Fevipiprant Vs Setipiprant. Pgd2 Inhibitors.

NormanNorwood

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm debating Fevipiprant if I can get my hands on it. It's money dependant though.

Does anyone actually think Setipiprant or Fevipiprant which is far more potent will actually stop hairloss or regrow it. I'm quietly optimistic about Fevipiprant but considering that it is Phase 3 now means they have been through vigorous testing. If hair regrowth on the scalp actually occurred would it not be reported as a side effect (like Propecia originally was) at the end of the Phase 3 test.

Also, considering this drug will be trialled and given out for asthma, does anyone think there could be any health risks of taking a drug for asthma if you don't have asthma?

inham123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A lot of people are optimistic about Fevipiprant as it's more potent than Seti

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
When's this supposed to be out? Is this a maintenance treatment or regrowth

Abelibano

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Please, when will this whole "Cotsarelis-pgd2-inhibitor" bullshit ever go off...
Novartis is producing this drug for ASTHMA. Is Novartis and its executive board dumb? Probably not,the company has billions of revenue.So why would they miss a huge chance releasing a potential hair loss drug? Because IT IS NOT working for hairloss.

All this stupid hype began with Cotsarelis finding out that pgd2 is at higher numbers in a bald head. My my, what a huge discovery! (not). I bet a scientist could(have) find(found) a million other indexes abnormal in a bald head, eg inflammatory markers. This has no practical value at all.

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Join a clinical trial.

Look, here's me almost doing it:
upload_2017-7-5_9-48-53.png

Unfortunately, my baldness was apparently not severe enough so I am excluded.

Here, find a location near you:
https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02781311?term=setipiprant&rank=1

By the way, setipiprant has also passed phase 3 in the past, albeit for asthma. Regardless, I think it's worth noting that when considering safety and/ability to grow hair.

SamFT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm debating Fevipiprant if I can get my hands on it. It's money dependant though.

Does anyone actually think Setipiprant or Fevipiprant which is far more potent will actually stop hairloss or regrow it. I'm quietly optimistic about Fevipiprant but considering that it is Phase 3 now means they have been through vigorous testing. If hair regrowth on the scalp actually occurred would it not be reported as a side effect (like Propecia originally was) at the end of the Phase 3 test.

Also, considering this drug will be trialled and given out for asthma, does anyone think there could be any health risks of taking a drug for asthma if you don't have asthma?
Well considering that statistics shows that more than half of people that are diagnosed with asthma are mis diagnosed this should be fine. It was found to help repair airways so maybe you smoke a lot of weed like me it might help actually ;)

d3nt3dsh0v3l

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sucks you're excluded. Would've been cool to have someone on the forums to update us on their progress.

Btw what's your Norwood level?

Good hairline, NW2, retrograde alopecia, diffuse thinning through middle and posterior regions. Using a digital microscope, I can see that most of the secondary hairs are lost in the center of the diffusely-thinning patch. They asked for mild-moderate alopecia, so I thought I was good. But keep in mind, of course - that I was excluded doesn't mean I am not a good candidate for treatment. For them, the most important thing is to be able to see the effect clearly, if there is an effect. So I am sure that ideally they want someone with some degree of obvious balding that is not slick bald yet. Like a vellus hair region turning terminal would be a stark observation. So I believe that's why I was excluded.

It's too bad, too... I have the means to check whether or not I would have received placebo or seti... I thought it was going to be an interesting ride. Plus, they were going to pay ME $1000.

But on the other hand, I got to chat with the dermatologist leading the investigation there and she was telling me how some of the existing products were discovered serendipitously, like how bimatoprost was originally intended to treat eye glaucoma but was found to have a positive effect on eyelash growth, or how minoxidil was trialed as a medicine for hypertension, etc.; these effects would have been noted in clinical trials as a side effect of the medication. I asked her then how come with fevipiprant in phase 3 and other CRTH2 blockers known, none have reported hair growth as a side effect but the conversation did not really go anywhere.

I also asked her why they are trialing setipiprant orally, aren't CRTH2 receptors found all over the body? She laughed and said she wasn't prepared for in-depth questions, and then said she had to look over the proposal for the study again. She left the room, looked it over, returned with the notes, and told me that it doesn't really say why Allergan is interested in the oral route.

That kind of makes me nervous, you know? Yeah there may not be any sexual side effects, but that's not the only bad thing in the world. The most commonly reported side effect from the previous phase 2 trials were headaches in ~2.5% of the people. The whole thing is unsettling to me because prostaglandins work in a yin-yang manner, and PGD2/PGE2 are found throughout the body and have other functions not relevant to hair. Additionally, lipid biology is not well studied and it is only in recent times that we are beginning to appreciate the function of prostaglandins, etc., so tipping the balance systemically is uncharted territory. The previous phase 3 trial was also only for 12 weeks. This study is for 8 months so...scary. But then again, apparently lots of people are running around with greatly attenuated DHT levels and are A-ok so who knows :)

Last edited:

Min0

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Please, when will this whole "Cotsarelis-pgd2-inhibitor" bullshit ever go off...
Novartis is producing this drug for ASTHMA. Is Novartis and its executive board dumb? Probably not,the company has billions of revenue.So why would they miss a huge chance releasing a potential hair loss drug? Because IT IS NOT working for hairloss.

All this stupid hype began with Cotsarelis finding out that pgd2 is at higher numbers in a bald head. My my, what a huge discovery! (not). I bet a scientist could(have) find(found) a million other indexes abnormal in a bald head, eg inflammatory markers. This has no practical value at all.

Fevi and seti are not supposed to grow hair, but to maintain what you have.

Finasteride sometimes doesn't grow anything and i think the grow is due to the change in androgen/estrogen ratio.

So you're pissing on the sand here.

cocona

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

There aren't a billion other inflammatory markers in the bald scalp. Its PGD2 section of the archiadonic acid chain in the bald scalp activating GPR44/CRTH2. That is the follicle destruction component of Androgenetic Alopecia. Other routes of inhibiting destruction of follicles do so by inhibiting PGD2 upsteam like antiandrogens or PTGDS inhibitors.

This doesn't fix any of the degenerative problems in Androgenetic Alopecia caused by repeated destruction of follicles triggered by PGD2 induced GPR44 activation but it prevents destruction.

Keep your opinion though its clear even despite hearing about this many times you haven't made an attempt to understand what is going on or are incapable of understanding such.

Look at me... Someone is wrong on the internet.

Abelibano

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah ok, good luck waiting pgd2 inhibitors,Cotsarelis and Bullshipiprant to save your hair ;)

Abelibano

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Its PGD2 section of the archiadonic acid chain in the bald scalp activating GPR44/CRTH2. That is the follicle destruction component of Androgenetic Alopecia

Wow, how come all these years scientists didnt think about it! Just publish a paper with this argument and receive the Nobel Prize in Medicine!
Lol

Last edited:

ALightInTheDark

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wow, how come all these years scientists didnt think about it! Just publish a paper with this argument and receive the Nobel Prize in Medicine!
Lol

There is forumers with proof and photos and knowledge,and there is others with motor mouths full of bullshit,who doesn't understand a quarter of how a prostanglandin is important in the human body and bashing around every move scientists try to make.
Guess in which side you are :)

Abelibano

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is forumers with proof and photos and knowledge,and there is others with motor mouths full of bullshit,who doesn't understand a quarter of how a prostanglandin is important in the human body and bashing around every move scientists try to make.
Guess in which side you are :)
You went full retard.Never go full retard kiddo. If it is so effective rub it to your head,pop it to your mouth/*** or wherever fits you best, grow full hair and GTFO this forum :)

ALightInTheDark

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You went full retard.Never go full retard kiddo. If it is so effective rub it to your head,pop it to your mouth/*** or wherever fits you best, grow full hair and GTFO this forum :)

Actually I'm not wasting my time with people who talkin so much but know so few. You're sh*t chatting bout things you don't know
Yeah give some cash and I will do it and get it done ;)
Empty vessels make the most noise old man,you don't knew that?

Abelibano

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Actually I'm not wasting my time with people who talkin so much but know so few. You're sh*t chatting bout things you don't know
Yeah give some cash and I will do it and get it done ;)
Empty vessels make the most noise old man,you don't knew that?
Actually, since like 6 months I have stopped wasting my time talking and dreaming about future treatments and have started saving money for a future FUE in one of Europe's top doctors.
You will become realistic and disappointed as well when you reach eventually the level of knowledge I have and when you get countless disappointments from hairloss industry, like us, older members.
Have a nice day :)

dermrafok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Actually, since like 6 months I have stopped wasting my time talking and dreaming about future treatments and have started saving money for a future FUE in one of Europe's top doctors.
You will become realistic and disappointed as well when you reach eventually the level of knowledge I have and when you get countless disappointments from hairloss industry, like us, older members.
Have a nice day :)
Evidence based medicine commands in medicine; And hair loss has a lot to do with medicine...I do not think there are so many disappointments, quite the opposite. That's how it is.