Finasteride, Minoxidil, Revita, Nizoral...what Next?

Wanheda

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey all. Wanting to get some advice on what my next approach should be. I've tried finasteride, Minoxidil, Revita shampoo, Biotin, Nourkrin and also 'Nicehair' suggestions (it's an e-book which has a pretty lengthy routine to follow for diet, dermarolling, topical application of Saw Palmetto, oils etc) - which I followed almost religiously for 6 months but without success. I wondered if my hair loss is due to other reasons so have a appointment with an endocrinologist but still 7 weeks away as going through NHS. I also have cold hands and sweat a lot so thought it might be some to do with endocrine system.

I have a slight thinning all over and slightly receding hairline too. Luckily still only a couple of centimetres but seems to be progressing faster as the years go by (only in my 30's).

finasteride gave me sides and had to quit (was on 1.25mg per day) and everything else I tried either caused more shedding or caused sides so had to stop. I also react to quite a lot of stuff.

I reckon if I can get the hair shedding to stop that will at least prevent any more loss or receding. Regrowth would be cool but I know it's hard to achieve so not counting on it happening. Got to be realistic lol.

Can anyone suggest anything? Preferably as natural as possible. Cheers.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
green tea

Pacey123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, your prostate and therefore the liquid production doesn't work the same under the influence of finasterid and thats why you have a slightly lower amount of ejaculate, you should've stick to it to save your hair.

Wanheda

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks guys. It was more than just reduced ejaculation volume. I wrote about it in another thread but forgot to add above. Basically could barely feel an orgasm which has never happened before apart from when on an anti-depressant many years ago (which I quickly quit). In any case I might just go back to finasteride but less than 1.25mg everyday which is what I was doing at the time. I've read the sides or risk of sides decreases with a lower dose.

Pacey123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Doesn't matter if you take .5 every two days or 1.25 every day because the DHT inhibition is the same, the only thing is that you need a couple of weeks to lower DHT to 30% on .5 E2D whereas 1.25 ED does that in a couple of days, end result is the same BUT the variation of 5AR enzyme in your blood may cause side effects if not taken every day since Finasterids half-life is very short, just stick to the established dose and if you have severe sides after one whole week of talking it, your body can't handle the drug, regardeless of the dose

Last edited:

jazz1

Reaction score
If you're looking for something natural have you tried divine herbal hair oil?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
If you're looking for something natural have you tried divine herbal hair oil?
Jazz, what's up my friend? How have you been? How is your hair? Still a NW1?

jazz1

Reaction score
Jazz, what's up my friend? How have you been? How is your hair? Still a NW1?
Hey Bro I'm good, busy as usual but back int eh forums now, still NW1 hair is great on the regime.

How's your hair :)?

jazz1

Reaction score
Not heard of it before, will check it out. Are you using it yourself?
Yes, use both rotated every other day, alongside the BIG3 regime, 100% helps as my wok colleague has seen results using them herself.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hey Bro I'm good, busy as usual but back int eh forums now, still NW1 hair is great on the regime.

How's your hair :)?
Its not as good as it used to be but its enough to still look like a full head of hair. Great to see you back posting. You still in touch with your "side kick" Aaron?