Feel suicidal .

Willoway

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You've always been a paragon of modesty.
That's my tidbit to throw in about Mormonism. I have thoroughly de-constructed Mormonism. It's just stupid more than anything else but I have thought of polygamy as a solution at times.

Butterbean Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
Only playing the snakes advocate.

Where's there's a Will there's a gill...................well, that's what the advocators of evolution say.

Butterbean Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
Purrs either way but Lilllith and Ashterof were always far more interesting than the hackney Yahweh always with the lightning bolts and the white beard....
Where there's a Will, there's NOT a Yahweh.

I've read, reread and then gone back for more.

Still none the wiser.

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's not somewhat objective that's 2 people coming to same subjective conclusion. Objectivity literally means it's a true or false, cut and dry measurable concept. Something can't be partially objective. There can be things that involve objective things and subjective things like medicine but the things in it that are objective are wholly so. Like whether someone's blood sugar passes a certain threshy
I agree that's a definition of objective, though it's also commonly used to construe a means of attempted impartiality instead of personal bias. But regardless my point was more consistent with your definition anyway in that it doesn't matter ones "subjective" view on something like murder because if they carry out that view in a society that has laws against it (i.e. it's an objective fact that murder is codified as a crime) they can't plead that it's a matter of "subjective taste"

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the fine turning argument would say that if you kept the physical laws, and very slightly changed a few parameters, you wouldn't get anything orderly at all, let alone matter or life, and so forth. In order to even get species that claw their way through a mountain of sh*t to survive, you first need matter and complex structures and so on.
We have an extrordinary limited imagination for these things, by design. It's just not something the human brain evolved to conceptualize. Our version of intelligently organizing matter wouldn't exist. I wouldn't insist with any certainty, that other complex systems, we can't comprehend wouldn't be able to evolve, if some parameters were different. That's really impossible to predict for humans imo.

Either way, that still leaves us with what I talked about in the last paragraph. A force or creator, that put certain rules at the beginning, but then did not interfere with the natural cause of things at all anymore. That's not a designer. The creationist idea is, that someone interfered with evolution, or at least especially designed it so it would give rise to humans. There's absolut no evidence for that and it's quite an arrogant idea.

Reactions: 300

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Feelsbadman , I know where you are, during my journey I’ve been in very dark places.

You are probably in a state of despair at the moment, feeling as though nothing will get you out of your current rut.

What you are experiencing is absolutely normal, I’ve been there too. I might come across as bragging when I talk about dating but I remember when I was your age, I was in a 5 year drought, it was so bad that I couldn’t for the life of me get a date, I tried everything at the time, paid dating coaches, took up new hobbies etc

0 dates
0 kisses
0 lays

Fast forward years later, new dates every month and more action. Here’s the thing if you had told me back then I would be having some of the positive experiences that I am having now, I wouldn’t believe you.

Don’t give up and just try to enjoy the process of life, things will pick up again - just trust the process.

Isaac Newton

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree that's a definition of objective, though it's also commonly used to construe a means of attempted impartiality instead of personal bias. But regardless my point was more consistent with your definition anyway in that it doesn't matter ones "subjective" view on something like murder because if they carry out that view in a society that has laws against it (i.e. it's an objective fact that murder is codified as a crime) they can't plead that it's a matter of "subjective taste"
As far as I know that's the only other definition for it besides another word for goal. And if people misuse the term and try to pass themselves off as objective when they're not that doesn't change the words definition itself

Isaac Newton

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 173733

Here's your 'perfectly fine-tuned' universe, bro. It's almost as if we had evolved through billions of years to survive in this environment. And not long ago, with the exact same biology we barely got by. Humans faced a genetic bottle neck several times, meaning we almost went extinct and survived via incest. A volcano on your ancestral island wiped out most of humanity not too long ago for example.
Btw most of the planet is also inhabitable and even mildly to medium toxic to us, because it's salt water, we get skin cancer from the sun, our own immune system often attacks and kills us for no f*****g reason and we have a sh*t ton of other genetic mutations, that end up in i.e. pic related. It's also not that unlikely, that we will destroy ourselves during the next 500 years.
Nothing here was fine tuned for us. Like any other successful species, we clawed our way through a sh*t ton of strive and misery, adapted and prevailed. For now.

If there is a creator, it's not a designer at all. He created the natural laws of the universe, fucked off and let it all play out, without interfering in the evolution of the human species at all. That's what the American founding fathers believed.
Good points but the fact that it still happened in the first place is amazing and is still an example of ridiculous exponential fine tuning. And you didn't address why humans are so special.

And yes as for the latter it's why I'm a deist. I think the order in the universe shows there's some kind of god but I have no idea what it/they're traits are

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good points but the fact that it still happened in the first place is amazing and is still an example of ridiculous exponential fine tuning. And you didn't address why humans are so special.
I'm not sure they are as special as people think they are. Many animals rival our intelligence, not quite there but close. And we are just the only surviving species of a long line of intelligent hominids. Many directly or indirectly thriven to extiction by us. Biologically/behaviourally we do not really display anything, that's not present in other mammals, albeit sometimes less advanced. I.e. Crows have a mathematical ability, elephants mourn their dead, ants have agriculture and animal husbandry and chimps display forms of culture, depending on your definition.

Civilizations are probably extremely rare to evolve, but I'd be surprised if we were the only one in the whole universe. And after all, special does not mean meaningful. Many animals have traits, that set them apart from most other liveforms. Our feats are very impressive to us, but if we Nagasaki our species in a few hundred years, this would all in all have been just a very short-lived and not all that successful evolutionary experiment.

Isaac Newton

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not sure they are as special as people think they are. Many animals rival our intelligence, not quite there but close. And we are just the only surviving species of a long line of intelligent hominids. Many directly or indirectly thriven to extiction by us. Biologically/behaviourally we do not really display anything, that's not present in other mammals, albeit sometimes less advanced. I.e. Crows have a mathematical ability, elephants mourn their dead, ants have agriculture and animal husbandry and chimps display forms of culture, depending on your definition.

Civilizations are probably extremely rare to evolve, but I'd be surprised if we were the only one in the whole universe. And after all, special does not mean meaningful. Many animals have traits, that set them apart from most other liveforms. Our feats are very impressive to us, but if we Nagasaki our species in a few hundred years, this would all in all have been just a very short-lived and not all that successful evolutionary experiment.
Strange. You're redpilled, it's usually SJWs who have that mindset

There's arguments for both sides but I don't see how you can dismiss science, art, self awareness, etc. I'll reply more later

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Strange. You're redpilled, it's usually SJWs who have that mindset

There's arguments for both sides but I don't see how you can dismiss science, art, self awareness, etc. I'll reply more later
I think what I want.
But you are actually very wrong with that assessment, because you are too hung up in the most recent discourse:
Naturalism is redpilled and Humanism is for whine sipping upper class bluepillers, who think they are above it all if they read Goethe and listen to Bach and pay horrendous prices for the newest progressive theater play.

Last edited:

Isaac Newton

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think what I want.
But you are actually very wrong with that assessment, because you are too hung up in the most recent discourse:
Naturalism is redpilled and Humanism is for whine sipping upper class bluepillers, who think they are above it all if they read Goethe and listen to Bach and pay horrendous prices for the newest progressive theater play.
I was thinking of the redpillers that are wholesome and Christian like fredthebelgian or mainstream conservatives. Altho tbf some mainstream conservatives can be kinda bluepilled. Especially with race they tend to be those "Idc if you're purple" type anti racist boomers

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
So tell us what was the key to improve your dating life after all those years?

Two things, first dating apps.

I think part of the problem was that I was just not meeting enough women in a romantic context, during this time I was trying to meet women organically - hobbies, bars and clubs
and refused to use dating apps. It was a disaster since women in that environment are usually more reserved, where they were also usually taken!

in the wild there are no filters too, which as an ethnic minority can go against you. You could unknowingly start interacting with a woman not interested in you because of race.

The other things were:

- finding an app that works for me, not all dating apps are equal, for example I have no luck using bumble

- improving my image, dressing better, going to the gym. Massively has helped. Skin care routine.

- having up to date profile pictures, without filters, full body shots. I used to have photos with filters on it - black and white etc, when they met up in person, more often than not it will go absolutely nowhere - no action at all

- becoming successful in my career

- playing the numbers game. This is the KEY, it’s amazing how different people can be in terms of how they perceive you. One woman can think I’m handsome , another a geek.

the lack of numbers pre-app meant that by pool of women to choose from was severely limited.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was thinking of the redpillers that are wholesome and Christian like fredthebelgian or mainstream conservatives. Altho tbf some mainstream conservatives can be kinda bluepilled. Especially with race they tend to be those "Idc if you're purple" type anti racist boomers
Christianity is an internationalist religion. Always was. And there's an awfully high percentage of incredibly pozzed Christians nowadays. The Pope said 'The Arab invasion of Europe is a good thing'. Last time I went to church, the priest sperged out about 'Drumpf' and sh*t.

1608381311946.jpg