Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

tato123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you will need even more bica. Bica monotherapy needs high doses because we do not use a natural T antagonist, E, to surpress T levels, so we can use a lower dosage. My guess is that the dose should be about 75-100mg.
It is difficult to affirm the dosage that way but in clinical medicine we titrate with low dosages and then it increases, so I say what I say, but you can be sure, but I prefer to hold it slowly, but who will decide this is @Almas :D

Almas means souls in my language

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
75mg-100 can certainly be stronger and more effective, there will be more circulating bicalutamide, but 50mg may be enough
Very true! We should just adjust our dosage to our T levels. I will do bloodwork in 2 weeks and visit the Doctor again in 2 months. Till then I will prepare an article for Bicalutamide, what it does and why it is effective for male pattern baldness, for my doctor.

Almas

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
but 50mg may be enough
I decided to do some research and start with a small dose. If it helps me, and my T test shows it to be high, it would contradict DHTcel's calculations and the claim that you need to block all T.
Moreover, it should be borne in mind that even Dutasteride reduces DHT in the scalp by only 50-55%, and not 99%, as is often believed. Therefore, everything is not as easy as it seems

tato123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Metformin, if I'm not mistaken, drops some of your testosterone levels too, not much, if in 3 months you will be with giant T and E2 doses, maybe we will talk about another approach, but for now I think you are on the best path, now need wait the time

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I decided to do some research and start with a small dose. If it helps me, and my T test shows it to be high, it would contradict DHTcel's calculations and the claim that you need to block all T.
Moreover, it should be borne in mind that even Dutasteride reduces DHT in the scalp by only 50-55%, and not 99%, as is often believed. Therefore, everything is not as easy as it seems
Very true! Nice post! And because of the rest DHT, we need to fully block androgens from AR signaling.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No chance there's only one endocrinologist in the entire country whose dealing with MTF HRT, and he will not prescribe anything unless you can pass as a girl and live as one for years. 25 mg is sufficient with my dose of e2.
I was turned down twice for HRT with an endo since I wouldn't sign an SRS contract in 2016 and 2017. Only after Jenner and the non-binary movement did things change.... Now the U.S. leads the world in making these medications available and complete covered along with SRS, BA, thyroid surgery and vocal cord shortening. Things changed literally overnight.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Our onliest article on Bica for feminization says that it is great for boobs! Hooray! And Particularly This is True for the Very Young, Under 25!

100% of patients experienced breast development while on bicalutamide alone

The potent androgen receptor blocker bicalutamide represents a potential alternative approach to GnRHas in natal males. Other antiandrogens used in transgender females include spironolactone and cyproterone acetate. However, both are far less potent than bicalutamide and their use has primarily been limited to adults [1,3]. In contrast, bicalutamide has been used in the treatment of familial male precocious puberty and other forms of peripheral precocious puberty in young boys [46]. One of the most common side effects of bicalutamide is breast development due to an alteration in the ratio of androgens to estrogens. Our experience with the use of bicalutamide in precocious puberty formed the basis for the use of this medication in male-to-female (MTF) patients with GD as a strategy for blocking puberty when GnRHas are denied. Interestingly, the resulting “side effect” of breast development has been welcomed by these patients, all of whom are eager to receive cross-hormone treatment (in this case, estrogen) and to undergo feminizing changes. We are not aware of any previous reports of utilizing bicalutamide as a way to block puberty and promote feminization in the transgender MTF population.

Anecdotally, all patients were extremely positive regarding the breast development they experienced on bicalutamide therapy.

Last edited: