Finally success treating my hair loss with Avodart (Dutasteride)

balding89

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys,

I can finally say that I have stopped my hair-loss. KABOOOM :twisted:

AM I HAPPY? yes, bc it stopped of course... AM I THAT HAPPY? No. why? read on pls...

Used finasteride for a good YEAR, and it didn't do ****. Only thing it did was give me a bad shed all year long !!! I AM SURE. Actually my hair was better the first month i took it, but then the shed hit, and went on all year long (it did drop from time to time, but never ended).

Started Avodart 2,5 months ago. After ONLY 1 month of everyday use (0,5mg) my hair-loss stopped . . . . . . . . :dunno:

Now backed down to using Avodart 2 - 3 times a week, bc i simply don't want to use it everyday.

I really can't believe it actually. I don't lose any hairs anymore when showering ..... I can rub as much as i want, and maybe only 1 hair is found in my hands :s.

Before starting finasteride I never had a shed, I only had a slow recession at my temples (that was it!), when i started finasteride a good year ago my hair was sheding all year through, and the recession got worse !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ****ING finasteride !!!

i really can't get around it... finasteride made things worse for me, while it does the same as Avodart. (OKAAYY avodart is stronger, and inhibits 2 Iso forms)

I read SO much **** on these forums, god damn, and that kept me away from AVODART. Thing like stay away from dutasteride, it will cause more recession at the hairline, cause ED, cause wrinkles, cause this, cause that...... **** NOOO !!! **** NOO !!! My libido is still fine, din't get wrinkles, nothing at all.

I HATE ALL THOSE PEOPLE that said not to use it. IF I KNEW a year ago what Avodart does for me, then I would be a prefect Norwood 2 !!! **** this (yes Norwood 2 is perfect in my eyes !!! )

I'm sooo angry at those people, but so happy that Avodart does work. Really CAN't get my head around it that finasteride only made things worse......... pff.

BUT OKAY that's over now (can't turn back time), after 2,5 months on dutasteride i can safely say that my shedding has stopped, and I have regrown a lot of small tiny white hairs in the temple regions again. (but i think it is too late for them to grow out into terminal hairs). Thanks finasteride !!! thanks, yr my best friend. :))))

AND GUYS, I AM NOT going to answer any stupid questions about this topic. When I needed help, I never got good help on this forum, bc no one seemed to care :)) well i do care about you, that is why i'm giving this update. Sure some people helped me with my questions, but then then there were times when i really really needed advice and NO ONE gave me any :))). I can only say I got here on my own, not thanks to you guys. You know the feeling when 500 people look at your thread, and not 1 person gives advice or an answer... :))) it is really fun, knowing your hair is falling out and you need some reassurance or advice.

I only would like to thank the Administrator, and some guys that posted back to me over the past 15 months.

I am starting RU in a couple of months for sure. (tip for those who want to keep their hair for many years to come.)

hairdead

Reaction score
it's nice that ur shedding has stopped. don't wanna worry u, sounds exactly like mine story, but after 4 months it started again, worser then ever... i think u have to pause dutasteride sometimes for some weeks to prohibit upregulation.. which is the biggest problem on my opinion with dutasteride

balding89

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey hairhead,

Sorry to hear you had that reaction to finasteride and avodart.

But i don't think i will start shedding after 4months or so. I have been thinking, and now I have 3 possible answers for this:

1) i was not a good responder to finasteride. It has been proven that some genotypes react better to dutasteride than finasteride (or the other way round)
2) finasteride was not strong enough to halt my recession. Maybe i needed that extra boost
3) i had a small scale Telogen Effluvium going on for the last year, bc finasteride wacked my hormones out of place. And avodart gave me that bit extra test to equalize everything, and that is why the Telogen Effluvium stopped.

But maybe i'm wrong and you are right. Only time will tell.

lordcrill

Reaction score
great post man, its true, one would think you'd get some reliable answers or at least some consistent responses on this forum but you dont. You barley get responses to some basic questions. Like you i take avodart, and have no complaints at all. sex drive normal, everythings normal except for liver reading tests. avo is tough on the liver, so like you i take it 2-3 x a week. Happy for your success my brother

Mr White

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm glad it worked for you, Balding89. Congratulations and keep us posted on your progress!

balding89

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey lordcrill,

Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad it is working for you aswell.
And i'll keep using it 2-3x weekly. As i think it is a strong enough dose, and ofcourse to keep the liver in check.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm glad it worked for you, Balding89. Congratulations and keep us posted on your progress!

Thanks Mr white!!

I'll keep posting updates without a doubt!

Grtz

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
great post man, its true, one would think you'd get some reliable answers or at least some consistent responses on this forum but you dont. You barley get responses to some basic questions.

maybe if you get involved more you'll get more out of this board, 'Mr. 11-post wonder-registered July last year' :roll:

Also learn how to use the search function - all your questions will have already been asked and answered many times before - why should people repeat themselves ad nauseum because you're lazy?

- - - Updated - - -

AND GUYS, I AM NOT going to answer any stupid questions about this topic. When I needed help, I never got good help on this forum, bc no one seemed to care :)) well i do care about you, that is why i'm giving this update. Sure some people helped me with my questions, but then then there were times when i really really needed advice and NO ONE gave me any :))). I can only say I got here on my own, not thanks to you guys. You know the feeling when 500 people look at your thread, and not 1 person gives advice or an answer... :))) it is really fun, knowing your hair is falling out and you need some reassurance or advice.

a community is what you make of it. You've been here for two years and only have 69 posts.

How many people have YOU helped, or tried to help?

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score

WTF.....What a cranky, vindictive and small man you are
roflmao.gif
...you make me feel like throwing up...:x ....
barf.gif

balding89

Established Member
Reaction score
"Quantum Cat"

Your comments are totally and utterly unappropriated, and by far they are WRONG.

I have registered on this forum 2 years ago. But only the past year have I truly been actively reading posts, and have ALLWAYS commented on posts that I have read, and felt I could be of input and help !!!!

And as you see, I am a newbie to all the hair-loss treatments and experiences... so the amount of posts that I have submitted the past year is MORE than enough. I was only implying that there are SENIOR MEMBERS like you and others, who have been here for years and who know a lot more about topics related to hair-loss, and they don't take the minute of their time to just answer a simple questions that a person has.

SO before judging me on things you know nothing about, ask first then judge... :)

BTW. "only" 69 post (which in my opinion is more than enough for 1 YEAR being ACTIVE here), some people register on this forum and have NEVER posted anything. Some of them just read, leave and go on without any input. So please don't judge me on stupid insights you have.

I care about other hair-loss sufferers bc i know how much it hurts inside. That is why I try to do my best to update, and post from time to time when I feel I can be of help.

And FYI, YES i have used the search fuction, but that does not mean all my questions were answered properly... Everybody's situation, and perception on things is different.

- - - Updated - - -

"TALMOODE"

Man, pls read what I just posted to "CAT" (it applies to you 2)

I am not cranky, vindictive, small person, I am actually a very nice person who would ALLWAYS help others in need if i feel I truly can.

you really should watch your words. Do you go round telling others you don't like them, they are small minded, cranky, ... ? Wow you must have a lot of friends.

I was just making a statement that I was not going to answer any stupid questions from people who never gave any input on this forum (or other forums). I gave an update and will keep doing so to help others here.

btw I was not only talking about this hair-loss forum, but also on other forums where people don't answer or are just to lazy to write 1 or 2 sentences to help someon out, and that was and is still frustrating.

that is why I reacted like I did. I was not meaning anything bad with it, I was just making something clear to dose that NEVER post and are to lazy to help someone out when they could.

But OKAY that all aside. Don't want ariot starting here, bc you clearly are starting one. :)

So please, if you post anything on this thread, LET IT BE OF SOME HELP TO OTHERS.

GRTZ

balding89

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks brandnew88 !

I'm sure Avodart will work great for you. I started using it 3x a week just like you, but soon used it daily for a good month and now I'm back to 2-3 times a week.

Reason I used it everyday was bc it builds-up faster in your blood this way, and you will reach a steady state sooner.

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
Quantum Cat"

Your comments are totally and utterly unappropriated, and by far they are WRONG

actually they're totally appropriate -you display a very bad, immature attitude here

You seem to be offended that people on this forum didn't roll out the red carpet and fall over themselves to rush to help you. If you were paying for advice then I might understand you feeling miffed, but you seem to have the impression that Hairlosstalk owes you or something? wtf?! :notworthy

In order to gain from a community (on the internet or in real life) you have to contribute yourself, and I don't care what you say, 69 posts in 2 years is not a massive contribution. I see this happen on many forums about different subjects - people register because they want something, and as soon as they've got it they go away and never return.

I have registered on this forum 2 years ago. But only the past year have I truly been actively reading posts, and have ALLWAYS commented on posts that I have read, and felt I could be of input and help !!!!

69 posts in one year is still barely anything really...

And as you see, I am a newbie to all the hair-loss treatments and experiences... so the amount of posts that I have submitted the past year is MORE than enough. I was only implying that there are SENIOR MEMBERS like you and others, who have been here for years and who know a lot more about topics related to hair-loss, and they don't take the minute of their time to just answer a simple questions that a person has.

I was a Noob to hairloss once and came to forums for advice, but I didn't expect members to roll out the red carpet for me. I put the work in, and as I gained more knowledge about the subject, I stuck around to help others if I could. Many times I had questions that went unanswered, but I didn't get into a strop and throw my toys out of the pram, or demand that others help me out.

'Senior members like me' are under no obligation to respond or help - we're not being paid - any help we give is a favour which all too often receives little acknowledgment or thanks. Plus we see the same questions asked a million times over, and we have lives and other things to do.

SO before judging me on things you know nothing about, ask first then judge... :)

you're the one doing the judging on things you know nothing about :nono:

BTW. "only" 69 post (which in my opinion is more than enough for 1 YEAR being ACTIVE here), some people register on this forum and have NEVER posted anything. Some of them just read, leave and go on without any input. So please don't judge me on stupid insights you have.

I know there are people worse than you: 1 post wonders... but 69 posts still isn't much, and I'd hazard a guess that most of those posts were asking for (or rather demanding) help, and then complaining when you didn't get it. :freaked:

I care about other hair-loss sufferers bc i know how much it hurts inside. That is why I try to do my best to update, and post from time to time when I feel I can be of help.

you post 'from time to time'.... let me guess, you're really busy and that's all you can manage?

We're ALL busy FYI :thumbsdown:

"TALMOODE"

Man, pls read what I just posted to "CAT" (it applies to you 2)

I am not cranky, vindictive, small person, I am actually a very nice person who would ALLWAYS help others in need if i feel I truly can.

you come across like that on the internet... :hmmm:

you really should watch your words. Do you go round telling others you don't like them, they are small minded, cranky, ... ? Wow you must have a lot of friends.

that's right, insult him - it makes you look sooo much better :roll:

btw I was not only talking about this hair-loss forum, but also on other forums where people don't answer or are just to lazy to write 1 or 2 sentences to help someon out, and that was and is still frustrating.

the irony of you calling others lazy.... :laugh:

But OKAY that all aside. Don't want ariot starting here, bc you clearly are starting one. :)

you're the one who seems intent on starting acrimony by being confrontational :box:

So please, if you post anything on this thread, LET IT BE OF SOME HELP TO OTHERS.

I hope this post was of help to you :)

brandnew88

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks brandnew88 !

I'm sure Avodart will work great for you. I started using it 3x a week just like you, but soon used it daily for a good month and now I'm back to 2-3 times a week.

Reason I used it everyday was bc it builds-up faster in your blood this way, and you will reach a steady state sooner.

i think i am going to stick with MWF for now then hope that it does something. I can always go up to the daily dose if i dont see results in a few months.

balding89

Established Member
Reaction score
actually they're totally appropriate -you display a very bad, immature attitude here

You seem to be offended that people on this forum didn't roll out the red carpet and fall over themselves to rush to help you. If you were paying for advice then I might understand you feeling miffed, but you seem to have the impression that Hairlosstalk owes you or something? wtf?! :notworthy

In order to gain from a community (on the internet or in real life) you have to contribute yourself, and I don't care what you say, 69 posts in 2 years is not a massive contribution. I see this happen on many forums about different subjects - people register because they want something, and as soon as they've got it they go away and never return.

69 posts in one year is still barely anything really...

I was a Noob to hairloss once and came to forums for advice, but I didn't expect members to roll out the red carpet for me. I put the work in, and as I gained more knowledge about the subject, I stuck around to help others if I could. Many times I had questions that went unanswered, but I didn't get into a strop and throw my toys out of the pram, or demand that others help me out.

'Senior members like me' are under no obligation to respond or help - we're not being paid - any help we give is a favour which all too often receives little acknowledgment or thanks. Plus we see the same questions asked a million times over, and we have lives and other things to do.

you're the one doing the judging on things you know nothing about :nono:

I know there are people worse than you: 1 post wonders... but 69 posts still isn't much, and I'd hazard a guess that most of those posts were asking for (or rather demanding) help, and then complaining when you didn't get it. :freaked:

you post 'from time to time'.... let me guess, you're really busy and that's all you can manage?

We're ALL busy FYI :thumbsdown:

you come across like that on the internet... :hmmm:

that's right, insult him - it makes you look sooo much better :roll:

the irony of you calling others lazy.... :laugh:

you're the one who seems intent on starting acrimony by being confrontational :box:

I hope this post was of help to you :)

you are totally right. How could I be so ignorant ? :-s ... I could give answers all of your comments, but what is the point since you clearly have a vision of your own.

Thanks again for clearing things up! you made me and other members see things trough a much better, lighter, and different perspective.
Bye :)

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

i think i am going to stick with MWF for now then hope that it does something. I can always go up to the daily dose if i dont see results in a few months.

Yes of course, MWF works fine for me 2.

I just wanted to reach a steady state faster, that is why i upped to everyday for a good month.

grtz

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
@Balding89

glad I've made you see the error of your ways. Now lose your childish petulant attitude and show some gratitude :)

balding89

Established Member
Reaction score
@Balding89

glad I've made you see the error of your ways. Now lose your childish petulant attitude and show some gratitude :)

MAn someone really needs to punch you, cuz you really are one annoying Ahole