Finally success treating my hair loss with Avodart (Dutasteride) | Page 3 | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Forum Update: Aug 19. Feedback for the Admin? Upgrade coming: Click Here.

Finally success treating my hair loss with Avodart (Dutasteride)

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by balding89, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Kev123

Kev123 Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Same thing happens to me. finasteride did not make it worse though, it slowed it down. But with dutasteride, I see absolutely no hairs when I shower. It seemed to have actually stopped any kind of shedding, even the normal 50-150 hair shed a day, I think. I shampoo my hair every day, no hair falls out at all.

In the entire shower time, I can say I see about 2-3 hairs on my hands, after I shampoo it and massage it.

You should not panic about this, it's a good sign that dutasteride already blocked DHT which lead to your hair follicles strengthening I think. That is why your hair does not fall, dutasteride has your DHT in a headlock and it is giving it a noogie for bullying your hair follicles for all those years. Now use Rogaine and you'll be good.

2. sammo123

sammo123 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hey guys,

Jimmy + Balding89.

What type of dosage are you guys taking? (sorry if you've already said this)

I'm a long time finasteride user and am considering making the switch as I've been going backwards for a long while now.

Also, where do you purchase and do I need a prescription?

Thanks,

Sam

- - - Updated - - -

PS - I had an older account from years ago with more posts but somehow lost the password etc and ended on this one.

;)

3. Kev123

Kev123 Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    0.5mg a day. I have not stopped taken finasteride 1.25mg a day though, so I take both. It's been 3 weeks, no side effects to report.

I get mine from Inhousepharmacies.biz

4. sammo123

sammo123 New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks. So after 3 weeks, all your shedding has stopped? Seems pretty quick?

Is it normal to take both finasteride and dutasteride?

Ta,

sam

5. balding89

balding89 Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks for the reply! It's good to hear someone having a similar experience on dutasteride. I have used minoxidil on my temples for 8 months, but got nothing buts peach fuzz. I also noticed minoxidil was causing small rashes around my eyes. So I quit minoxidil, and I guess in the months that came I lost a decent amount of hair at the temples.

dutasteride stopped hairloss allover my scalp though.

- - - Updated - - -

Sammo123,

I used dutasteride everyday for like 1,5 month. and from then on went down to 3-4x a week.

6. abutton

abutton Member

Dislikes Received:
    hey balding, where do you live?
    if you check my thread you'll see my current hair-state. I really want to start dutasteride but don't know where to buy from...

I live in the UK and buying duta from... on another site for it, the same as poster nickypoo, drmpharmacy tries to sell a prescription for £15.00, which I don't really understand? because if they sent the details to my real gp surely they wouldn't allow it because it isn't FDA approved for hairloss - also drm pharmacy is double the price but that being said I don't know how much VAT would be charged so it might not be?

If you or anyone could help me out that'd be great

7. balding89

Dislikes Received:
    Sorry abutton,

can't help you with that one. I live in Europe. But I get my dutasteride from a gym buddy. He uses steroids, and occasionally uses dutasteride for his hair.

8. abutton

abutton Member

Dislikes Received:
    ah dammit. do you know any other duta users on here that may be able to assist me?

9. secrethero89

secrethero89 Member

Dislikes Received:
    firstly congr. How is your duta progress going?

10. balding89

Dislikes Received:
    Thanks secrethero89.

Well, I'm still not shedding. Can't remember the last time I shed lots of hairs.

What I am noticing is that the first few months on dutasteride, I maybe lost 10 hairs in a whole day. Now the last month I notice that my long hairs are thick and healthy, and those hairs hardly shed.. When I rub my hair above the sink I lose up to 10 hairs, but those hairs are veryyyyyy small.. Like 1 to 3mm. So I don't know what that means. But I don't think it is bad. If anyone knows a bit more about this, don't hesitate to contribute. Grtz

Btw. Side-effects are zero. So that's great. I am still taking dutasteride 3x weekly. So I still have margin.

11. secrethero89

secrethero89 Member

Dislikes Received:
    I will start duta in this week also. Do you take propecia still? i will share my results with you. keep in touch... i am also considering RU58841 mixed with regular minoxidil.

12. balding89

Dislikes Received:
    Yes I still use finasteride on the off days. Don't know why, but I am..

I am not using RU yet. But will start using it from juli on. Good luck to you, and keep me informed ^^

Grtz !

13. ansh

ansh New Member

Dislikes Received:
    hi..i'm from india...i've just started to take finasteride. I want to take dutasteride with finasteride after reading those positive reviews...it comes in 0.5 mg per pill pack here...i'm not sure how to take it(dosage). whether i should use 0.5mg or higher...and whether i should take it daily or 2-3 times a week...please help me with this:lost:

14. Mr White

Mr White Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    You have every right to be angry but please don't hate those people, whoever they were.

I believe it was actually a good piece of advice: Avodart is more potent and the risk of side effects is greater, so it's only natural that most people believe it's safer to start with finasteride.

Then again, everyone is different and reactions to these drugs vary a lot.

Anyway, I'm glad Avodart worked for you. Congratulations!

15. nishrad

nishrad New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Hey im from india too....it sucks to bald over here rather than the western countries....
    anywayzz on to business....dont use dutasteride as of now....start with finasteride....take it for atleast an year before deciding to go to dutasteride....
    dutasteride is a very powerful drug....ive been on finasteride for the past 8 months....never had sexual sides....took 1 dutasteride pill and bam my dick has gone numb....plus half life of dutasteride is 5 weeks....so if u get sexual sides they wont go away that easily....
    add minoxidil to finasteride....thats a good combo.....use dutasteride as a last option...

16. piacere

piacere Member

Dislikes Received:
    I find you an annoying Ahole

17. jamestalk

jamestalk New Member

Dislikes Received:
    Avodart

I see you have had a great reaction to Avodart and would like to know of a safe place to purchase this product.

18. Rudolphus

Rudolphus Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hello. This is my first post on here but I've been lurking on these forums for about a year. I agree with nishrad's advice that dutasteride should be used only as a very last resort, and should definitely not be tried before first trying finasteride for at least a year. dutasteride inhibits 5AR type 1 as well as type 2. 5AR type 1 is present in the brain in high amounts, and it is simply not known what kind of potential damage could be done to the brain in the long-term as a result of prolonged deprivation of this enzyme, which is obviously present in the brain for a reason. However, if you really are decided on using dutasteride, I would strongly advise you to take 0.5 mg every other day rather than every day, because taking it every other day inhibits far less 5AR1 than taking it daily (18% inhibition rate if taken eod, 50% if taken daily), whilst only inhibiting very slightly less 5AR2 (95% as opposed to 99%). 5AR2, of course, is much more important in hair loss than 5AR1, and the difference in effectiveness between taking dutasteride eod and taking it daily will most likely be small. Just my 2 cents :)

19. zzzzz

zzzzz Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    just a note to everyone if you are taking dutasteride don't waste your time taking finasteride at the same time. It is pointless as dutasteride does everything finasteride does and more. You might as well be taking a sugar pill on the side

20. Justeone

Justeone Member

Dislikes Received:
    I just replaced finasteride with dutasteride as well approx 1 month ago . Stopping minoxidil for about 2 months now as well . Going to hasson and wong to fix my hair line . They want you to be off minoxidil for 2 months before a surgery . Ill let you know how the dutasteride goes ppl . So far no sides . Taking it 4 times per week! I do dermaroll once every few months as well...

Mr. Grey likes this.