Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where do you all buy your estrogel? Sounds interesting for me cause my scalp and forehead are my biggest problem areas. Scalp obv cause of hair and my forehead has terrible skin
Amazon4health.com. Only outfit that takes credit cards and they use DHL for shipping within 10 days; none of this waiting six weeks to arrive.Buy ten and save 5 percent.

Last edited:

Guru0007

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, it “feels” like bruising behind my nipple and a little above in the chest. I can sort of see like what looks like a little fat around the nipple too. It’s odd. Still early so if it would stay this way I’d be good.

Where’d you get your pills? My scalp still feels Inflamed and I have no oil reduction on 100mg it’s early, I’m riding it out a little longer if I can. I do feel like sh*t on spironolactone though so I’m pretty sure I’m not imaging any of these sides.
Dude how is ur hair now? Ur regime?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks<3. Ordered some estrogel and also tretinoin incase I ever start minoxidil.
Also since you know alot about MTF regimes and hair regrowth with it, most people here are on sublingual e for hair regrowth and doesn't seem like anyone is on injections. I'm currently on 6mg e+ 50mg bica but am looking to switch to injections in a couple of months. Is injections worse for hair regrowth compared to sublingual estradiol?
Injections should be fine. You have to manage your trough, while patches are steady state but a lot of the cool MtF's are doing injections. They are cheap and work great. Your current dosages should be hitting targets already, though. I hope that you will post so we can follow your progress. I have noticed that many of the hair recoveries on transtion timelines mention using injections as a method but basically all the different ingestion methods work equally well.

Last edited:

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My levels are probably good right now (I hope cause I'm not getting them checked, no private labs + my GP won't since im DIYing) but as you said injections work good and are cheap. FFS is gonna cost me 30k+ and hair removal a couple thousand as well so the money I save by switching to injections would be useful.
Just out of curiosity, losing your hair was the wake up call you needed to start transitioning?

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
My levels are probably good right now (I hope cause I'm not getting them checked, no private labs + my GP won't since im DIYing) but as you said injections work good and are cheap. FFS is gonna cost me 30k+ and hair removal a couple thousand as well so the money I save by switching to injections would be useful.
You know your needs but there are cheaper alternatives perhaps to FFS. I think there are methods that act akin to a mold which sort of forces a face to feminize provided the facial features haven't diverged too much. Facial feminization is in some ways similar to hair restoration in that it might happen more so after adult female target levels are met. The strange thing in my experience was that I feminized below the neck on such small amounts of Premarin. Beard removal might help with FF also by removing follicles inclined to synthesis DHT and their removal might also qualify as a type of hormonal treatment but I don't think there are any studies. I am not sure where you are or what you beard situation is but it might cost you more than that. I have had laser and electrolysis but now oral minoxidil has an inclination to promote non-scalp hair so I am getting my face laser-ed again for six more rounds.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, losing your hair wast the wake up call you needed to start transitioning?
How about you? I don't really know the answer about myself. The notion of only being in it for the hair was strong but I also got caught up in the experience. People talk about how you can't go back after SRS. I notice my hair on the sides and back are looking very similar to yours in terms of slight wave. I should have figured out what breast size was impossible to hide, meaning maybe B. But they are too large to hide now and they are also, well, they move about a lot. Wearing a bra just makes them look bigger still so, similar to the de-transitioning post-SRS gals, I bear the initia of where I have been.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The opposite sadly.. I wanted to transition years ago but I was already heavily balding at 18 and wasn't aware that HRT would/could regrow my hair. I feel like it's too late for me now (blah blah its never too late etc..) as I masculinized alot these last few years but I figured I'd try anyway
I started 2.5 years ago formal HRT at 54.

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The opposite sadly.. I wanted to transition years ago but I was already heavily balding at 18 and wasn't aware that HRT would/could regrow my hair. I feel like it's too late for me now (blah blah its never too late etc..) as I masculinized alot these last few years but I figured I'd try anyway
Well, hope you succeed in your journey. It's not an easy one

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, hope you succeed in your journey. It's not an easy one
Yeah but it's worthwhile and fulfilling. I mean, how many people do this? Become another person or take a do-over at mid-life. It's just hard getting people to understand because it is the dual personality aspect that is difficult for me. Rather than have a dead name, I love both of my alter-egos pretty much equally and they of course blend much of the time, like who is writing this Jane or the increasingly androgynous person.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry if that sounded rude/whiny. I'm just really upset at myself for not starting earlier... I thought you were younger, look good for your age, bless estrogen

Thank you, you too.
I just need my hair to thicken up but since I don't want to use minoxidil (no topical cause I already have terrible dark bags under eyes and I don't want to make them worse, no oral cause I reaaaaaaally don't want any more body hair) I feel like it's unlikely for full recovery. Even more so since the last few months there has been almost no change
I still look better in my wig as a female and I love it and I loved wearing it. There's no stigma in looking good and even cis-gals have hair issues in their fifties. I didn't see that as whining. It's a very common emotion for people who end up liking this or who have identified differently from childhood to regret the missed years but as you said, estrogen rejuvenates so in a sense, much less of that time has been lost. My gender and my hair are all wrapped up together and it's hard to disentangle that. If you could have a full head of hair Jane but you had to be male, would you take it. "Yes!". If you could have a full head of hair Jane but you had to be female, would you take it, "Yes!". Well, of those two options, only one offered hair.

With so many non-binary folks now, MtF can be nothing more than a directional marker which helps us find others similarly situated. So @bridgeburn was an MtF in that sense and so is any other XY going in that direction.

Last edited:

Ephemeral-Kitten

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I still look better in my wig as a female and I love it and I loved wearing it. There's no stigma in looking good and even cis-gals have hair issues in their fifties. I didn't see that as whining. It's a very common emotion for people who end up liking this or who have identified differently from childhood to regret the missed years but as you said, estrogen rejuvenates so in a sense, much less of that time has been lost. My gender and my hair are all wrapped up together and it's hard to disentangle that. If you could have a full head of hair Jane but you had to be male, would you take it. "Yes!". If you could have a full head of hair Jane but you had to be female, would you take it, "Yes!". Well, of those two options, only one offered hair.

With so many non-binary folks now, MtF can be nothing more than a directional marker which helps us find others similarly situated. So @bridgeburn was an MtF in that sense and so is any other XY going in that direction.
The main concern with uninterrupted puberty and post puberty is that of facial bone structure. The epiphyseal growth plates of the facial bones don't fuse until around age 24. And then if those bones expand facial feminization surgery becomes indicated. For example, a philtrum above 15 mm calls for liplift or even leforte 1 osteotomy (if liplift causes significant appearance of the gums), as the ideal female philtrum length is 11-13 mm; or about the size of the diameter of your iris, for reference.

Bone corruption is among the worst effects of testosterone. Like HGH, it can cause a sort of pseduo-acromegaly with a larger brow and expanded facial planes in the mid face and lower third. Some of which is operable, but it depends on nerve placement, such as the infra alveolar and mental nerves in the jawline. T genioplasty and v-line jaw surgery can be highly effective, but the nerves can't be too low.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The main concern with uninterrupted puberty and post puberty is that of facial bone structure. The epiphyseal growth plates of the facial bones don't fuse until around age 24. And then if those bones expand facial feminization surgery becomes indicated. For example, a philtrum above 15 mm calls for liplift or even leforte 1 osteotomy (if liplift causes significant appearance of the gums), as the ideal female philtrum length is 11-13 mm; or about the size of the diameter of your iris, for reference.

Bone corruption is among the worst effects of testosterone. Like HGH, it can cause a sort of pseduo-acromegaly with a larger brow and expanded facial planes in the mid face and lower third. Some of which is operable, but it depends on nerve placement, such as the infra alveolar and mental nerves in the jawline. T genioplasty and v-line jaw surgery can be highly effective, but the nerves can't be too low.
Thanks. That is very important information because often gals struggle with whether they are still growing and I usually think vertical growth or in terms of hip fusion. In this context, it also puzzles me related to questions of re-masculinization after castration or in situations with very little T and DHT. Can the face grow after 24? If not, then re-masculinization must be akin to reversal of fat changes in the face. Both among MtF's and among XY's who are experiencing lack-luster hair results under HRT, I continue to look for the science to make sense of certain incongruities.

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. That is very important information because often gals struggle with whether they are still growing and I usually think vertical growth or in terms of hip fusion. In this context, it also puzzles me related to questions of re-masculinization after castration or in situations with very little T and DHT. Can the face grow after 24? If not, then re-masculinization must be akin to reversal of fat changes in the face. Both among MtF's and among XY's who are experiencing lack-luster hair results under HRT, I continue to look for the science to make sense of certain incongruities.
Some facial features change/grow until the day one dies.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Some facial features change/grow until the day one dies.
Ears? Nose? Do the features keep moving together and feminizing? Rob seemed to wonder if even bone structure is slightly affected although a recent article on transfeminine science says no.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Speaking of which Minoxidil use has been implicated as an etiology in pseudoacromegaly.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

That's far more related to high GH and IGF-1 than anything else.

In fact what you're describing is explicitly acromegaly and not mediated by testosterone.