Feel inferior around NW1?

s.a.f

Reaction score
"inching towards a NW2" LMAO :roll:
So in other words all we have to do is become a ruthlessly succesful powerful millionaires and we'll have no problems - ok I think we already knew that.

Grow up man, we're not competing here with gangsters like the fictional Tony Saprano, when the guys on this site are out at a club their up against other ordinary Joes the only difference is we have had a set back to our looks whilst the other guys have'nt therefore putting us at a slight disadvantage. Of course you'll still be better off than some NW1's but to realise that losing your hair now puts you (in many cases) out of the top bracket of attractivness and relagates you to a lower level of women sucks big time. It may be pessimistic but its also reality

And what would you rather have a woman who was attracted to you physicaly or a woman who was attracted to the lifestyle you can offer her?

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
And what would you rather have a woman who was attracted to you physicaly or a woman who was attracted to the lifestyle you can offer her?

What's the difference, they are both equally superficial if you really look at it?

She should be liking you NOT because of your looks, or the lifestyle that you are providing her but because of YOU.

Unfortunantly, as everyone has found, the world does not work that way, relationships marely are just another form of prostitution in some ways. As the commodity being exhanged is of a superficial value in most cases.

With that said, you do need a tough skin out there to attract a mate generally, I think the guys that really get hit hard by hairloss (including me) are the more sensitive types....I know for a fact that my hair loss although not major hinders me less with women, because I have had more success now as a NW1-2 then as a NW0. Thats why I know it is a confidence issue right now, for me anyway. Similarly, there have been nights where my hair was looking like sh*t but because of the energy I was giving off was extremely positive - women were attracted to me in numbers.

And before anyone says..."NW1,2 can be hidden" women do notice. They are very attentative to details as a species. When my hair was v short, I had one girl say to me "Your hair loss must be following your fathers pattern"

Finally, I think everyone here is putting way too much emphasis on how a man's look declines after a certain age. There are plenty of women out there that get uglier as they get older - bad skin etc....beauty is temporary. Older women do know this, because many young guys will not chase them. Seen it at parties - many times. I think the real problem here for many guys on here, including myself is that we want to be banging the perfect 10s - and we feel that our chances are being ruined by hairloss....That is the real underlying issue to all of this, as opposed to not finding a mate.

Matt Skiba

Established Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:

Honestly I'd like a little of both, then you can really be a pimp so to say, but being attractive physically doesn't have as much to do with hair as many people on here make it out to be. Honestly I think being overweight is much more of a turn-off than losing your hair is, and if you're both overweight and losing your hair I don't even think you should be on this forum, because any overweight girl that might look your way isn't going to care either way.

Now biologically, hair has absolutely nothing to do with "survival of the fittest". Like I said before women want a man who doesn't shy away and can "get the job done" so to speak. I know it's been mentioned on the forum before, but there's handsome looking bald men that many women go gaga over.

On one end of the spectrum, we have Jason Statham who has been balding since his 20s I would assume, and he's had a relationship for 7 years with Kelly Brook, who is actually 7 years younger than he is. So he started dating her when he was 30 and she was 23, and he was in lock stock and 2 smoking barrels when he was 27 or so, so this happened after that.

Let's take a look at the two:

Kelly Brook:

kelly-brook-uhq-011.jpg

Jason Statham:

jason-statham.jpg

Jason Statham is a very fit looking guy, and he has done martial arts and whatnot, and he also gives off a huge amount of confidence. I could definitely see how women could see him to be a rugged and sexy kind of guy with a "no bullshit" kind of attitude. Honestly I have no doubt in my mind that women would find this sort of thing incredibly attractive, not to mention the physical sexual intercourse would be incredibly satisfying and animal-like for both parties involved.

And of course you also have Jude Law on the other end of the spectrum, who may not be as rugged as, and have more of a "pretty boy" style than jason statham, I will also admit that his hair hasn't been as far gone nowadays than it was in the past, but this guy used to date sienna miller. If it was all about money and such, I don't think this chick would have gone through a nervous breakdown like the tabloids say when they broke up. This girl is freaking gorgeous, and I've had a total huge crush on her, just watch this following video:

http://videos.lokert.net/video.php?vid=69

To this day probably one of the sexiest things I've ever seen..

So Jude Law can definitely get with the "perfect 10s" as you put it, and hair loss seems to have affected him little to none in that regard.

qball01

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't think Brook dated Statham for that long...she left him for another man. Fortunately for the sake of your argument....the man was Billy Zane, who was/is even balder than Statham. Despite his Hollywood status, it was clear he wasn't exactly going back to the A-list either, but he was definitely still somewhat popular around hollywood....the one thing he DOES have which you can tell from is interviews and some of the roles he acts...is that he is a very charismatic, charming individual and hes still very good looking despite being bald (proving that hair loss isn't a death sentence for handsome men). The girl was in her mid-late twenties when they were dating as well and she didn't give a f*** that he was bald.

BillyZanePA1805_468x705.jpg

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
That's Hollywood, not everyday life. Just because Statham and Jude can score hot women doesn't translate into your average NW5 being able to "pimp out" perfect 10's. Your optimism comes from a place of ignorance, while my pessimism comes from experience.
Matt Skiba said:
Then again I'm only 22 and inching towards NW2, so I might not know your guys's situations as much, I figure as long as I don't start losing my crown by age 30 I should be alright
So what happens if you do? Would that mean that you wouldn't be alright? How's that, after you just gave us this whole lecture on how baldness doesn't really matter? :shakehead: :jackit:

cuebald

Reaction score
Matt Skiba said:
Then again I'm only 22 and inching towards NW2, so I might not know your guys's situations as much, I figure as long as I don't start losing my crown by age 30 I should be alright.

Oh dear... when you hit NW3.5 you're going to be in for a rude awakening...
You can say what you want about "confidence", "attitude", and anything else written in "The Game", but the reality is if you're Joe NW5 most women will just be thinking "go away" when you come over all cocky and funny on them.

An obese fatty can have all the confidence in the world, I still won't be attracted to them.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Oknow said:
s.a.f said:

What's the difference, they are both equally superficial if you really look at it?

She should be liking you NOT because of your looks, or the lifestyle that you are providing her but because of YOU.

Unfortunantly, as everyone has found, the world does not work that way, relationships marely are just another form of prostitution in some ways. As the commodity being exhanged is of a superficial value in most cases.

With that said, you do need a tough skin out there to attract a mate generally, I think the guys that really get hit hard by hairloss (including me) are the more sensitive types....I know for a fact that my hair loss although not major hinders me less with women, because I have had more success now as a NW1-2 then as a NW0. Thats why I know it is a confidence issue right now, for me anyway. Similarly, there have been nights where my hair was looking like sh*t but because of the energy I was giving off was extremely positive - women were attracted to me in numbers.

And before anyone says..."NW1,2 can be hidden" women do notice. They are very attentative to details as a species. When my hair was v short, I had one girl say to me "Your hair loss must be following your fathers pattern"

Finally, I think everyone here is putting way too much emphasis on how a man's look declines after a certain age. There are plenty of women out there that get uglier as they get older - bad skin etc....beauty is temporary. Older women do know this, because many young guys will not chase them. Seen it at parties - many times. I think the real problem here for many guys on here, including myself is that we want to be banging the perfect 10s - and we feel that our chances are being ruined by hairloss....That is the real underlying issue to all of this, as opposed to not finding a mate.

Obviously a woman should like you for you, but for the initial attraction what people go for is looks. And yeah we do all want to be with perfect 10's but both sexes realise within reason what their chances are on average people will usually hook up with someone who is around their level looks wise. So when you suddenly lose your hair and go from being a 8 to a 6 for example, then it feels bad!

And no women (just like everyone else who is'nt a norwood spotter) dont recognise NW2's as balding because its the most common hairline for a man to have) they may see a NW1 and think that he has exceptionally good hair but its not until NW3 when theres some real skin on display up there that they think a guy is balding.

qball01

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
That's Hollywood, not everyday life. Just because Statham and Jude can score hot women doesn't translate into your average NW5 being able to "pimp out" perfect 10's. Your optimism comes from a place of ignorance, while my pessimism comes from experience.
[quote="Matt Skiba":360iafa1]Then again I'm only 22 and inching towards NW2, so I might not know your guys's situations as much, I figure as long as I don't start losing my crown by age 30 I should be alright
So what happens if you do? Would that mean that you wouldn't be alright? How's that, after you just gave us this whole lecture on how baldness doesn't really matter? :shakehead: :jackit:[/quote:360iafa1]

the fact that it is hollywood makes it an even better example. The women discussed (such as Kelly Brook and Sienna Miller) are on equal or even greater status than the men they were dating...they aren't just normal hot chicks...they're celebrities in their own right, they have been all over worldwide magazine covers. Its not like Billy Zane was the best choice of guy she could have dated if her sole desire was acquiring more money and fame. Clearly there were other reasons (mainly the type of man he is and the fact hes still a good looking guy). So following that...the same rules can apply in the real world. If there is a bald man who is otherwise attractive, has good social skills, keeps in shape and has a passion about life (is ambitious, determined, etc.) then its not unlikely at all to think he can attract a fair amount of desireable women...even if SOME are going to be superficial and not like him because hes bald...there will still be many others who wouldn't give a flying f***.

LMAO at "your optimism comes from a place of ignorance while MY pessimism comes from experience." That quote right there, is exactly why you suck so much in general...

your "experience" is based on a backwards logic. You wake up every day thinking you are inferior and sub-human based on inconclusive evidence of how you THINK random people feel about you...you clearly aren't able to exude that type of energy I was talking about that is attractive to women. You thumb your nose at these notions about confidence and think that its all a way to be in denial about the "harsh" reality of life...but the simple fact remains you are the most pessimistic person that can exist in today's world...so it all becomes a moot point. Until you stop seeing the world as a miserable place that is out to get you...you won't get what you want out of life...but you'll keep blaming hairloss which will perpetuate a cycle of more misery which will make the hairloss factor seem increasingly worse.

If you were really a cool, ubpeat, outgoing person who socialized with TONNES of people it would be a different story...but even from your profile picture I can see the misery you have on a daily basis expressed in your facial expression. If you don't think you carry the weight of your negativity in your day to day activities and interactions with people then you're deluding yourself. Its very hard to cover up the type of intense misery you have towards the world without people being able to tell its a facade. Wake up U-man...you're a 35 year old bald man...pretty normal for a lot of men. The world isn't out to get you. I know its tough to accept that a lot of the suffering you've gone through over the past 10 years or so has been needless and unnecessary...but its true. People don't hate you...they're not always judging you and the majority really don't give a f*** that you're bald. You've made yourself into this sort of literary protagonist...where its you all alone in a world where everybody hates you because you're bald and you have to fight these evil forces on a daily basis....unfortunately, its all a bunch of self contrived bullshit that isn't actually reality based....so YOUR reality is the one that is truly based on ignorance.

Nene

Reaction score
OK OK OK. UC man is obviously overly pessimistic. At the same time, this kid who is still a norwood 1 and is using the world of Hollywood to rationalize how baldness doesn't matter also has no clue what he is talking about. Kid, when you hit norwood 3 and the ladies stop giving you attention, don't come back on here crying.

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
:agree: Hollywood is an example for nothing, most Caucasian men, when going bald lose manny points looks-wise, and lets be honest here, a "regular" guy who loses his hair, loses ALOT! when you get older (id say around your 50s-60s) then it really isnt an issue, but going bald at your twenties, or 30s.... ppfff sux *** buuug time, you have to put twice the work to compete for the average (at best) looking girls.... so yeah ... :jackit:

Nene

Reaction score
Exactly. I was a pretty nice looking kid, but now after losing a good deal of hair I am waaaaaay less attractive. I feel like I have to be perfect in every way to compensate for the baldness. I gotta be in tip top shape, have a good career and money, be funny and witty, be confident, it's so much pressure...Whereas before, I felt like I didn't have to be so perfect, I was a decent catch the way I was.

Boondock

Reaction score
Nene said:
Exactly. I was a pretty nice looking kid, but now after losing a good deal of hair I am waaaaaay less attractive. I feel like I have to be perfect in every way to compensate for the baldness. I gotta be in tip top shape, have a good career and money, be funny and witty, be confident, it's so much pressure...Whereas before, I felt like I didn't have to be so perfect, I was a decent catch the way I was.

Totally agree with this. You feel like you have to get down the gym all the time, have to get the best career, have to develop your personality. And even then you're not back where you were.

Hope4hairRedux

Established Member
Reaction score
Boondock said:
Nene said:

Totally agree with this. You feel like you have to get down the gym all the time, have to get the best career, have to develop your personality. And even then you're not back where you were.

Yeah, this is very true. I always feel as if I should work on other areas more, but the trend that is actually starting to appear is that I am not treating myself that well. My attention to diet isnt that great, I drink, smoke, have coffee, etc Its like im constantly holding onto the remnants of my looks, clawing as I slowly fall down the bald old and ugly path. Its a while yet I guess.

Just looking at most of the guys faces on slybaldguys is enough to make me depressed. Its exactly what I dont want to become. Some old fat guy, who has no shape left in his face. They are all these old blubber faces who never get any pussy unless they have to pay for it. I just hate how scruffy it starts to look on balding people. I think one of the most important things when you go bald is to keep the shape of your face, keep its tightness and relative complexion. Thats the thing for me - the relative minority of bald guys I see around the UK that do look good are those who look lean and healthy, stylish, successful, athletic etc. The relative majority are the ones that let themselves go, and as a result they payed for it.

And continuing on a more constructive note , I do think that as bald(ing) guys we massivly overplay it. Its something that is obvoius but also easy to forget. When you were a kid its not like you looked at people in terms of bald or non bald. And its not like women think in that duality either. Generally, people look at overall attractiveness. I do beleive that if your in good shape, going on a good path etc, then even if you are bald, women may still be attracted to you. Its not the be all and end all. It does reduce our attractiveness, but there is a massive gray area. You get bald athletes and celebrities and nw1 macdonald workers and streetsweepers.

Boondock

Reaction score
^ Completely agree with this.

I do think we perhaps overplay it, but man is it still a pain in the arse. I think the same when I go on SlyBaldGuys. Most of them seem to be either faceless, scruffy bald guys, or those who've gone to the opposite extreme and become bulked and over-sized. Both types I consider crass and unstylish.

Hope4hairRedux

Established Member
Reaction score
Boondock said:

I do think we perhaps overplay it, but man is it still a pain in the arse. I think the same when I go on SlyBaldGuys. Most of them seem to be either faceless, scruffy bald guys, or those who've gone to the opposite extreme and become bulked and over-sized. Both types I consider crass and unstylish.

Yeah, it seems like such an obvoius way for these guys to compensate. 'Oh no, Im fat and bald, well if I get really muscular and look really serious I bet those dumb blonds will love me.'

Thats what Im scared of; is losing what makes me look different from anyone else. A faceless blub of a bald guy. Thats what can suck about hairloss, its harder for people to buld relationships with bald people in my opinon because in your mind there isnt a lot to create a reference with. if you meet someone very distinguishable in terms of how they look then your brain has more to go on then someone who looks completely vague and faceless.

My 89 yr old grandad has a better complexion then my 61 year old dad. My grandad was in ww2 in the army, has done a lot of manual labour inhis life, been a mechanic etc. And even (in not sure at the moment) but even up intil recently he has had his own allotment(grows his own vegatables in a mini garden) and cycles. I think the different ways of life they both took really show. My grandad has a really ruddy strong complexion which is rarer for most older people who go whiter where as my dad has a very let him self go look, poor complexion, over wieght, tired looking etc..It sometimes depresses me that so many older people look like sh*t..i think is it even possible to stay in good shape? i think it is but so few bother.

I think the comparison between my dad and grandad really shows just how important lifestyle is. Not that my grandad would want to be going out and getting girls or would be able to, but just that its crazy that he almost looks healthier then my dad who is 20 years younger.

Boondock

Reaction score
Hope4hairRedux said:
Boondock said:

Yeah, it seems like such an obvoius way for these guys to compensate. 'Oh no, Im fat and bald, well if I get really muscular and look really serious I bet those dumb blonds will love me.'

Thats what Im scared of; is losing what makes me look different from anyone else. A faceless blub of a bald guy. Thats what can suck about hairloss, its harder for people to buld relationships with bald people in my opinon because in your mind there isnt a lot to create a reference with. if you meet someone very distinguishable in terms of how they look then your brain has more to go on then someone who looks completely vague and faceless.

Absolutely. One benefit of hair loss, I suppose, is learning to work on the other areas of your life. Staying active consistently is something I think about more now than I used to, and does have long-term results (as you saw with your relatives).

Baldness-wise, I don't really try and rationalise it anymore because I know that I don't like it. I think the bald look appears bland and anonymous on most guys, and I'd include myself in that category. It's not so much about what others think as it's about what I think - and that has an affect on your well-being.

So you've just gotta fight it as well as you can. Meds and topicals, and later hair transplants. If all else fails, I swear I'll go the hair system route before I join the crowd of "yeah, looks great bro" mindless drones at SlyBaldGuys.com.

Draco88

Established Member
Reaction score
Nene said:
That's a really good point. "Compensate for the baldness".

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
qball01 said:
uncomfortable man said:
[quote="Matt Skiba":7rc3s5um]Then again I'm only 22 and inching towards NW2, so I might not know your guys's situations as much, I figure as long as I don't start losing my crown by age 30 I should be alright
So what happens if you do? Would that mean that you wouldn't be alright? How's that, after you just gave us this whole lecture on how baldness doesn't really matter? :shakehead: :jackit:

the fact that it is hollywood makes it an even better example. The women discussed (such as Kelly Brook and Sienna Miller) are on equal or even greater status than the men they were dating...they aren't just normal hot chicks...they're celebrities in their own right, they have been all over worldwide magazine covers. Its not like Billy Zane was the best choice of guy she could have dated if her sole desire was acquiring more money and fame. Clearly there were other reasons (mainly the type of man he is and the fact hes still a good looking guy). So following that...the same rules can apply in the real world. If there is a bald man who is otherwise attractive, has good social skills, keeps in shape and has a passion about life (is ambitious, determined, etc.) then its not unlikely at all to think he can attract a fair amount of desireable women...even if SOME are going to be superficial and not like him because hes bald...there will still be many others who wouldn't give a flying f*ck.

LMAO at "your optimism comes from a place of ignorance while MY pessimism comes from experience." That quote right there, is exactly why you suck so much in general...

your "experience" is based on a backwards logic. You wake up every day thinking you are inferior and sub-human based on inconclusive evidence of how you THINK random people feel about you...you clearly aren't able to exude that type of energy I was talking about that is attractive to women. You thumb your nose at these notions about confidence and think that its all a way to be in denial about the "harsh" reality of life...but the simple fact remains you are the most pessimistic person that can exist in today's world...so it all becomes a moot point. Until you stop seeing the world as a miserable place that is out to get you...you won't get what you want out of life...but you'll keep blaming hairloss which will perpetuate a cycle of more misery which will make the hairloss factor seem increasingly worse.

If you were really a cool, ubpeat, outgoing person who socialized with TONNES of people it would be a different story...but even from your profile picture I can see the misery you have on a daily basis expressed in your facial expression. If you don't think you carry the weight of your negativity in your day to day activities and interactions with people then you're deluding yourself. Its very hard to cover up the type of intense misery you have towards the world without people being able to tell its a facade. Wake up U-man...you're a 35 year old bald man...pretty normal for a lot of men. The world isn't out to get you. I know its tough to accept that a lot of the suffering you've gone through over the past 10 years or so has been needless and unnecessary...but its true. People don't hate you...they're not always judging you and the majority really don't give a f*ck that you're bald. You've made yourself into this sort of literary protagonist...where its you all alone in a world where everybody hates you because you're bald and you have to fight these evil forces on a daily basis....unfortunately, its all a bunch of self contrived bullshit that isn't actually reality based....so YOUR reality is the one that is truly based on ignorance.[/quote:7rc3s5um]
Another lecture from my shadow...listen, Skiba dosen't have any first hand experience being bald therefore he is ignorant, yet he talks about things that he knows nothing about like he does. On the other hand, I have been bald for over ten years so I have a ton of real experience with it and I can tell you that it f*****g sucks. I think I'm a bit more qualified than he is when it comes to this topic. Should I walk around with a clipboard and survey everyone who I think is looking at me funny and being rude to me if they are doing so because I am bald? Would that be a better way to guage how close or far off my perception is to reality? Whenever I go out without a hat on I always catch people starring at me, sometimes laughing and pointing at me but never when I have a hat on so you can try all you want to tell me that it is anything other than baldness but to me it is pretty damn obvious.

Galaxy86

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
kadosh said:
[quote="s.a.f":1zxmaas0]Just been looking at a height forum it really is like a parrallel universe of here. You have the deluded guys with their theories (just drink milk ect) and the guys who really dont need to be on there.

how can somebody dont need to be there ? if you are insecure about your height does it really matter how tall you are ?

Amongst the 5'2" and 5'3" guys who were hoping to grow to 5'5", there was one guy who was 6' 1" and still wanting to be a little taller. I'd say he did'nt have a height problem.

Its just like the NW1.5 guys who come on here and describe how bad it is for them to be living with hairloss.

Ps It was depressing to hear about these guys spending an hour a day hanging upside down doing stretching excercises and talking about diet, knowing that they were destined to failure.[/quote:1zxmaas0]
Some are destined to failure, but I do think you can gain 1-2 inches in 1-2 years with the right routine.

Anyway what you said about 6'1 guys is similar to the penis enlargement sites, some men are like 8 inches long and still want more lol.

Galaxy86

Reaction score
Hope4hairRedux said:
Boondock said:

I think the comparison between my dad and grandad really shows just how important lifestyle is. Not that my grandad would want to be going out and getting girls or would be able to, but just that its crazy that he almost looks healthier then my dad who is 20 years younger.
I wonder what our generation will be like.

I feel that soon as technology and medical technolgy evolves at the fastest rate ever, that soon we will be seeing proven treatments to prolong life.
(that is if the goverment let it happen)

We live in interesting times, with unlimited possible futures and paths.

I'm curious to see if we will end up as VERY young looking 80 year olds with nw1 hair haha.

Peace.