Finally acting against hair loss.

Supertramp

Reaction score
So, this 'shed' is still occurring, and I'm pretty certain that the density of my hair has decreased. However, I will persevere, and continue with the treatment.

Fortunately, I'm still experiencing no major side effects. Although, I have noticed that my libido is lower than usual. Again, this isn't major.

I plan to return and update you guys in a month or two. Hopefully, by then, I'll have something to be positive about.

I wish everyone luck with whatever they're doing.

Take care,

Supertramp.

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
hairline is intact, but significant diffuse thinning. you're lucky, you'll probably make a full recovery. People with thinning but intact hairlines always get the best results.

Supertramp

Reaction score
Thanks for the encouragement, GoldenMane. My hairline has slightly receded, but does seem to have lost density in certain areas, which makes it look worse. I really hope it gets thicker. Time will tell, I guess...

jackakastones

Reaction score
Best of luck to you dude! Your density reminds me of mine, with a bit more hairline recession. Still not totally sure what's going on with my hair, if I'm diffusing, or just going out of my mind. Wishing you well man.

Supertramp

Reaction score
So, I'm pretty certain that my nipples have became slightly 'puffy'.

I really hope this is just my body adjusting to the hormonal changes, and that it'll disappear or not progress any further. Or it could be the beginning of Gynocamastia?

- - - Updated - - -

Unfortunately, I have now decreased my dosage of Propecia to 0.5mg, every other day. Hopefully, If I have any kind of luck, the puffiness in my nipples will disappear.

If not, then it's likely that I'm doomed.

Supertramp

Reaction score
So, I've decided to discontinue using Propecia, as I've started to feel a slight discomfort in my pectorals and just under my armpits.

If this subsides, I plan to restart the treatment by utilising a small dose of 0.25mg.

Man, this is truly disheartening...

Supertramp

Reaction score
The discomfort in my nipples has all but gone, but the slight 'puffiness' is still there.

Because of this, I've decided to continue using Propecia, taking around 0.25mg every other day, or possibly every third day.

I feel like I just can't throw in the towel due to something so insignificant. However, I will remain cautious and regularly check for any changes.

Wishing you all well,

Supertramp.

jackakastones

Reaction score
Darn, so sorry to hear about the small, but annoying sides you were going through Supertramp. I hope 0.25/eod works out better for you. Best wishes!

Supertramp

Reaction score
I hope you're well, jackakastones! The side effect that I experienced was quite insignificant, but it doesn't hurt to be cautious. I'll let you know how things develop.

Take care, man.

Supertramp

Reaction score
Hey, guys. Unfortunately, I've been forced to discontinue using Propecia, as the pain in my pectoral region didn't subside. Just my luck. However, there's been no change to the shape of my chest. I've just stopped the medication as a precaution. Anyway, what are my options? I may try Propecia again once the gynecomastia symptoms subside. Any advice would be appreciated.

This is the current state of my hair.
IMG-20151109-03150.jpg

CliffLee

Established Member
Reaction score
Thats sad to hear.

If it was me, I would wait until the pain subsides completely, then taper back on finasteride, at a lower dose. Maybe 0.5mg a day or every other day, working your way back up to 1mg a day. I have read a few posts/threads from users stating that they initially had sides that stopped once they discontinued, and then never came back once they restarted treatment - so hope is not lost on using finasteride.

If that still causes you issues though, then you could try RU. I would probably research RU now, incase you don't have the option of finasteride.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score

Supertramp

Reaction score
I plan to do just that, CliffLee. I feel like giving up now would be futile. I may even utilise an even smaller dose, possibly 0.25mg every other day.

I'm considering purchasing Nizoral soon. Or does anyone recommend any other shampoos?

Also, should I consider taking supplements such as Biotin, Cod Liver Oil, and Zinc?

Supertramp

Reaction score
Hey, guys. So, I have since decreased my dosage to 0.25mg, every other day. Although my nipples are still 'puffy', the pain that I was experiencing has all but subsided. There is hope!

For those who experience side-effects with Propecia, my advice would be not to give up, but to experiment with different doses. This may very well work.

As for the future, I plan to gradually increase my dosage over time.

Anyway, I hope everyone's well!

Regards,
Supertramp.

Supertramp

Reaction score
So, it's been a while. I hope you're all well!

I still continue to utilise 0.25mg of Propecia, every other day. Some days I think my hair has improved and some days I believe my hair loss had exacerbated. However, I shall let you be the judge of that.

Supertramp

Reaction score
Hey, guys. So, this is the current state of what little hair I have left. My hair is completely wet in the photos provided.

IMAG0172_1_1.jpg

IMAG0174_1.jpg

IMAG0175_1.jpg

IMAG0177_1.jpg

IMAG0178_1.jpg

IMAG0179_1.jpg

Although my hairline has receded slightly, it's the density that concerns me. I've only been taking 0.25mg of Propecia every three days, due to feeling some discomfort in my chest. However, the appearance of my chest hasn't changed. Should I up my dose?

Also, my Propecia has become depleted. Should I just purchase a generic brand? If so, where in the UK can I obtain it?

As always, any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Supertramp

eenough

Reaction score
It's awesome to know you're fighting. I'm new too all this too so I have no advice to give,
but it's great that you're cautious of the side effects unlike many people who try to force their way through the medication.