Facial Changes From Taking Propecia

Kevand

Established Member
Reaction score
Did u get any other side effects besides the face wasting?

I got increased libido and became much stronger at gym. Few months after I didnt feel right and then brain fog hit me. I took 0,25 mg EOD for like 3 months.

DGARCIA694

My Regimen
Reaction score
hey man,

I've been on finasteride for 2 months and have noticed my under-eye skin becoming blue and hollowed out, my cheekbones are also more defined (not in a good way). I am stopping the drug immediately.

Not saying this will happen to you, and will keep you posted as to whether these changes are reversible.

Kevand

Established Member
Reaction score
hey man,

I've been on finasteride for 2 months and have noticed my under-eye skin becoming blue and hollowed out, my cheekbones are also more defined (not in a good way). I am stopping the drug immediately.

Not saying this will happen to you, and will keep you posted as to whether these changes are reversible.

This is what happend to me! I stopped when my right eye area started to thin and that has recovered my left eye area took the most damage and there is still noticable damage and I think it will take years if it will ever recover. Also got general hollownes over face that seems to be good now. Interesting i've searched for the forum your the first one with similiar sides as mine. I think finasteride caused subcutaneous fat-loss for us.
And if left too long it will be permenant.

Nextjohns

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is what happend to me! I stopped when my right eye area started to thin and that has recovered my left eye area took the most damage and there is still noticable damage and I think it will take years if it will ever recover. Also got general hollownes over face that seems to be good now. Interesting i've searched for the forum your the first one with similiar sides as mine. I think finasteride caused subcutaneous fat-loss for us.

Nope i got this too. Hollowness under eyes, and face having a smooth, waxy texture. - Almost more feminine looking. Ugh terrible!

I am experimenting now with 0.25 twice a week, but not sure that will solve it.

Surprising, I've used RU at high doses (10%) none of this ever happened. It's clear that the skin has DHT in it, and DHT gives us a more masculine look.

DGARCIA694

My Regimen
Reaction score

Hey dude good to know I'm not alone. May I just ask how long you were on the drug for, the dose, your age, and how long it took for you to recover after stopping? Thanks :) hope you're doing well

Kevand

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey dude good to know I'm not alone. May I just ask how long you were on the drug for, the dose, your age, and how long it took for you to recover after stopping? Thanks :) hope you're doing well

I took 0,25 mg EOD for 3 months for about 2 years ago (20 years old). It got better really fast after like 3-5 weeks and then a more slow recovery over the years. Like 30 % recovery ater 4 weeks and then over the years im like 70-80 % back. I ate lot of fat for a period and it seemed to get better. Don't stress it, exercise, sleep well and eat a lot of fat and you will probably get better,

Kevand

Established Member
Reaction score
Nope i got this too. Hollowness under eyes, and face having a smooth, waxy texture. - Almost more feminine looking. Ugh terrible!

Surprising, I've used RU at high doses (10%) none of this ever happened. It's clear that the skin has DHT in it, and DHT gives us a more masculine look.

This side effect profile I wonder what causes this. I also got a waxy, hard and pigmented texture on my facial sides which is completely gone. That area hurted as f***. I tried different dosages orally E3D it got not better. Finasteride is toxic for us, better spend looking for other treatment options.
RU didnt work for you?

Nextjohns

My Regimen
Reaction score
This side effect profile I wonder what causes this. I also got a waxy, hard and pigmented texture on my facial sides which is completely gone. That area hurted as f***. I tried different dosages orally E3D it got not better. Finasteride is toxic for us, better spend looking for other treatment options.
RU didnt work for you?

To heal from this take 50-100mg zinc, eat alot of meat and hit the gym. This should boost your test and fix the face. Essentially, the face is now low in Dht (like the rest of the body.) Dht is important as it adds to the skin's thickness. This is why women age particularly bad, as they lack the androgens we have in abundance. Which is why they get fillers under their eyes. Coicedence? Unfortunately for us though, Dht destroys our hair.

Nonetheless, when you recover try my stack -

Taurine 3g /day
Caffeine 100mg/day
P5p (1 tab)
Cetirizine (1 tab)
Regenpure (1%) twice a week
finasteride 0.25 once every 6 days.
No fap (once a week is accepted)

This will lower prolactin and raise dopamine. It will also keep your dht lower than baseline. And no man, Ru sucks. I used 10-12% of it for months it really did nothing. I do think Seti has some good anti-inflammatory qualities about it though.

Last edited:

DGARCIA694

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did your eyes look like this?

Attachments

• IMG_1805.PNG
    IMG_1805.PNG
    348.6 KB · Views: 1,936

Kevand

Established Member
Reaction score
To heal from this take 50-100mg zinc, eat alot of meat and hit the gym. This should boost your test and fix the face. Essentially, the face is now low in Dht (like the rest of the body.) Dht is important as it adds to the skin's thickness. This is why women age particularly bad, as they lack the androgens we have in abundance. Which is why they get fillers under their eyes. Coicedence? Unfortunately for us though, Dht destroys our hair.

Nonetheless, when you recover try my stack -

Taurine 3g /day
Caffeine 100mg/day
P5p (1 tab)
Cetirizine (1 tab)
Regenpure (1%) twice a week
finasteride 0.25 once every 6 days.
No fap (once a week is accepted)

This will lower prolactin and raise dopamine. It will also keep your dht lower than baseline. And no man, Ru sucks. I used 10-12% of it for months it really did nothing. I do think Seti has some good anti-inflammatory qualities about it though.

Funny thing I have all this at home, except taurine. Never thought of taking finasteride at such long intervals that couldbe an idea, should maybe help with maintain. But too scared to try. It just doesnt effect my skin but my whole body I feel very sick when taking it :(
Too bad RU didnt work for you man.

DGARCIA694

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I experienced fat loss and/or collagen loss in face and probably elsewhere. I got hollow and sunken eyes and vey thin skin that I could drag out in a very unnatural way, very scary. I looked very sick and aged and I thought I would never recover. It has been 1-2 years now and have recovered to maybe 80 % still damage to area under eye. Although this side effects may be due to hormonal disturbance. I believe its a immunoallergic reaction to the substance which is very rare.
I'm not a fan of the drug and don't like the idea of it affecting our hormonal system, but if I was in your position now I would still try it again most people dont have any sides. If you are worried you can try other things first for a couple of months like topical spironolactone alfatradiol herbs etc

hey man does this mean you recovered 80% of your face, but nothing happened under your eye?

DGARCIA694

My Regimen
Reaction score

how are you now mate?

DGARCIA694

My Regimen
Reaction score
I took 0,25 mg EOD for 3 months for about 2 years ago (20 years old). It got better really fast after like 3-5 weeks and then a more slow recovery over the years. Like 30 % recovery ater 4 weeks and then over the years im like 70-80 % back. I ate lot of fat for a period and it seemed to get better. Don't stress it, exercise, sleep well and eat a lot of fat and you will probably get better,
how is the area under your eyes now my friend?

Aqalp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello,
I've Been on Finasteride (1mg every 2nd day) for over a year...I have noticed my face seems slightly more puffy vs before taking the med, but not sure if its hormonal, or diet. Right now I'm debating whether discontinuing the drug.

Kevand

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I've Been on Finasteride (1mg every 2nd day) for over a year...I have noticed my face seems slightly more puffy vs before taking the med, but not sure if its hormonal, or diet. Right now I'm debating whether discontinuing the drug.

Probably due to increase of estrogen this is a common side effect of the drug, nothing permenant nor dangerous

DGARCIA694

My Regimen
Reaction score

How you doing now man?

Amanda Brussels

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was about to use propecia. It's a good thing that I was able to read this thread first. I hope I can read more inputs from the people who have used this product already.

Nextjohns

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was about to use propecia. It's a good thing that I was able to read this thread first. I hope I can read more inputs from the people who have used this product already.

If you're a woman, it won't have much affect sides wise. finasteride effects our faces because of reducing androgens (dht and dhea in particular.) These are what makes male faces masculine or androgenic.

So give it a try on low does spread apart 2-3 days. :)

Nextjohns

My Regimen
Reaction score
How you doing now man?

Good bro. I'm gonna try again but this time using dhea cream under my eyes and cheeks.

It's either that or liposomal finasteride, but I have my doubts that even works without sides. If that fails, we're all screwed. Maybe polichem can save the day. Fingers crossed.