Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

2TameDHT

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just started experiencing some worrying side effects of oral minoxidil.
Namely swelling in my ankles/feet, as well as a persistent feeling of nausea.
And, I think, an increase in heart rate.
Fortunately, the swelling has gone down, but the nausea remains as well as the (possible) heart rate increase.

These side effects really make me worried about HRT meds, namely AA and their far more serious side effects.

2TameDHT

My Regimen
Reaction score
better get a better educated doctor :p

Salt and water retention: Minoxidil can cause salt and water retention. This can lead to congestive heart failure. To avoid this, your doctor should prescribe a diuretic (water pill) for you to take with minoxidil.
I've been taking it for a little less than two weeks.
Is that enough time to cause serious or permanent damage?

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
at the moment there are only 2 drugs that block DHEA. dexametasone & spironolactone. DHEA is very stable like DHT.
Doesn't bicalutamide block androgens produced locally via DHEA? Bica occupies a receptor, what's the difference where the hormone came from if the receptor is busy
It is also used in women to treat PCOS, treat hirsutism
@Ticken

Last edited:

Nimos0651

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone About four months on HRT, I thought for a long time but still decided to try this mode for hair growth. I take 4 mg of estradiol valerate sublingually, there is a suspicion that this gives me high levels of estrone, so I'm going to switch to estradiol hemihydrate, also sublingually. Of the drugs available to me, I have FEMOSTON, this drug contains 14 tablets of 2 mg of estradiol and 14 tablets of 2 mg of estradiol/10 mg of didrogesterone. If anyone has experience using this combination drug, write how best to take it? Or is it better to throw out didrogesterone and take pure estradiol hemihydrate? From what I learned: Didrogesterone has a molecular structure similar to that of natural progesterone, but with significantly more pronounced bioavailability compared to progesterone. Didrogesterone differs from other progestogens in that it does not show affinity for androgen, estrogenic receptors, respectively, it does not show estrogenic, androgenic activity. I write through a translator.
any noticeable hair growth yet at the 4 month mark?

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Doesn't bicalutamide block androgens produced locally via DHEA? Bica occupies a receptor, what's the difference where the hormone came from if the receptor is busy
It is also used in women to treat PCOS, treat hirsutism
@Ticken
Can someone back this up!? I am seriously interested into his one.

Androgenic Alpaca

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I just started experiencing some worrying side effects of oral minoxidil.
Namely swelling in my ankles/feet, as well as a persistent feeling of nausea.
And, I think, an increase in heart rate.
Fortunately, the swelling has gone down, but the nausea remains as well as the (possible) heart rate increase.

These side effects really make me worried about HRT meds, namely AA and their far more serious side effects.
What dosage of oral minoxidil have you been taking?

People on this forum have advocated for absolutely idiotic doses, I've seen people saying that they take 30mg here.

Oral minoxidil for hair loss is only ever prescribed in low doses (where it is prescribed, such as Australia) of 1 or 2 mg because high doses will have substantial cardiovascular effects

Hair We Go Go

My Regimen
Reaction score
I took oral min for 8 months last year. I got the swollen ankles and increased heart rate (+10 Beats a min resting)
This was taking 10mg a day. I reduced to 5mg and the symptoms went away. The only effect that I still have (after stopping) is the increased body hair, but this is thinning again now.
minoxidil is the only thing that's given me a side effect. AAs and E nothing... (Well gyno - but I wanted that)

2TameDHT

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had been using liquid minoxidil orally.
I was using between 3-5 drops a day.
I am feeling better, swelling has gone down significantly.
Been drinking lots of water and moving about, avoiding salt.

Androgenic Alpaca

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had been using liquid minoxidil orally.
I was using between 3-5 drops a day.
I am feeling better, swelling has gone down significantly.
Been drinking lots of water and moving about, avoiding salt.
I also highly recommend not taking OTC liquid minoxidil solution orally without dilution. Not because you might think, but because it's almost impossible to control dosage and take a safe low dose. Standard rogaine/generic is 5% which means that 1 ml contains 50mg of dissolved minoxidil. How many ml were in each of those drops? It's impossible to really know how much minoxidil you were taking but it could have been 30+ mg which is in dangerous levels.

If you want too continue taking OTC minoxidil solution orally, you should heavily dilute it. Mixing 1ml of otc solution with 19 ml of vodka or grain alcohol will give 2.5mg minoxidil in 1 ml of diluted solution. This is about the minimum dilution level I would recommend. You could even dilute it more to give greater granularity in measurement since it's much easier to measure milliliters with home equipment than it is to measure microliters

Androgenic Alpaca

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, if taken in the proper safe amounts, hrt drugs would likely not cause as severe side effects as you experienced (possibly except for spironolactone). You were around taking double the dosage given to patients with severe cardiovascular problems. Minoxidil is first and foremost a medicine for cardiovascular issues, the hair growth is just a lucky side effect.

Get my hair back

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
any noticeable hair growth yet at the 4 month mark?
Yes. Significant hair growth on the top of the head. The front line is overgrown worse. Yesterday I passed tests for hormones so that I could adjust them.
My tenkushchy mode:
ciproterone 25mg + estradiol 4mg + 2mg estriol buccally throughout the day.
Minoxidil orally 5mg + retinol
spironolactone 100mg
Progesterone 100mg three times a week. On the remaining days, 0.5 mg of dutasteride.
I also take collagen, hyaluronic acid, and silicon to maintain my skin.

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Да. Значительный рост волос на макушке. Передняя линия зарастает хуже. Вчера сдала анализы на гормоны, чтобы их скорректировать.
Мой тенкующий режим:
ципротерон 25 мг + эстрадиол 4 мг + 2 мг эстриола трансбуккально в течение дня.
Миноксидил перорально 5 мг + ретинол
спиронолактон 100 мг
Прогестерон по 100 мг 3 раза в неделю. В остальные дни по 0,5 мг дутастерида.
Я также принимаю коллаген, гиалуроновую кислоту и кремний для ухода за кожей.
Зачем так много всего?????достаточно одного спиронолактона+эстрадиол и он вернет вам волосы.Вы не знаете причину облысения а используете так много всего что возможно влияет больше отрицательно чем положительно.Я все свои волосы вернул на спиро+эстрадиол.Ведь только спиро поднимает гспг печени

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Да. Значительный рост волос на макушке. Передняя линия зарастает хуже. Вчера сдала анализы на гормоны, чтобы их скорректировать.
Мой тенкующий режим:
ципротерон 25 мг + эстрадиол 4 мг + 2 мг эстриола трансбуккально в течение дня.
Миноксидил перорально 5 мг + ретинол
спиронолактон 100 мг
Прогестерон по 100 мг 3 раза в неделю. В остальные дни по 0,5 мг дутастерида.
Я также принимаю коллаген, гиалуроновую кислоту и кремний для ухода за кожей.
Не стоит наворачивать так много всего если вы не знаете причину андрогенной алопеции

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Зачем так много всего?????достаточно одного спиронолактона+эстрадиол и он вернет вам волосы.Вы не знаете причину облысения а используете так много всего что возможно влияет больше отрицательно чем положительно.Я все свои волосы вернул на спиро+эстрадиол.Ведь только спиро поднимает гспг печени
You mean liver SHBG? Why aren't you writing in english?

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Не стоит наворачивать так много всего если вы не знаете причину андрогенной алопеции
So, do YOU know the cause of A.G.A.?