Financial Impact

Reaction score
Anyone else here kind of pissed about the money they have to spend on pills and topicals? I spent a good while saving up all my money while my friends were going out partying and buying drugs and stuff. Now they had all the fun and my savings is going to go towards pills. I'm also very worried because I don't have a Costco within hours of me, my only choice is Walmart and they don't even sell the 1mg. I live in the middle of nowhere and my only chance is to get prescribed the 5mg and I'm not entirely sure how my doctor is going to react. Got about a grand in the bank now and I can see it all disappearing quickly. I'm worried about running out of money and having to end treatments after seeing success and having it all be for nothing. Going to be a sad *** day when I have to steal generic minoxidil from Walmart. Balding anywhere near your 20's is just a hell that no one should have to go through.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, it doesn't bother me that I need to spend money on treatments in order to keep my hair.

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It's rather cheap for me, I will probably spend about $100 a year for finasteride + minoxidil. I'd probably get it cheaper if I could get the 5m tabs. I've seen on costcos website they have a pharmacy home delivery. Not sure how it works, but that could be a option for you.

Ya balding in your 20's is tough cause either your going to college still or are just trying to get started in the workforce with your degree.

Reaction score
It's rather cheap for me, I will probably spend about $100 a year for finasteride + minoxidil. I'd probably get it cheaper if I could get the 5m tabs. I've seen on costcos website they have a pharmacy home delivery. Not sure how it works, but that could be a option for you.

Ya balding in your 20's is tough cause either your going to college still or are just trying to get started in the workforce with your degree.

$100 a year sounds like nothing I thought a months supply of minoxidil was around 15/mo

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Online pharmacies and ebay FTW. Costs me nothing and I got money saved - but cheap is always better.

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ya if I had no other options and had to pay full price for name brand propecia + rogaine, I would probably not even bother and just shave my head.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
It's just the way it is for guys like us. If we aren't ready to just shave and move on with our life then this is what we have to do. I don't like the fact that I have to take a prescription drug every day or put some greasy crap on me head twice a day, but I would take that over letting myself go bald any day of the week.

But yeah like others have mentioned you shouldn't have to spend a ton of money on meds. Minoxidil is cheap on Amazon. It is the one I use and it seems to be working. Call around to different pharmacies for finasteride. For some reason they charge different prices. You mentioned that you are not close to any Costco. If you are within a few hours away it might be worth it to make the drive. Since it wasn't covered under my insurance they filled my script for a few months worth of pills. If you are able to do that then it would be worth the drive every 6 months or so.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
id pay a lot more if i could get REAL regrowth. whatever, nobody gives a sh!t about solving this disease.

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
id pay a lot more if i could get REAL regrowth. whatever, nobody gives a sh!t about solving this disease.

Agreed? That was one of the reasons I put off using minoxidil for years. Why pay so much money to buy rogaine for minimal regrowth? I would be willing to pay more for something that actually works.

shookwun

Reaction score
Finasteride proscar 1.25MG ED. covered under insurance, only pay disperser fee.
Minioxidil 1ML ED 12 month supply $60

Around $80 a year. What financial impact lol?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride proscar 1.25MG ED. covered under insurance, only pay disperser fee.
Minioxidil 1ML ED 12 month supply $60

Around $80 a year. What financial impact lol?

Even if you had to pay for finasteride, the pills work just as well at 0.25mg and dont need to be taken every day. The cost is peanuts... i bet majority of you guys spend more money on useless junk food per WEEK than what it would cost to pay for hair treatments per month.

The financial excuse is WEAK.

bilboswaggins

Experienced Member
Reaction score

lol so true. I'd get a loan if I had to for something that actually worked well

so far the only financial impact it has is that I've become too demotivated to do well in Uni or go build up my resume meaning my career prospects will probably be as sh!tty as my hair

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
lol so true. I'd get a loan if I had to for something that actually worked well

so far the only financial impact it has is that I've become too demotivated to do well in Uni or go build up my resume meaning my career prospects will probably be as sh!tty as my hair

I'm having the same fear...

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Even if you had to pay for finasteride, the pills work just as well at 0.25mg and dont need to be taken every day. The cost is peanuts... i bet majority of you guys spend more money on useless junk food per WEEK than what it would cost to pay for hair treatments per month.

The financial excuse is WEAK.

Right on.

By the time I put fuel in my car and going dinner with my gf, i'm sure that's equivalent to 3 years of finasteride at the dosage I have it and the amount I pay for it online.

0.25 will be less effective than 1 mg even with daily dosing - but may "catch up" on DHT inhibition in the long run. Best to do 0.5-1 mg ED/EOD - that will be as good as 1 mg. Spencer Kobren takes 5 mg in one go every 4-8 days, works for him but not the most sensible method to utilise the pill.

shreyaskini

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I spend $25/mnth. Had to downgrade my internet plan otherwise dad wouldn't pay for it :( Anyways i can live with slow internet speed but not without my hair. + These days i'm taking care of my health a lot more.

maher

Banned
Reaction score
Over the years I must have spent hundreds of $ on all sorts of crap.. I also spent a fortune on partying, buzz and cigarets... not to mention a fortune I spent on my ex gf. I could have bought a brand new car ffs.

Something i have been meaning to ask from so damn long.
What do you guys do??

We worry about our hairloss. Thats a full time job.

Nadester

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Come on seriously maher. I was taking about jobs and ambition with hair put aside.
I think ill make a new thread in the off topic section

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score