Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder if I can make them grow terminal hair again... don't know how.

Thats the temple and hairline area. I just noticed that my hairline receded over 2-3cms in the last few (6) years. And temples moved from NW0 to NW2.

It's fibrotic skin now I guess... someone has an idea!?
I write about this all of the time. It's similar to transplant grafts that don't take. Micro-needling can restore that skin and the body "knows" to start hair growth in such novel skin tissue. When I started with DR, literally every single time the grafts would scab over and get smaller and less prominent. I loved combing the dandruff-looking scabs off because it meant that my scalp was healing. Micro-needling, together with tretinoin and estrogel is the ne plus ultra of restorative treatments. Estrogen plus microneedling is Goddess-sent.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry, what do you mean by this!?
So say there's a mass of scar tissue on somebody's scalp. Hair doesn't grow in scar tissue. But microneedling can heal scar tissue leaving perfect pristine skin tissue with the newfound ability to grow hair. Skin tissue "talks" among itself.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
So say there's a mass of scar tissue on somebody's scalp. Hair doesn't grow in scar tissue. But microneedling can heal scar tissue leaving perfect pristine skin tissue with the newfound ability to grow hair. Skin tissue "talks" among itself.
Which depth would you recommend?

Whats the next step in your eyes to turn all those vellus hairs into terminal ones!?

2TameDHT

My Regimen
Reaction score
I first noticed something was up with my hair during the summer, noticing a lack of density in my hair after I picked it out with an afro pick and detangling comb. (I'm African American.) Before this point, I had kept my hair in cornrows regularly for over five years, and whenever I had them taken out, my hair would poof out into a large, thick afro type style. An afro is actually a somewhat specific hairstyle that is a lot neater and rounded out than my hair was in it's natural, combed out state. But the "wildness" of it was part of my aesthetic during my 20's.

At first, me and my siblings figured it was traction alopecia, so I stopped getting my hair cornrowed for several months and used Jamaican Black Castor Oil to repair any damage, as well as daily moisturizing and weekly deep conditioning. These methods are used by Black people to heal traction alopecia and they are very effective at that.

But from September to January, I noticed significant thinning in my crown, as well as the top front portion of my head behind my hairline. Strangely enough, my hairline doesn't appear to have receded yet, at least not in a cosmetically significant way. I'm not sure how the thinning was able to progress to such a degree without me or my siblings noticing, since they helped me take care of my hair and braided it into a less tension causing style. I think it may have been concealed by my hair's long length until it became bad enough to be noticeable. And my father told me that his hair began thinning when he was about my age (32), before going bald. So, perhaps the lack of density I noticed last summer was my hair just starting to noticeably miniaturize.

My hair loss has been particularly distressing since I am non-binary/androgynous, one of the main reasons why I grew my hair out was as a way to affirm my identity in a way that would not raise questions. So, the possibility of losing my hair is causing a great deal of dysphoria, especially just when I was at a point where I felt I could start to fully embrace my identity.

I started taking Finasteride in late January as a way to, hopefully, preserve as many follicles as I can while I figure out what to do, long term. I am considering HRT not just as a means of keeping my hair and bringing back density, as well as fostering growth, but I am also considering HRT as a possible way to affirm my identity. Right now, I am simply in the plotting stage, and likely won't see a doctor about HRT until the Fall. Reading through the thread, I don't see many downsides to the hormonal route other than the possibility that it may not work for me. I have yet to see another person of African descent try the HRT route, or even consider it. So, I have no idea how afro textured hair would respond to it.

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
Я никогда этого не приму. Никогда.

Если лечение не сработает, я попробую систему для волос или навсегда воспользуюсь шапочкой.
Ahaha I wonder how long you will last?!to hide your flaw.Sooner or later you will get tired of it and you will decide to do it,

Attachments

• 20C10C25-1B7D-4577-8220-982499519489.jpeg
    20C10C25-1B7D-4577-8220-982499519489.jpeg
    9.5 KB · Views: 158

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
How's your Bicalutamide experience going on?

Any idea how can I turn those vellus/miniaturized hairs into terminals again!?
Don't expect news earlier than summer. I am using too low a dose for quick results
Bicalutamide at the right dose can make miniature hair terminal. It will do 100mg, but I don't know if 50mg will do it. 75mg also questionable
We will see what effect my current dose has on me and draw conclusions from it

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't expect news earlier than summer. I am using too low a dose for quick results
Bicalutamide at the right dose can make miniature hair terminal. It will do 100mg, but I don't know if 50mg will do it. 75mg also questionable
We will see what effect my current dose has on me and draw conclusions from it
I will probably take 100mg for life lol.

And I need to get rid of radicals and oxidative stress, as well as adrenal androgens.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
"bical is EXTREMELY legit, as in you will never lose another hair plus gain a norwood or two back

BUT

gyno sides are practically inevitable with the doses required which is why you will need to take a hair safe ai like ralox"

Just from a random forum xD