Finasteride is making me feel 17 again.

Virginityrocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Really, I haven't felt this way since 17. I've started taking proscar cut into 0.5mg and taking it every second day. I've tried this before, at 1mg daily a few months ago and experienced massive physical and psychological side effects within a few days, but I decided to try this one more time at a smaller dosage since the side effects did in fact go away completely for me within about a week of stopping, I figure it's worth a shot.

Now it's the complete opposite. I feel more energy, less anxiety, I have morning wood in the morning and dare I say, my penis is getting bigger and my erections haven't been this hard in years. My girlfriend is very happy about it. Bad thing is, I have facial acne for the first time in about 9 years. Do you think I should be checked for hyperandrogenism? On the other hand, do I really want to stop this? I feel fantastic. I'm also using RU58841 on the hairline. I'm 26.

Toms

Established Member
Reaction score
lol

- - - Updated - - -

Be happy you don't have the awful side effects, continue using it and enjoy the good life.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
lol

Virginityrocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys, seriously. I'm not playing. Yes, I'm satisfied with how I feel, but will my hair fall out? It feels like my DHT levels must have kicked into overdrive.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh boy. You are going to be hit hard with pfs
if you ever quit.

Considering "pfs" is a random term made by people, not medical professionals, that says it all. Why the finasteride hate? You are bald already right so finasteride was too late and hair transplant was the only option?

Virginityrocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Maybe it is a real condition but I don't think it affects everyone? I feel fantastic, and the last time I tried finasteride all of my side effects went away 100%.

Virginityrocks

Established Member
Reaction score
Going on at least a month now. Don't remember exactly when I started... Still on 0.5mg and I feel younger and younger every day. I am more agile, more excitable, and I have seriously not had better sex in years. Acne is still a problem. Daily cleaning and a change in diet is a ritual I will have to readopt. I don't know if this constitutes a problem.

My hair is falling out rapidly, but I am presuming this is the shed I've heard about. Smaller hairs on my temples are already starting to regrow. It is absolutely insane how young I feel. It's as if time is going backwards. My mind keeps thinking it's 2007.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Going on at least a month now. Don't remember exactly when I started... Still on 0.5mg and I feel younger and younger every day. I am more agile, more excitable, and I have seriously not had better sex in years. Acne is still a problem. Daily cleaning and a change in diet is a ritual I will have to readopt. I don't know if this constitutes a problem.

My hair is falling out rapidly, but I am presuming this is the shed I've heard about. Smaller hairs on my temples are already starting to regrow. It is absolutely insane how young I feel. It's as if time is going backwards. My mind keeps thinking it's 2007.

Seems that the quality of your life has improved. Good for you! All seems to be going well except for an acne problem you recently have developed.

You seem to be having a shed as well. It can either be from Finasteride, RU58841, or a combination of both. Shedding should subside by a couple months. I hope you can get the best results! :)

Virginityrocks

Established Member
Reaction score
I am starting to get a little bit of ball ache, but it subsides. The last time I had tried finasteride the ball ache accompanied erectile dysfuction, but this time not only am I more horny, my erections are fuller and harder than ever. I originally was planning to increase my daily dosage gradually over time, but I feel like I have found a very happy medium.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
I took finasteride. I quit. I got PFS like everyone else
that quits.

This is just BS and you know it. A good amount of your posts are informative, but when you say garbage like this it just shows that you are nothing but a filthy fear mongerer. Even if you did get all the sides you claim it does not mean that EVERYBODY will get them just like you did and saying so is just the wrong thing to do. I get you are against finasteride and that is fine but to come on these forums and LIE to scare guys away from treating their hair loss is nothing less than effed up. Show me a study that says 100% of guys will get sides, FPS, Brain fog, or any of the other problems you claim people are guaranteed to get, that's right you cant.

For the millionth time, men have been using finasteride to treat their hair loss for over 2 decades. Why is it just now that we are hearing all this stuff about sides? It doesn't make sense that all of a sudden after all the years of use, now all of a sudden "everybody" is getting sides. In the clinical trials more guys in the placebo group got sides, than the group that actually took the drug. That alone says a lot. The reality is that a very small percentage of guys will get real sides, the others simply were made to believe they got sides.

Too much of these lies are allowed on these forums. I am fine with everybody being able to tell their story, and give their opinion, but they should not be allowed to come on here an just lie.

- - - Updated - - -

They did and are doing studies on it. The scientific community has said it is a very real condition.

The scientific community with something to gain. Let me guess there are also plenty of doctors involved in this community that treat guys with FPS along with a bunch of ambulance chaser attorneys.

Virginityrocks

Established Member
Reaction score
I have to say I agree. I think my anxiety about sides caused the sides the first time I tried finasteride... I think people worrying people about permanent sides causes ed and other symtoms. It's mostly phsychosomatic... it's like when you're in a threesome or having sex with someone new... you're so focused on getting hard as the do or die aspect that will make or break the night, that you can't get it up. I was so worried about getting an erection to prove that the finasteride didnt have an effect on me, that it caused ed.

I will say the ball ache is definitely real. Constantly feels like I was kicked in the nuts 30 minutes ago.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
The thing that pisses me off about all these anti propecia trolls is that they over exaggerate all of their claims. It isn't I got sides or some get sides. For them it is all or most people will get sides or pfs. Just because they got sides for whatever reason they want you to believe that everybody will get them. They act like the drug is brand new when in fact has been in use for over 20 years(at higher doses!!!). Even if you claim to not have sides they will find a scenario to scare you to believe that you are never safe. If you have been on it side free for a few years, then you haven't been on it long enough. If you have been on it for 10 years side free, then it is just a matter of time. If you are side free, then the finasteride you are using must be fake, and on and on and on. These guys are here for one reason and one reason only, to scare you into either not treating your hair loss or to stop treating your hair loss. Yeah these are great guys huh, hear to help yeah right.

I accept the fact that some guys have gotten or will get sides. I have stated this many times, but to the anti finasteride guys that isn't enough. Unless you agree with them or make statements that strike fear into guys then it is not enough. The problem with the majority of the hard core anti finasteride guys is that they are usually a little off or aren't telling their whole story. There used to be a poster here named diffuser44(aka baylife, aka life is a bay, aka coolmusti, aka darklink, aka gramatic cleric....), he was one of those anti finasteride guys and he created various accounts to preach his anti finasteride message. He even had conversations with himself in various threads hating on finasteride. The sad thing is that in some threads he seemed like a decent guy, but in other threads he was a complete wack job. He just like dropdeadfred(which are most likely the same guy) had the same story. Both took finasteride for years and had great results with it, then fell for the anti finasteride message, got scared and stop taking the drug. Now they are pissed off because they are too scared to do anything about their hair loss and want everybody else to be in the same boat. They want you to go bald just like they are. The most disgusting thing about it all is that they were able to benefit from the drug and felt good about themselves for years, but don't want anybody else to have that same benefit. All the guys in their 20's they believe should just deal with going slick bald and accept that there is nothing they can do about it..

Reaction score
The thing that pisses me off about all these anti propecia trolls is that they over exaggerate all of their claims. It isn't I got sides or some get sides. For them it is all or most people will get sides or pfs. Just because they got sides for whatever reason they want you to believe that everybody will get them. They act like the drug is brand new when in fact has been in use for over 20 years(at higher doses!!!). Even if you claim to not have sides they will find a scenario to scare you to believe that you are never safe. If you have been on it side free for a few years, then you haven't been on it long enough. If you have been on it for 10 years side free, then it is just a matter of time. If you are side free, then the finasteride you are using must be fake, and on and on and on. These guys are here for one reason and one reason only, to scare you into either not treating your hair loss or to stop treating your hair loss. Yeah these are great guys huh, hear to help yeah right.

I accept the fact that some guys have gotten or will get sides. I have stated this many times, but to the anti finasteride guys that isn't enough. Unless you agree with them or make statements that strike fear into guys then it is not enough. The problem with the majority of the hard core anti finasteride guys is that they are usually a little off or aren't telling their whole story. There used to be a poster here named diffuser44(aka baylife, aka life is a bay, aka coolmusti, aka darklink, aka gramatic cleric....), he was one of those anti finasteride guys and he created various accounts to preach his anti finasteride message. He even had conversations with himself in various threads hating on finasteride. The sad thing is that in some threads he seemed like a decent guy, but in other threads he was a complete wack job. He just like dropdeadfred(which are most likely the same guy) had the same story. Both took finasteride for years and had great results with it, then fell for the anti finasteride message, got scared and stop taking the drug. Now they are pissed off because they are too scared to do anything about their hair loss and want everybody else to be in the same boat. They want you to go bald just like they are. The most disgusting thing about it all is that they were able to benefit from the drug and felt good about themselves for years, but don't want anybody else to have that same benefit. All the guys in their 20's they believe should just deal with going slick bald and accept that there is nothing they can do about it..

So if someone complains they had side effects on or they continue after use they automatically become a troll?
check-it-out-with-dr-steve-brule-doctor-to-doctor-with-dr-dungle.jpg
I am NOT bay whatever so ask the mod I have only this account.
iz1PktS.jpg
The research on PFS is just beginning so that's why it took this long, remember when doctors use to say smoking was healthy for you?
77f37d257229e6fc57040eebdf55c59b.jpg
I am here because YOU keep dismissing PFS and calling users "trolls" if they have any side effects during or post use and those shows that you are a cold hearted bastard that either doesn't give a crap about people suffering from PFS or a total ignoramus, even Spencer Kroben admits to PFS. Who the hell are you to dissmiss it over and over again while two HUGE universities that are doing the studies to prove it's existence
http://www.pfsfoundation.org/news/c...-a-harvard-medical-school-teaching-affiliate/
The PFS Foundation believes this study will:

• Help establish PFS as a bona fide condition
  • Help uncover some of the underlying biological mechanisms of PFS
  • Elucidate the hormonal, genetic and epigenetic mechanisms of PFS
  • Provide leads for the development of mechanism-specific therapeutic strategies
http://www.pfsfoundation.org/news/clinical-study-of-post-finasteride-syndrome-launched-at-baylor-college-of-medicine/

• This study will evaluate parameters of peripheral sexual function in patients with PFS.

• This study will uncover the underlying biological mechanisms related to the wide array of symptoms in PFS patients which closely match those of the androgen deprivation syndrome.

• This systematic investigation will help identify the genetic footprint of PFS and the array of deregulated androgen dependent functions.

• This study will elucidate the hormonal, genetic and epigenetic molecular mechanisms of the PFS.

• This study will provide leads for the development of mechanism-specific therapeutic strategies.
Do you want to be a guest on the PFS podcast so you can discuss the nonexistence of PFS with a researcher here? http://www.blogtalkradio.com/pfsglobal I can make it happen.

The people who are suffering with PFS want a goddamn cure numbnuts.

The Post-Finasteride Syndrome Foundation is dedicated to raising funds for scientific and clinical research into post-finasteride syndrome, a condition with no known cure and few, if any, effective treatments. The organization also focuses on generating global awareness of PFS and providing resources for victims and their families.
We understand the devastating and life-altering impact finasteride can have on the sexual, mental, and physical health of men. Our primary objective is therefore to work closely with the medical community to spur scientific interest and investigation into PFS, so that underlying biologic mechanisms for persistent finasteride side effects can be found and, hopefully, treatments identified to remedy the condition.

I will never disappear as long as I see you post dismissing PFS.