Finally almost recovered from Rogaine

manymistakes

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I am a 19 year old male. I started using minoxidil about 3 months ago regularly, twice a day, resulting in a constant heavy shed of hair. I had used it before, but very minimally/sloppily with no real effect. Prior to using minoxidil, I was around a NW2 with thick hair for many years, but stupidly started using minoxidil because I thought it was receding and I got self conscious. 2.5 weeks ago, I opted quit because of the effects on my skin and just because it is a crappy product. The shed I had while on minoxidil brought my hair way below baseline really quick, and the shedding is continuing 2.5 weeks after I quit it.

What I think is happening is that the introduction of minoxidil shocked my hair into a telogen effluvium. I am just curious if any people who were shedding post-minoxidil ever stopped shedding and had hair come back? Unless minoxidil killed the follicles, I don't see why the hair wouldn't.

I am aware of the one study that people bring up every time this topic is brought up, but I have seen no real people discuss what actually happens. I would love to keep y'all updated on what happens to me.

Bensson

My Regimen
Reaction score
I could not find any newer thread so i post in this one

Tried Minoxidil for the first time for 6 months and what a horrible sideffects, messed up my forehead with deep wrinkles and looks like some hit me with an ax, not to mention the darc circles under eyes and bloating

I am 6 months post up since stoping minoxidil and the deep wrinkles has got little bit better by using dermastamp and pure hyaluronic acid which fills up the skin after stamping or rolling.

For the darc circles I have still not found anything that works as their is small improvments only.

So if you get deep wrinkles on the forehead from minoxidil try to increase collagen by dermarolling or dermastamping with some serum or cream after which contains hyaluronic acid and or vitamin c

nathael

My Regimen
Reaction score
I could not find any newer thread so i post in this one

Tried Minoxidil for the first time for 6 months and what a horrible sideffects, messed up my forehead with deep wrinkles and looks like some hit me with an ax, not to mention the darc circles under eyes and bloating

I am 6 months post up since stoping minoxidil and the deep wrinkles has got little bit better by using dermastamp and pure hyaluronic acid which fills up the skin after stamping or rolling.

For the darc circles I have still not found anything that works as their is small improvments only.

So if you get deep wrinkles on the forehead from minoxidil try to increase collagen by dermarolling or dermastamping with some serum or cream after which contains hyaluronic acid and or vitamin c
Did your skin recover?