicles that are already very sensitive to DHT this can be a disaster as the increase in sensitivity can override, and then some, the low DHT levels from finasteride.

I absolutely know this to be true because this is what happened to me and I am far from being alone in this kind of reaction.
so what did u do man? did u try dutasteride?

piernik

My Regimen
Reaction score
so here are the pictures guys day 1 on finasteride and day 82

Attachments

• chujnia (1).png
    chujnia (1).png
    793.2 KB · Views: 2,036
  • chujnia (2).png
    chujnia (2).png
    844 KB · Views: 2,283

piernik

My Regimen
Reaction score
so guys I really think about dropping finasteride as I literally see hairline getting worse every week, but what did u all do when finasterid increased hairloss??
Do you think there is any Chance that duatasteride will work for me?
pls help