Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bridge is gone and I have had a person tell me that this thread is very over and that what's discussed on here only goes around in circles now and I can't disagree. I see this person often and they seldom post here any longer. I did at least 100 pages of content on here last fall but the carry-over's from the Bridge era said that I was turning this into a tranny thread so I took my content and started my own thread. When people ask me now about the differences, I say that my thread is closer to the old Bridge thread plus with articles and other insights that I have gleaned from being on HRT. When asked to describe this thread, my answer was/is that this now is a banter thread with little or nothing to provide to others. Even some like EK haven't turned up in a while so if you guys aren't posting pics, there's no reason to keep this thread going.

I got an enormous amount of hits and interest both on my thread and on Reddit so there is still great interest in progress pics proving that this really works because many doubt it and think perhaps that Bridge and I have perhaps better hair genes or something else assisting us but I think that it is high-dose E2 plus an AA for some plus oral min. I enjoy banter with you and pls but maybe post daily articles about Bica and AA's or other aspects so third parties have something to gain here. I can describe all aspects of hair loss as a male and now as an MtF but you two, although quite intelligent, don't have that accumulated experience. I try to (Propecia--not propecia, HairLossTalk.com did that) you up Almas and encourage you but eh, you know, it gets old for me too some times when it is always the same thing and sort of akin to whining. Not to mention you over-sell bica as opposed to HRT in general without sources and you reference ghosts from the past on here but unlike me, you only rarely base things on what Bridge did, although you did have one comment like that today.

When my hair loss started again at 48 or whatever, I had a sort of nervous break-down and you might be having that too. But I see a therapist weekly and I take a weak anti-depressant called Wellbutrin. I think all of this is overwhelming for you in a way that it isn't for Pls who seems patiently calm. But if you want your hair to stop falling out, then add some other meds, like either E2 or oral minoxidil to try to turn the tide of inertia. I had decades of inertia to overcome but that is your strength; you still have most of your hair. Look at the comments I linked, there are a couple of people your age mentioning their recoveries vel non. Compare yourself to their anecdotes to see if bica alone could ever be enough. I always doubted it even from the beginning but again, I fully understand placing one's hopes in a potentially miracle med.

Janey

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
20210501_190213.jpg

Spamming this thread as it gets too boring lol.

I currently can see the top of my scalp through my 'hairline' (which is not existant lol)
20210501_190355.jpg

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Blackheads are pores clogged with fat, and acne is inflammation.
We use the same meds for both and they are lamentably, DHT artifacts so some of us can't catch a break, lol, between dermatitis and dandruff and acne and hair loss and excessive body hair growth on all points of the male body. DHT differentiates the sexes in the womb. After that, it is pretty worthless for non-athletes.

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That is likely to work better but I also microneedle and use oral min so it might take providing a positive shock to the hair system to get full benefits. Bridge didn't microneedle but otherwise, he was on the full range of meds including pretty much always an AA plus ten mg of oral min every other day. Not sure why instead of splitting the daily dose but that is what he said while recounting his experiences on here.
Yes agreed. I think oral minoxidil is the only thing that will cause significant regrowth. AAs & Estrogen may cease further progression and even slightly reverse hair loss in younger people but your likely only able to maintain with AAs & Estrogen alone.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
We use the same meds for both and they are lamentably, DHT artifacts so some of us can't catch a break, lol, between dermatitis and dandruff and acne and hair loss and excessive body hair growth on all points of the male body. DHT differentiates the sexes in the womb. After that, it is pretty worthless for non-athletes.
DHT is not important even for athletes, they just need testosterone

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes agreed. I think oral minoxidil is the only thing that will cause significant regrowth. AAs & Estrogen may cease further progression and even slightly reverse hair loss in younger people but your likely only able to maintain with AAs & Estrogen alone.
I have always thought that estrogen is more powerful than minoxidil. Noah wouldn't grow hair like this on Minoxidil

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have always thought that estrogen is more powerful than minoxidil. Noah wouldn't grow hair like this on Minoxidil
I think if you're hair loss is recent and your under 30 then HRT may or may not regrow your hair but oral minoxidil definitely will what ever your age.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is and I can't fully comment because I was already on HRT but oral min seems almost like a different and far better med than topical with manageable sides well worth the seeming benefits for me.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If HRT only stops baldness, then the cycle option will not work. This will be a trap
But for some reason I think that HRT works great and returns 110% of the density and improves the quality of the hair. Although we have bad examples

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think if you're hair loss is recent and your under 30 then HRT may or may not regrow your hair but oral minoxidil definitely will what ever your age.
HRT might still work at the age of 55 after having a bald spot for 36 years:) Oral min seemed to put my HRT growth into a mode that went from substantial and consistent to Vroom! Vroom!

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If HRT only stops baldness, then the cycle option will not work. This will be a trap
But for some reason I think that HRT works great and returns 110% of the density and improves the quality of the hair. Although we have bad examples
Again, I recommend that you politely contact Marky and ask how he does it. He has a full head of almost boy band hair but with a more normal adult male texture and I saw no feminization in him at all. He doesn't disclose pics or personal methods except via private message but he told me when I asked just to PM him.