Finally acting against hair loss.

Supertramp

Reaction score
Man, hair loss is an affliction to youth. It's weird, some days I accept my fate and others are filled with religiously checking my recession. Anyway, I hope you're all well!

The current state of my hair:

IMAG0220_1.jpg

Also, where can I purchase finasteride in the United Kingdom? Preferably without a prescription.

Ebony

Reaction score
So much for the "small percentage" of sides. What brand of finasteride did you take? Propecia?

Comparing the most recent pic with the first pics I'm not sure if it's better or worse

GabrelyanG

Reaction score
I got situation like you, but your hair is better than mine and i'm 21y . I'm afraid of using Finasteride due to possibility of side effects

Supertramp

Reaction score
I got situation like you, but your hair is better than mine and i'm 21y . I'm afraid of using Finasteride due to possibility of side effects

Hey, man. I think you should at least try Finasteride. I mean, if you do happen to experience side effects, then you could always quit. Just give it a shot, bud.

Regards,

Supertramp.

Supertramp

Reaction score
Hey, man. You'll be fine! Don't obsess over potential side effects. If they do happen to arise, then the medication can simply be reduced or stopped.

I wish you all the best!

Take care,

Supertramp.

Reaction score
Your hair looks like mine.

I started Propecia 1mg daily when I was 23 after spending about 3 months of researching my options online and constantly reading that I should "catch it early" by getting on Propecia and minoxidil ASAP.

My plan was to try that for a minimum of 12 months and then reassess the situation, with a hair transplant as the next option, depending on how my hairline responded.

After reading about the possibility of sexual sides I decided I'd try ejaculating just before taking my first tablet and then compare it 24 hours after. So 24 hours later I tried exactly the same and LITERALLY 0ml came out. It was literally like masturbating pre-puberty and it hadn't happened since I was probably 11 years old. It took me about 4 weeks to fully recover sexually from that single tablet.

That experience scared me away from Propecia until I drifted back into researching online again and kept reading about people whose sides disappeared after a few weeks or months.

I decided to try Propecia again and this time I didn't experience such dramatic sides, but they were present and built very slowly over time.

I'd say after about 6-9 months there was noticeable thickening all over. That's the thing with Propecia: you can get thickening all over your scalp. That's not possible with a hair transplant or minoxidil (unless you soak your entire scalp in it). The miniaturised hair on my hairline had thickened, but was still significantly lower in density compared the less miniaturised hair around it. I could only wear the classic hair style shown in every hair transplant before&after photo (combed back).

After about 18 months I came out of denial over the sides Propecia was causing me. Here's what I experienced:

• Sexual: No morning wood, decreased libido, very little ejaculate volume & erectile dysfunction. I'd say I was at about 30% of my pre-Propecia levels and had almost no interest in sex during this time.
  • Physical: bacne cured, less greasy facial skin, scalp itch cured, decreased ability to gain muscle, some abdominal fat buildup, androgynous facial changes (probably due to changes in fat distribution), slight slowing and softening of beard hair growth & slower growing body hair.
  • Mental: none that I was aware of.
I stopped Propecia about 5 months ago and still have most of those sides. The abdominal fat buildup went fairly quickly after stopping, but the others have only improved slightly.

It seemed to be starting to lose its effectiveness for my hair, anyway. In my experience it doesn't "hold what you've got" indefinitely. It just slows it down. My hair hasn't dramatically thinned out yet since stopping, but who knows what will happen in 12 months.

I've got some free time next month where I'll be getting blood work to see what's wrong with me.

Long term, I feel my only options for my hair are probably a hair transplant and eventually a hair piece...