Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah, this is one thing I teach you! There is, and my derm just ordered it for me from a compounding pharmacy. Remember S5 cream? That was spironolactone in a gel. They discontinued it but..
Weird. From my knowledge, Spironolactone needs to pass the digestive system to become active.

Can anyone elaborate this!?

Androgenic Alpaca

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah, this is one thing I teach you! There is, and my derm just ordered it for me from a compounding pharmacy. Remember S5 cream? That was spironolactone in a gel. They discontinued it but..
There's some debate on this forum about the efficacy of topical spironolactone. Some people here say that it works, however spironolactone is actually a prodrug that gets converted to its active metabolite mainly in the liver. If it's applied topically, it doesn't get processed through the liver.

Topical AR inhibitors are really the future imo. Clastoterone aka breezula is coming out.... well, eventually, and that will be the first available by prescription. RU58841 showed very promising results by blocking ARs very well with very low systemic absorption, however it was never developed into a commercial drug and now it's only available on the internet grey market

2TameDHT

My Regimen
Reaction score
Doing more Reddit research, I discovered that when getting hormone levels checked, DHT should fall in proportion to T. DHT should be about 10% of T. For example: If T is at 15, then DHT should be at 1.5. If it is too high, then that could be a sign that DHT is still being produced elsewhere.

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Крем со спиронолактоном был мошенничеством, спиронолактон должен пройти через печень, иначе он бесполезен.
Yes

zeldazoo22

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend that. You need to use Bica to stop AR signaling. If you dont want to use bica, you need high E doses (8mg) to get T in castrate levels. And even then, AR signaling is not stopped.

For the cis-guys, I wouldn't overcross the Bica/E barrier. Bica is the LAST thing you want to use, to stay a "male" (somewhat).
Thats what I will do. Never touch E, is the man's rule! :)
What about, say, 50mg Bica, and topical E3 every few days? I'm trying to imagine a slow approachj...lol

Androgenic Alpaca

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Numerous studies confirm some degree of efficacy when applied topically, actually.

I do think it is plausible that spironolactone could be effective when applied topically, though very likely not as effective than when it's metabolized through the liver. I'm not well read on all the pharmacology of it or how much of its effect is from spironolactone itself and how much is due to its metabolites

Realize also that spironolactone has other effects besides being an antiandrogen. It's also an anti mineralocorticoid and even send to have some effect as an 5ar inhibitor, both of which may benefit hair growth

Androgenic Alpaca

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has there been any discussion in this thread about microdosing CPA? The goal here would be reducing testosterone and its effects (but not eliminating it). Perhaps this would be very hard to measure the correct dosage if such a therapy is possible

zeldazoo22

My Regimen
Reaction score
Has there been any discussion in this thread about microdosing CPA? The goal here would be reducing testosterone and its effects (but not eliminating it). Perhaps this would be very hard to measure the correct dosage if such a therapy is possible
I wouldn't be surprised that with a little trial and error, that could help. My T is high from finasteride use, which as further aggravated my hair loss, and possibly upregulated the receptors. All conjecture of course, but thats what I'm guessing. So, a little CPA could do the trick. I get scared stacking too many drugs though. Already on oral min and finasteride which are failing me. Debating on topical E, spironolactone and bica at the moment. Maybe a combo.

zeldazoo22

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you stop bica you can just waxx off your follicles and say good bye, cause they are then GONE for GOOD lmao
AH! Is this true for dutasteride as well? May explain why I lost a sh*t ton after starting for 3 weeks and then stopping. Was on finasteride the whole time though and still am.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
When switching to 75mg, my chest began to ache a little. But I'm still not sure if I will have gynecomastia. I seem to be genetically resistant to her emergence

UPD: Although Ein's gynecomastia appeared a few months later, so I still have ...

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
My newest idea is possibly fluridil for the light AA, and then cycling topical E lightly, and MAYBE topical spironolactone.
You want to use a lot of useless drugs. Better to use one, but effective. This is Bicalutamide

I don't like it when people use many drugs, none of which are effective. Fluridil, RU, CB, castor oil, topical creams, dermarolling and other nonsense. At best, it works as an aid. People with baldness have little time to experiment, but you waste time on these pacifiers.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
When switching to 75mg, my chest began to ache a little. But I'm still not sure if I will have gynecomastia. I seem to be genetically resistant to her emergence

UPD: Although Ein's gynecomastia appeared a few months later, so I still have ...
Gyno should show after a few weeks. Like little difference in chest area. Ein cycled Tamoxifen etc ar the beginning but then dropped the SERMs for a reason.