Financial Impact

0-100realquick

Established Member
Reaction score
Lol just picked up generic 1mg finasteride from costco for $24 USD for a 3 month supply. Does anyone know the difference between propecia and generic costco finasteride? Obviously they have the same active ingredient but is it trusted?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol just picked up generic 1mg finasteride from costco for $24 USD for a 3 month supply. Does anyone know the difference between propecia and generic costco finasteride? Obviously they have the same active ingredient but is it trusted?

If A = B and C = B then A = C.

Therfore:

If Propecia = Finasteride and Generic Costco = Finasteride then FINASTERIDE = FINASTERIDE.

0-100realquick

Established Member
Reaction score
If A = B and C = B then A = C.

Therfore:

If Propecia = Finasteride and Generic Costco = Finasteride then FINASTERIDE = FINASTERIDE.

Thanks for the lesson on discrete mathematics and logic, but that still doesn't answer my question. I was just wondering if it is as effective as propecia because I've heard that brand name and generics don't have to 100% match in terms of the active ingredient.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the lesson on discrete mathematics and logic, but that still doesn't answer my question. I was just wondering if it is as effective as propecia because I've heard that brand name and generics don't have to 100% match in terms of the active ingredient.

You heard wrong. Finasteride is finasteride. All of it works the same. Unless Costco is selling junk and not actually Finasteride, then you've got a different problem.