Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are not considering that:
1) Many people want to keep or slightly thicken their hair, and not grow it out. People need to stop baldness
2) None of the cis guys want to use E all their lives. Therefore, we return to the first point: we need support.

I want to try high doses of estrogen in the future with breast removal surgery, but since I don't want to use this all my life, I need supportive therapy anyway. And Bicalutamide is the best option for support
There are a lot of things that people want but we have very little articulation of outcomes involving sub-adult female cis-gender estrogen levels. I think that Estrogel can be protective perhaps for maintenance more so than restoration but you pays your money and you takes your chances. Now you are considering estradiol when before you were not but you really won't know until your meds kick in significantly and have a chance within a few months to manifest themselves. We know that the @bridgeburn method works but we don't know about what middling levels are likely to work without feedback on here. Still, you have so little hair loss that people aren't going to be impressed by your results via pics and your results are unlikely necessarily to translate for others. There's a limit to where conjecture can lead us and then things will either pan out or not.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are a lot of things that people want but we have very little articulation of outcomes involving sub-adult female cis-gender estrogen levels. I think that Estrogel can be protective perhaps for maintenance more so than restoration but you pays your money and you takes your chances. Now you are considering estradiol when before you were not but you really won't know until your meds kick in significantly and have a chance within a few months to manifest themselves. We know that the @bridgeburn method works but we don't know about what middling levels are likely to work without feedback on here. Still, you have so little hair loss that people aren't going to be impressed by your results via pics and your results are unlikely necessarily to translate for others. There's a limit to where conjecture can lead us and then things will either pan out or not.
Yes, my results will not be as visually impressive anyway, but that will not diminish their relevance to this forum.
I think we need 200-300 pg/ml E.

CrushG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does it make sense to keep axis "alive" while on high doses of estrogen with hCG (250 IU eod for example)?

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does it make sense to keep axis "alive" while on high doses of estrogen with hCG (250 IU eod for example)?
Thats pretty much contraproductive, in my eyes.

You have to stay on E for a long time to crush your production of T for ever. And you have to stay on E as well for a long time to REGROW your hair.

Be careful what you wish for...

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

You have to stay on E for a long time to crush your production of T for ever. And you have to stay on E as well for a long time to REGROW your hair.

This, yes. Side effects seem to precede results for most.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
This, yes. Side effects seem to precede results for most.
Yes. Follicles are a complex organ. Trying to regenerate it takes a long time. Compare it to skin and fat distribution... that changes (*TRANSITIONS*) pretty quickly. But hair...

You will most likely loose your dick before you get any hair results on this route of treatment.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say this; when you notice your body hair falling and thinning out, regrowth of scalp hair is promoted.

Fuchsilein

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are not considering that:
1) Many people want to keep or slightly thicken their hair, and not grow it out. People need to stop baldness
2) None of the cis guys want to use E all their lives. Therefore, we return to the first point: we need support.

I want to try high doses of estrogen in the future with breast removal surgery, but since I don't want to use this all my life, I need supportive therapy anyway. And Bicalutamide is the best option for support
You need support after HRT rather than before your problem is fixed and the solution to your problem is estrogen. After that you can probably maintain with Minoxidil and Finasteride. If you are worried about castration ending up to be permanent, you can cycle HCG. But even without it's more unlikely than likely that castration becomes permanent.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You need support after HRT rather than before your problem is fixed and the solution to your problem is estrogen. After that you can probably maintain with Minoxidil and Finasteride. If you are worried about castration ending up to be permanent, you can cycle HCG. But even without it's more unlikely than likely that castration becomes permanent.
First, I need to find out which scheme stops baldness and will support me. So that after HRT I know what to do and do not get worse
Finasteride and minoxidil? lol

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

I reread Noah's posts and also saw that he was losing muscle mass
My hair isn't bad enough to take this risk. So I will try 2 presses of estrogel. Not sure if this will give anything, but I will try

The amount of aromatase in the back of the head is 3 times higher than in the forehead. Our goal is to increase the aromatase to the same values throughout the head, so that the nape environment is on the top of the head. But it is not known what levels of E are needed to cause such changes
I think 300 pg/ml might be enough

Fuchsilein

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I reread Noah's posts and also saw that he was losing muscle mass
My hair isn't bad enough to take this risk. So I will try 2 presses of estrogel. Not sure if this will give anything, but I will try

The amount of aromatase in the back of the head is 3 times higher than in the forehead. Our goal is to increase the aromatase to the same values throughout the head, so that the nape environment is on the top of the head. But it is not known what levels of E are needed to cause such changes
I think 300 pg/ml might be enough
That is an interesting approach.

But I still think you should focus on regaining your hair as quickly as possible. The longer you keep receding, the more time you will have to commit to estrogen exposure. You should start early to *minimize* unwanted side effects.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That is an interesting approach.

But I still think you should focus on regaining your hair as quickly as possible. The longer you keep receding, the more time you will have to commit to estrogen exposure. You should start early to *minimize* unwanted side effects.
There is a choice, relatively speaking, between low doses of E and long-term hair restoration, or 6mg E, which will restore hair in 3 months. Don't know which option is safer
Also the problem is that we have no idea what levels of E are sufficient. But I start to push off from 300 pg ml, this is the minimum level for MTF

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is a choice, relatively speaking, between low doses of E and long-term hair restoration, or 6mg E, which will restore hair in 3 months. Don't know which option is safer
Also the problem is that we have no idea what levels of E are sufficient. But I start to push off from 300 pg ml, this is the minimum level for MTF
Your thoughts on 1.5mg once daily, Estrogel? Too little?

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought about it too. I do not know what levels of E this will give, probably it is individual. Icarus was able to increase my E to 700 pg / ml by 2 mg E (sublingually, as I understand it)
Most likely, this will not be enough. The problem is that we do not know what levels of E are needed for hair growth, whether it is necessary to suppress T
But if we talk about the initial levels for HRT, we need 300 pg ml. To get these levels, I think you need about 4mg E

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
My gut feeling is that low-dose HRT might work to maintain hair but to actually awaken dormant follicles, you might need to "trick" the body's systems into regarding you as XX. At this point, the body sends the appropriate resources to repair the dormant follicles and "to turn them on" again. There's really no need for males to expend resources which are endogenous on hair restoration. For females, hair is actually essential to children's safety as they grab their mother's tresses for balance and safety before walking.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That could work especially if topical and overall systemic estradiol work synergistically. However, it could be right in the breast development sweet spot for larger breasts. That's what makes this tricky. If you use too little E2, you get lackluster results but just a little more puts a person into prime breast development territory especially if using a blocker, it would seem, although we don't have good data on that but spironolactone might aid breast growth when combined with low-dose E2, not high dose E2. It also depends on your current hair and time frame and whether you are in reproductive mode.

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought about it too. I do not know what levels of E this will give, probably it is individual. Icarus was able to increase my E to 700 pg / ml by 2 mg E (sublingually, as I understand it)
Most likely, this will not be enough. The problem is that we do not know what levels of E are needed for hair growth, whether it is necessary to suppress T
But if we talk about the initial levels for HRT, we need 300 pg ml. To get these levels, I think you need about 4mg E
Hmm, bic with low does E has potential then as bic does increase E also? I’m just thinking out loud here. I can confirm gyno is happening
50mg bic & 1.5 mg E (sore to touch lol)