Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

tato123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@tato123 Bicalutamide monotherapy (no LHRH agonist) does not alter high IGF-1 levels. When used with Tamoxifen it actually decreases IGF-1 by affecting the IGF-1 axis.

When using LHRH+Bicalutamide, Insulin resistance can occur due to high IGF-1 levels and thus lead to diabetes.

But we don't use LHRH agonists, nor do we castrate ourselves.
This is physiology my friend, it has nothing to do with the medication, high levels of testosterone resulted in high levels of IGF-1, perhaps bicalutamide does not stimulate even more, but I am talking about human physiology

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Its good using this treatment:

100mg Bicalutamide
0,5mg Dutasteride/1,25mg Finasteride
1000mg Metformine

And maybe...

60-80mg Raloxifene.

I still try to figure out if Raloxifene hurts the hair, as it affects estrogens.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
This is physiology my friend, it has nothing to do with the medication, high levels of testosterone resulted in high levels of IGF-1, perhaps bicalutamide does not stimulate even more, but I am talking about human physiology
Oh, ok, sorry then. But yes, we still can't say that Bicalutamide can be taken without any issues, yes.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm basically quitting bica, but only because i'm living like a homeless. I spend all my money on suplements and hrt. My current dose for the past month is 25mg which is barely worth mentioning
Lol, that sucks. Here you get bica on prescription for 9€ a month... xD

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/7486812/

No worry bro , I like to talk to you, you have an education
Oh wow thank you for your nice words... :)

Interesting study, what do you think of cycling on and off Cypro 6mg to prevent spiking T? Or how can we deal against spiking T while on Bica!? I mean, we actually need the spiking T, so it can aromatize, but what if the excess T is unhealthy!? As in IGF-1 spikes, as you said...

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's 36€ here but i can only order one at a time because if the package cast more than 50€ it will get confiscated at the border
Oh no, why dont you go to a Doctor? Thats too expensive. I wouldnt bother with taking Bica with such a price and such low doses. Bica should be taken at 75-100mg.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Everyone should use Bicalutamide.

Just kidding of course...
I almost used it last summer. Let's not confuse things. For many, it might be a Goddess-sent treatment as some/many MtF's struggle to reach targets. I had noticed that bica appeared to be getting to be a thing in hair loss circles without much support in the accompanying literature as to why it might be superior to spironolactone and CPA.

Note that the majority of hype surrounding bica is not that it is better or safer than MPA, CPA(although bica is safer than CPA and I don't deny that CPA is the worst both long and short-term) or spironolactone. Having said that, many, many folks find CPA to work better for feminization and hair loss than bica, with the same being true for spironolactone. MPA is generally used for theoretical breast completion in MtF's and is less used now for strictly it's AA purposes and at much lower doses relatively. Both MPA and CPA are used for treatment of sexual offenders without ESTROGEN in large doses akin to some of the relative amounts touted on here and they can easily drop T levels by 80 to 95 percent by themselves, shutting off all or most, sexual ideation. So I will try to see if the sex offender literature has any mention of substantial feminization related to massive CPA and MPA dosages to curb "illegal" instincts but I haven't noticed any mention of this in the past.

My belief is that estrogen is not used in these circumstances, potentially for the same reason that folks don't like it on here because somehow estrogen is seen as "less male" than high dosaging of synthetic AA's which tend to be structurally unlike estrogen and more so akin to progesterone analogues and androgens regardless of the effects being substantially the same. Males can't take it psychologically to use estrogen so I propose calling estradiol or its more pertinent metabolites a pro-drug version of T in chemical structure.

The main benefit of bica has nothing to do with the other AA's; it's rather that it is substantially safer and perhaps more effective than flutamide which very few doctors will even prescribe in the U.S. This is one thing holding bica back for sure along with the cost which is maybe $600 a year but I spent three times that on Estrogel so, everything is relative. Except for Estrogel and patches, the other HRT meds tend to be unbranded and even Premarin is dirty-cheap. I also note that in the short-run, we still don't know if bio-identical works better than Premarin for feminization. It might very well not and using Premarin during three years of transition is not akin to using it forever.

Last edited:

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh no, why dont you go to a Doctor? Thats too expensive. I wouldnt bother with taking Bica with such a price and such low doses. Bica should be taken at 75-100mg.
No chance there's only one endocrinologist in the entire country whose dealing with MTF HRT, and he will not prescribe anything unless you can pass as a girl and live as one for years. 25 mg is sufficient with my dose of e2.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I almost used it last summer. Let's not confuse things. For many, it might be a Goddess-sent treatment as some/many MtF's struggle to reach targets. I had noticed that bica appeared to be getting to be a thing in hair loss circles without much support in the accompanying literature as to why it might be superior to spironolactone and CPA.

Note that the majority of hype surrounding bica is not that it is better or safer than MPA, CPA(although bica is safer than CPA and I don't deny that CPA is the worst both long and short-term) or spironolactone. Having said that, many, many folks find CPA to work better for feminization and hair loss than bica, with the same being true for spironolactone. MPA is generally used for theoretical breast completion in MtF's and is less used now for strictly it's AA purposes and at much lower doses relatively. Both MPA and CPA are used for treatment of sexual offenders without ESTROGEN in large doses akin to some of the relative amounts touted on here and they can easily drop T levels by 80 to 95 percent by themselves, shutting off all or most, sexual ideation.

The main benefit of bica has nothing to do with the other AA's; it's rather that it is substantially safer and perhaps more effective than flutamide which very few doctors will even prescribe in the U.S. This is one thing holding bica back for sure along with the cost which is maybe $600 a year but I spent three times that on Estrogel so, everything is relative. Except for Estrogel and patches, the other HRT meds tend to be unbranded and even Premarin is dirty-cheap. I also note that in the short-run, we still don't know if bio-identical works better than Premarin for feminization. It might very well not and using Premarin during three years of transition is not akin to using it forever.
The thing why Bica is such a useful treatment for non binaries and hair loss sufferers is, that it doesn't decrease androgens. It actually increases all sex hormones and can give you most-likely an estrogenic profile, while keeping "man-function". Because of that it's as well safe when talking about bone density, muscles, brain function etc. I even think that Finasteride is worse than Bica because finasteride deplets neurotransmitters, not talking about Dutasteride.

I still try to find if Bicalutamide has an effect on the GABA receptor, some experience problems with sleeping etc. Can someone asure this?

@Almas ?

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
No chance there's only one endocrinologist in the entire country whose dealing with MTF HRT, and he will not prescribe anything unless you can pass as a girl and live as one for years. 25 mg is sufficient with my dose of e2.
How much E2 do you take? I forgot you take E2, sorry.