Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
It turns out that this is similar to the situation with the testicles, which are not affected by Bicalutamide for the same reason: local concentrations of androgens. However, people on Bicalutamide or HRT notice that their scalp is no longer oily, which suggests that androgens are successfully blocked. This can be an indicator of a successful androgenic blockade, because sebum production is regulated by androgens. It is strange that the production of sebum stops, acne too, but the hair continues to fall out. Absurd
Yes, but however, follicles, the area around hair-inducing cells, is not the same as sebaceous glands. But I do think that it is a great indicator for successful androgen blockage on the skin tissue.

And correct, that's the same in the testicles, just that it's naturally like that, but the concentration of androgens in the follicle gets produced by comversion of precursors to powerful androgens for whatever reason.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, but however, follicles, the area around hair-inducing cells, is not the same as sebaceous glands. But I do think that it is a great indicator for successful androgen blockage on the skin tissue.

And correct, that's the same in the testicles, just that it's naturally like that, but the concentration of androgens in the follicle gets produced by comversion of precursors to powerful androgens for whatever reason.
@Almas Please don't worry much, this has not to mean everything for EVERYONE. As Ein said, your genetics have to be completely fucked up for Finasteride + Bicalutamide not to work.

franzliszt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I understand your contention, but why not at least try. Also, apparently franz is not on oral minoxidil? That is definitely worth a shot. And increase the E too.
I tried oral minoxidil, with the other drugs I was on, it was all too much and was giving me liver pains. Minoxidil can also cause premature ageing, something I was noticing in my skin.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Almas Please don't worry much, this has not to mean everything for EVERYONE. As Ein said, your genetics have to be completely fucked up for Finasteride + Bicalutamide not to work.
I know. However, I am not insured not to end up in the same situation. Especially considering that even my mother is going bald. Plus, I'm just upset by the fact that we can't cure everyone. I wanted to help all people overcome this, but in some cases we are powerless. Life is full of sh*t, sometimes it's hard to put up with

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know. However, I am not insured not to end up in the same situation. Especially considering that even my mother is going bald. Plus, I'm just upset by the fact that we can't cure everyone. I wanted to help all people overcome this, but in some cases we are powerless. Life is full of sh*t, sometimes it's hard to put up with
Pray for stem cell research to have a breakthrough, and that we'll get treatment in 10-15 years. We can do so much with blockers and exogenous hormones, battling against genetics is sometimes really hard. But actually USING your genetics is a step forward :) (such as multiplication).

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pray for stem cell research to have a breakthrough, and that we'll get treatment in 10-15 years. We can do so much with blockers and exogenous hormones, battling against genetics is sometimes really hard. But actually USING your genetics is a step forward :) (such as multiplication).
In 15 years I will come to terms with baldness, and my youth will be behind me. I need hair right now. The prices will be huge

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess you could say I've given up (for now) and have gone the hair system route. I'm still taking estrogen, finasteride and progesterone for a multitude of reasone, but I'm sick of my hairline affecting my confidence. It sucks that not even HRT has worked for me, and I'd love to have my own natural hair but after over a year of this still sub par results I caved.
I would copy one of @bridgeburn's protocols because you know that it worked for at least someone. It doesn't make much sense for HRT to work so well for some of us and for others to be getting no results to speak of.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Even at 75mg bica, with my T in the undetectable range I continued to go bald.
Estrogen matters for regrowth but I don't think that T levels being low are enough on their own for regrowth. I continue to believe that non-responders to HRT are not using enough estrogen and oral minoxidil likely works in unison with estrogen to regrow hair.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Estrogen matters for regrowth but I don't think that T levels being low are enough on their own for regrowth. I continue to believe that non-responders to HRT are not using enough estrogen and oral minoxidil likely works in unison with estrogen to regrow hair.
It should at least stop ...

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It should at least stop ...
One would think. Franz's situation puzzles me. A lot of the non-success stories don't make a lot of sense unless we are missing say, some genetic pre-disposition to hair restoration with estrogen which perhaps would have to do with aromatase and T conversion. But it's not just the hair counts as I think most of us thoroughly agree now, that matters. It is rather overall attractiveness and for many us, the ability to grow our hair long.

I feel as though anyone following my protocol or either of the @bridgeburn protocols would be successful but what we are doing is still rare and we just don't have that much participation still except for MtF's and MtF's often wear wigs and take years for hair improvement and these are years that many/most XY's don't have to wait although as mentioned, we would think hairloss would stop as per eunuchs throughout history upon chemical castration. I am still really interested in these different aspects.

One issue that comes up is whether it is either impossible or extremely difficult to regrow hair in the temples. I think that it is doable but that like with children, this is one of the last areas to respond and fill in at around the ages of say six to eight. It's hard to see why HRT could restore hair everywhere else but not in the temples but it might be that the hair stressors on this area are extra hard to overcome.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not saying that I am an expert in chemistry but I sure never thought in 11th grade that I would be using knowledge of molecular weight and structure to assist in battling hair loss. Many of us have learned a fair amount about prostate cancer and different types of RI expression and the prostate/hair connection is difficult because it is clearly related and yet prostate cancer and hair loss do not appear to be especially correlated strongly.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It makes no sense to increase the dosage of Bicalutamide if it is castrated. I do not even know what to say. I don't understand how this is possible ... I want to die
You still only have a few months in and you aren't using oral min so you have to be patient. I tend to view estradiol as essential. DHT destroys and estrogen repairs. Just getting rid of T, without estrogen at least anecdotally, isn't enough once follicles go dormant. I still feel that to a large extent we don't really understand how receptor blocking AA's really work to promote feminization. It seems to spoof higher estrogen but why do we need to do that instead of just using more E2?

So in this sense, I don't think that we know if AA's do anything different from estradiol in terms of helping against hair loss and to promote recovery.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
One would think. Franz's situation puzzles me. A lot of the non-success stories don't make a lot of sense unless we are missing say, some genetic pre-disposition to hair restoration with estrogen which perhaps would have to do with aromatase and T conversion. But it's not just the hair counts as I think most of us thoroughly agree now, that matters. It is rather overall attractiveness and for many us, the ability to grow our hair long.

I feel as though anyone following my protocol or either of the @bridgeburn protocols would be successful but what we are doing is still rare and we just don't have that much participation still except for MtF's and MtF's often wear wigs and take years for hair improvement and these are years that many/most XY's don't have to wait although as mentioned, we would think hairloss would stop as per eunuchs throughout history upon chemical castration. I am still really interested in these different aspects.

One issue that comes up is whether it is either impossible or extremely difficult to regrow hair in the temples. I think that it is doable but that like with children, this is one of the last areas to respond and fill in at around the ages of say six to eight. It's hard to see why HRT could restore hair everywhere else but not in the temples but it might be that the hair stressors on this area are extra hard to overcome.
I think that the frontal region has the worst blood flow, and it is hardest to increase aromatase in this area even at high levels of E. This part of the scalp is primarily subject to fibrosis, so treatment should be started while the follicles are still producing hair. My follicles are alive, I have tiny hairs, this is encouraging

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You still only have a few months in and you aren't using oral min so you have to be patient. I tend to view estradiol as essential. DHT destroys and estrogen repairs. Just getting rid of T, without estrogen at least anecdotally, isn't enough once follicles go dormant. I still feel that to a large extent we don't really understand how receptor blocking AA's really work to promote feminization. It seems to spoof higher estrogen but why do we need to do that instead of just using more E2?

So in this sense, I don't think that we know if AA's do anything different from estradiol in terms of helping against hair loss and to promote recovery.
I want to find a way to stop the progression. Because I'm not capable of growing my hair if I'm not even capable of stopping this sh*t. Moreover, I do not want to sit on HRT for life. Bicalutamide is my hope. It should be equivalent to castration, but as I learned yesterday, even castration does not always stop the Androgenetic Alopecia.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that the frontal region has the worst blood flow, and it is hardest to increase aromatase in this area even at high levels of E. This part of the scalp is primarily subject to fibrosis, so treatment should be started while the follicles are still producing hair. My follicles are alive, I have tiny hairs, this is encouraging
I have been massaging my temples and especially forehead and pushing them gently forward a great deal to loosen them up in case that matters. It might be that males have larger foreheads and slightly larger head sizes and that could have adverse effects on blood flow. One thing that I challenge is the idea that hair in fringe areas is not susceptible to DHT. I think that it is but it is just the flip side of the temples in terms of the scalp being less tight in such areas.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I want to find a way to stop the progression. Because I'm not capable of growing my hair if I'm not even capable of stopping this sh*t. Moreover, I do not want to sit on HRT for life. Bicalutamide is my hope. It should be equivalent to castration, but as I learned yesterday, even castration does not always stop the Androgenetic Alopecia.
HRT for life could mean as little as two estradiol pills per day and certainly 4mg SL should get levels up and not being that big of a life stressor. It won't work for you otherwise because you are compulsive about your hair and you will always be waiting for the next shoe to fall as they say.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
HRT for life could mean as little as two estradiol pills per day and certainly 4mg SL should get levels up and not being that big of a life stressor. It won't work for you otherwise because you are compulsive about your hair and you will always be waiting for the next shoe to fall as they say.
Usually, if Bicalutamide does not help you, estrogen does not help you either. First you need to find a way to stop baldness, and Estrogen is a growth stimulant that will not work if the problem with androgens is not solved. So I really hope I answer Bicalutamide like Maave / DHTcel

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Trying to do some research on P4 and hair regrowth and I get hit after hit saying that what we are trying to do is impossible, including this from a transplant clinic. Garbage in, garbage out:

With transgender hair transplants, another factor in the equation can be male pattern hair loss. Male-to-female transgender clients who begin transitioning at a young age are less likely to experience this type of hair loss, due to the early intervention of hormone therapy. However, if balding has begun at the time of transition, hair restoration treatment will be necessary. Estrogen therapy may prevent further loss, but cannot restore hair that has already been lost.