Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve met bridgeburn, he told me he doesn’t identify as transgender.
This individual knows whereof they speak from earlier in the thread. I still refer to @bridgeburn as "he, him, his" because that was how he referred to himself. He did become either progressively less hung up about appearing/being transgender which gave me an extra feeling of interest in his hair journey and as to how, he put himself out there because he answered all of the nightmare questions from cis-folks related to the loss of sexual prowess, breast growth and diminution of genital size, which pretty much only happens if you let it happen and then can be remedied fairly successfully but the transgender motto is always: YMMV, which goes to people trying meds for hair loss as well, especially AA's.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you go back that far you must remember the Helsinki Formula. I remember seeing this on TV, home shopping network I think, way before I was even interested in the topic as a kid. I remember how in the before and after pics they would have the before pic with greased or wetted down hair, then the after pic with dry hair and different lighting. I guess that's how they did it before Photoshop came out. And it looks like Helsinki Formula is still sold today, must work to some extent for some people?
I have written earlier today about New Generation, a polysorbate 60, and about the Helsinki Formula, a polysorbate 80, and have been giving them praise as the remedy that I used from 20 years of age until the age of 24, exclusively, until 1988 when Rogaine came out. Rogaine was much pricier at the time and hard to find without a prescription but since I was living in Brazil, I found it down there sold out of some ramshackle vendor.

I believe that polysorbates might benefit many looking for organic or natural solutions although I guess they are still man-made. The reason that they went out of popularity was minoxidil and then Dr. Lee's version, which had presumably inactive spironolactone in it since spironolactone doesn't work as a topical and boy, did it smell bad. It also coagulated so you had the persistent bottle that you didn't use often but couldn't bear to throw out. It probably did work much better for non-responders to 2% and 5% as it contained 12 to 15 percent minoxidil, which is about the limit, since it too goes out of solution.

Back to polysorbates, both versions had great, campy informercials with Robert Vaughn from 60's television hosting for the Helsinki Formula while Bob Adams, I think, was the homespun vendor who "discovered" polysorbate 60 handling the other informercial which even had a live audience from Sacramento where the product was manufactured. The FDA put them and Lee out of business and the polysorbates became hard to find except in health food stores for much, much less dough. Lee had problems related to prescribing across borders. He still touts different formulas on here.

The main difference between the two polysorbates is that 60 has a consistency that makes it work well as a hair dressing. Polysorbate 80 has to be rinsed thorougly and you were supposed to leave it in either overnight or right after bathing, with recommended times of 5 to 30 minutes at the least.

The best infomercial of all back then was for Hair in a Spray Can, which was stupendous and far, far more effective and easy to use than those that cover, or the crap that you shake on your hair which goes everywhere and makes a big mess. I tried it during my shed and the stuff is bloody expensive and disappointing. I looked all over for a spray version and couldn't find Hair in a Spray Can. Maybe it was bad for the environment.

Poor Jeff Bridge's brother, Beau, uses Hair in a Spray Can on his bald spot to cover it in the Fabulous Baker Boys. It must suck to be brothers with Jeff Bridges or son of Lloyd Bridges hair-wise. I know because my father is 83 and has Ronald Reagan-like hair. My siblings and I do not and my sister especially has poor hair compared to her two brothers.

The other reason that they lost favor was because the sebum plug theory of hair loss was discredited in the 80's and they no longer had a basis for selling them except "try this; promise that it works". Without a huge amount of research, I believe that they might have served as maintenance and since I started on them at 20, I still had and kept until going on HRT, a respectable XY head of hair. Even in my before pics, as bad is they look, finasteride/Duta plus minoxidil kept me in the game, and something was needed to bridge the four year gap until minoxidil was approved. The theory could be that they worked similarly to ketoconozole by altering and lessening inflammation of the scalp by decreasing furfur yeast colonies from overpopulating. Given my persistent dermatitis which is similarly caused by DHT and bacteria and yeast, it seems plausible since Keto is used against dandruff and yeast/dermatitis.

I don't believe that either New Generation or the Helsinki Formula tried to doctor photos, though since there was never any growth/regrowth beyond what minoxidil or finasteride do for the fortunate. Instead, it is hair that was on the verge of going out of cycle. Virtually, always, such hair is not cosmetically significant to anyone else but the balding person, who is happy of course to see any "improvement". But none of the pics from polysorbate 60 and 80 that they showed were likely to make anyone think that it was a "cure" and this is important because my feeling is that both companies were on the up and up. There was literally no other treatment available back then except for estrogen and AA's for females. My doctor refused to prescribe either and told me "to just man up about hair loss". As if....

The pics looked very much like minoxidil regrowth for a very few and for the rest it was assumed to only be maintenance because mathematically, decreasing the rate of hair loss looks pretty much the same as slight "regrowth". For the truly afflicted or non-responders (and now we know why, we think, minoxidil doesn't work for half of us, being due to the lack of certain sulfuric enzymes in the scalp), even if the hair med "works", the hair fall just overwhelms it. Guys with stretched out scalps in the after pics, seem to be fighting an upstream battle to even maintain on finasteride and if they lack the right amount of enzymes, to use minoxidil to good purpose.

After polysorbates came formulas from France (must be good, right, if French?) touting ampoules of liquid with placental factors that were really, really expensive and they had commercials towards the end of the 80's but those were pretty much snake oil although I see "female" hair products that still tout placental "factors" even today. I only bought a few and probably not enough for "results" but I pretty much determined quickly that polysorbates were the cheaper, more efficacious path. Placebo effects? Possibly but I used them on and off until about the age of 49, along with more so Min/finasteride.

Last edited:

Androgenic Alpaca

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Who cares if Bridge is trans? We're on a hair loss forum discussing how to cure hair loss by limiting androgens and adding estrogens. Bridge's gender identification is entirely irrelevant

Clearly his method worked and people on this thread who are trans women and cis men and nonbinary are all looking to benefit from a hormonal therapy

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's why I am here. Many of us don't see gender at all among non-binary transfemine people, which is slightly a larger cohort than just MtFs. I changed legally to female because it diminishes bullying by police officers who at least see the "F" on my driver's license. Bridgeburn inspired me as I read the thread, especially the first fifteen pages which I have read various times. What is a drag is that you have to scroll through everything to get to the parts where he is explaining things but I have read all or most of the thread because it was forwarded to me by another MtF, whose screen name is "Balding since 14 and it sucks". I noticed that in addition to Bridgeburn, most of those who posted were knowledgeable and although I spend hours and hours answering HRT questions, they are all breast-related and typically non-high level. I am no scientist but I read meticulously so that is a compliment for all of you whose names I knew from reading about you, strangely enough. A few have been banned like Icarus, I know he spells it wrong, and it is strange knowing that if they come back, it will be under a different name, I assume.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Someone mentioned to me this, about latisse which I have been using in addition to minoxidil on my brows and lashes but I think that given latisse's expense, its use for hair regrowth is too high and for lashes, it might have sides that we want to avoid since attractiveness and restoring hair are both implicated together for mals and females:

Thanks for the link. I never saw prostaglandins as being involved in baldness in terms of remedy so I probably missed this plus some males care less about facial "results" as long as we have hair. I am probably going to use the remaining bottle on my scalp although it is such a small amount that it is unlikely to do much or go far unless we make our own at home from mix.

Here's an important quote from the writer:

"Meanwhile, in my own patients I found that this change was occurring in those using any prostaglandin, so I believe it’s safe to say that it’s an issue with the entire class of drugs rather than being unique to any one of them. Of course, there could be differences in how this side effect occurs within the class; it may be a more prominent effect with one drug than another. I have patients who are only on latanoprost (Xalatan) who have full-blown PAP. Hopefully, future studies will determine whether significant differences exist between the prostaglandins".

I will post this on the hormonal thread because it is very helpful to others since most of us already have excessive stacks where we can't determine what does what and latisse is highly expensive. I will keep using the topical minoxidil on lashes and eyes judiciously.

https://www.reviewofophthalmology.com/article/pap-new-concerns-for-prostaglandin-use

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pure Fun asked:

Can you elaborate on this? Removing the beard actually diminishes DHT levels, am I reading this correctly???

level 5
JaneyElizabeth
1 point·30 minutes ago
I know of no studies except that we know that DHT fundamentally is responsible for hair growth everywhere except on the scalp for females and for essentially all hair among other mammals. So by destroying the beard follicles, it appears that we can diminish DHT's effects on facial flora like yeast and bacteria which can then cause acne and dermatitis.

I had been on dutasteride for years with no resolution of very unpleasant, unbecoming dermatitis. Even spironolactone didn't help. It was only once I was about halfway in the beard removal process that my dermatitis resolved itself seemingly forever. We know a fair amount about how hormones are created and then how they circulate and bind to receptors. We appear to know far less related to the synthesis of DHT in skin tissue itself which seems highly resistant to AA's in general and even to estradiol in the body.

Many MtFs resolve their hair issues more or less automatically under elevated E and low T conditions but others do not. This might be due to especially virulent DHT production in the scalp and perhaps the exchange of sebum and yeast and bacteria colonies between face and scalp but I don't think that we know for sure. I have posted over five years of pictorial evidence of my hair loss, spironolactone shed to near complete baldness and dermatitis and then recovery here:

https://inpursuitoffeminity.blogspot.com/2020/04/oh-well.html

and here:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/exploring-the-hormonal-route-hair-life.109288/page-593

with safe for work, obscured breast growth and hair line pics here:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/exploring-the-hormonal-route-hair-life.109288/page-592

It would be great to have you participate on the hormonal hair regrowth thread.

So many things like even minoxidil for hair improvement work better/differently when taken orally versus topically that we are still learning why. For oral minoxidil, what appears to take place is that conversion of minoxidil through the liver potentiates it by promoting conversion of sulfuric enzymes in the liver that approximately 40 percent of us lack in the scalp. Luckily or not, HRT meds usually work just as well through a variety of gateways but not minoxidil which I have used forever to great maintenance effect but little regrowth.

So I wouldn't say that beard removal changes circulating DHT but rather that it cuts off a backdoor for skin afflictions like dandruff, dermatitis, acne and hair loss from being synthesized in particular tissues. So much of these unknowns make the problem-solving aspects of HRT compelling to me in that it is a bit like a puzzle to reason through especially in areas where the medical science is still soft.

There is another sense in which beard removal appears to have HRT effects and that has to do with softening of male features and the amazing effects that beard removal has in terms of taking ten or even twenty years off of our faces. When combined with the powerful rejuvenating effects of HRT on all tissue except for bone, beard removal is almost certainly the number one cosmetic tweak or fix available to us in terms of looking more feminine. It sucks and electrolysis is a very unpleasant ordeal but laser is less costly, quicker and good enough for many of us in that any remaining beard growth is diminished to an extent that using a razor for about literally ten to 20 seconds is enough to get us to the point where makeup becomes helpful and not actually a hindrance in terms of potentially making things worse in terms of looking overdone, similar to some older cis-females where heavy makeup calls attention to whatever they are trying to conceal.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tressless

Did anyone try taking biotin and did it help?
renderTimingPixel.png

Product
14 Comments
SORT BY
View all comments
renderTimingPixel.png

level 1
JaneyElizabeth
1 point·8 days ago
Honestly, I don't know anyone who spends a lot of time researching male pattern baldness who thinks that biotin is worthwhile at all unless the individual is in a state of acute malnutrition. My multi-vitamin has more than enough biotin. This is irrelevant as are B vitamins. How do I know? Because back in 1984 when I first noticed hair loss, the first thing that I went on was biotin and b-vitamins. Take them; they are cheap but it's not a solution nor is it really even a necessary component. I am really into this stuff and I am indifferent about bioltin. My muliti-vitamin just ran out and I guess I need to replace it but that's how little biotin means to me and I spend hours a week on hair loss research. Trust me guys, this isn't going to help 99 percent of people.

level 2
cyclist7100
Score hidden·3 minutes ago
I don't think it regrows new hair but it certainly makes my diffuse hair loss look at lot better. I take 5000mcg a day with a b-complex and 50mg zinc.

Okay most people get plenty of biotin in their diet and deficiency is almost unheard of. However, there is the matter of absorption. A lot of people have gut issues and maybe aren't doing so well for biotin.

Sometimes I wonder why some middle aged people have full heads of dark hair. I don't think it's enough to say it's their genes.

level 3
JaneyElizabeth
1 point·1 minute ago
We are learning a lot about expression of genes and turning them on and off but generally this is why we can't "depend" on good hair genes. I had them and I still had hair loss by the age of 20.

I still don't think that a case for biotin can be made in terms of what you describe. If such results could come from biotin supplementation, it would be the number one hair loss treatment if it came close to having pervasive effects on hair that you describe. Use it; it is one fewer thing to worry about but most males know instinctively that biotin does nothing related to hair growth and even improvement and I have written about this on reddit and hair loss talk.

It is primarily touted by cis-females and salon stylists who have no way of telling if it works without microscopic analysis. Since few of them bald significantly, it is easy to experience placebo notions that it is doing something that it doesn't do. Rob at perfecthairhealth.com has written about biotin and its lack of importance to virtually everyone living in the first world, if we still use that term. Virtually no "natural" hair treatments do anything at all for hair. What works is first AA's to stop hair loss and then estrogen to promote regrowth. I spend a lot of time on the hair loss talk site and the guys using AA's and less than 3 mg of estradiol, appear to get little or no growth, as is true for transsexual gals and eunuchs. Once estrogen is supplemented then hair growth often takes place and often copious hair regrowth even out of slick bald scalp.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I to suspected bridge might actually be transgender, but who cares he basically did what once thought was impossible. For me he set a bench mark for how you look at the 100's of products, now and coming down the pipe, claiming to "regrow" hair. No nonsense, no trick photograph and real cosmetic regrowth:
View attachment 148881
He put himself out there without really knowing whether essentially complete regrowth, and at female growth lengths and consistency was possible or not and he placed many pics of his various low-points where he admits resembling a mountain-man with not much hair and a lot of beard (although I think he said he looked like a terrorist or serial murderer, lol).

Not many people can do that as such exposure, particularly related to hair dysphoria, which pretty much all of us have is so painful to show or share with others. He also was exceedingly bright and well-read in the fields of male pattern baldness research and HRT related to both hair regrowth and feminization so that cis-guys could see the possibilities but he never proselytized and that is what many on here claim without it being true.

A lot of guys in the same position as we are, pretend that caring about hair loss is unmanly or that it amounts to chemical castration, which is imprecise and he was open about breast growth and skin effects and being able to remain in a sexual relationship with a female, all of which correspond to my own reality. The HRT battles over whether increasing breast size is even possible since cis-females are unable to increase bust size parallel the issues for cis-males related to hair loss so I found his experience and ability to synthesize and to explain hormonal effects to "outsiders" remarkable.

BigBadBaldie

My Regimen
Reaction score
irreversible gyno, long hair, zero facial hair, HRT... cis male he ain't
I’d have to agree. I respect anyone’s decision to transition but I think we’re getting away from the point. The treatments he used really aren’t an option for anyone who wants to remain Cis male. Most of the information here really isn’t applicable to most guys on here.
If you’re happy to transition there’s tons of options at your disposal for stopping hairloss/regrowth but if you’re not your options are far more limited.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’d have to agree. I respect anyone’s decision to transition but I think we’re getting away from the point. The treatments he used really aren’t an option for anyone who wants to remain Cis male. Most of the information here really isn’t applicable to most guys on here.
If you’re happy to transition there’s tons of options at your disposal for stopping hairloss/regrowth but if you’re not your options are far more limited.

I don't think anyone here is pretending these aren't extreme measures, more to show what HRT can do if willing and able. No doubt it is not for most guys to follow, but if you have exhausted all other avenues and know the dangers it is an approach you could possibly take. The numerous results online show how effective it is.

phoenix01

My Regimen
Reaction score
#ComeOutofTheClosetBridge

admit you're trans or at least non-binary, nothing wrong with being either - it's just weird that he won't fess up to it

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
irreversible gyno, long hair, zero facial hair, HRT... cis male he ain't
Even I think that being "cis-male" is immutable in terms of origins and being an XY.

The testicles never fully shut down nor does apparently fertility and ability to top in sexual intercourse. Most of us become much younger looking and admittedly, somewhat more frail. I am petite at 170 centimeters and 6o kilos or so anyway so this is less of an issue for taller MtFs.

But this is the only option available to males with the possibility of not only cosmetically significant regrowth but also in terms of being able to wear hair long. MtFs and cis-females can have over triple the amount of time with follicles in the anagen stage. Males don't have that and no non-hormonal treatments can provide that now, or probably ever. There are also some guys interested in using HRT, regrowing their hair and then returning while using dutasteride to maintain. Some FtMs transition back to female solely to restore the hair that they thought was permanent and then many of them bald as soon as they remove the syringes from their arms.

What I find most laughable on this thread and there are many such pics, is cis-males who seem to believe that guys in boy band pics present with beautiful hair or that some FtMs have their hair thicken up as part of transition. There is a side-by-side pic earlier of a very attractive redhead FtM who then in the next pic has boy band hair (combed back into a dry pompdour) which is darker in terms of hair color (white females are more likely to be blond or redhead than males) and nowhere even in the ball park as nice hair. A few commented that FtM HRT must thicken hair which is once again laughable and also laughable in terms of attractiveness. He has lovely red locks hanging down around the face in pic 1 and then in pic 2, he has hair that appears incapable of being worn long and no, it isn't attractive even for a cis-male in that it is too boyish but that is the always an issue for FtMs who don't go on puberty blockers. They have a boyish characteristic (we aren't allowed to discuss this on trans sites) that to some can be off-putting because they still have a strong presentation as small and female and sort of pretending according to swim.

Brad Pitt doesn't have boy band hair and Brad Pitt is the hope and dream for all caucasian "male" hair meaning hair that looks just as attractive, long or short and Brad Pitt has something very close to a female hairline in terms of presenting in an oval fashion with absolutely zero male artifacts in front of the ears. Virtually all pics of finasteride/Duta growth for cis-males occurs in the crown or the temples but for some reason the area next to the sideburns balds in almost all white cis-males and it doesn't appear to be restorable. Nor do most males find hair loss in this area to impact on or present as a form of baldness. Even guys with the best hair tend to have jagged baldness next to the sideburns which present as a "Z" shaped chunk of hair that is forever gone. For me, that has been absolutely where regrowth is prominently visible and although it is subtle as it comes in to the point of my thinking, "HRT is not working for my hair loss", it is absolutely apparent in my before and after pics although I never focused on regrowth in this area either since it really is not cosmetically significant until it gets to the point of my before pics and then I jumped ship.

Last edited:

phoenix01

My Regimen
Reaction score
@JaneyElizabeth You're going off on a tangent here. What the hell are you talking about? Boy banders? redheads FTM? puberty blockers? huh? This thread is about Bridge's treatment and the ruse that he took a bunch of antiandrogens and female hormones in order to salvage his hair (hint; he didn't. his main goal was always transition) and Brad Pitt is an old, irrelevant closeted queen.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
#ComeOutofTheClosetBridge

admit you're trans or at least non-binary, nothing wrong with being either - it's just weird that he won't fess up to it
I mean for me, at least starting out this was about hair but my hair loss was irrevocably intertwined with experiencing some baldness as a teen. I actually noticed it on exactly my 20th birthday--"Happy birthday to me", lol.

You might be correct in my case that I started my hair loss quest related to hormones at 49 without being able to deal with my desire to present as a late adolescent and being able to differentiate the two things related to gender adherence. In my mind, I continue to see myself as male-oriented and my writing style is characteristic of a male style of argumentation that often is expressed as being overly frank over on Tresses and the Mtf HRT reddit sites. This appears to be true of many or most MtFs.

You don't see FtMs popping up here and telling everyone what they know about hair loss nor do I see much evidence that they coach each other or promote different hormones the way that MtFs do, often to the point of firm disagreement. FtMs tend to only use testosterone via syringes and direct application of either T or DHT to their genitalia. This works immediately and somewhat irreversibly, probably more so than breast growth in MtFs. But at the same time, their penises/clitorises present as incredibly small and not even close to what even small boys present before puberty. Neither the MtF vaginoplasty or FtM phalloplasty "work" well in terms of what I would choose but at least MtF bottom surgery results in genitalia that is impossible to distinguish from cis-female organs visually.

Ten to 20 years ago, virtually all transgender females were known as transsexuals and that word has now fallen into complete or almost complete disrepute. Now we have what I call chimera-seekers wanting to be or look half female or present that way with large male genitalia and either no breasts, or breasts with no loss of prowess or functionality. Terms like homosexual or gay have lost most of their meaning and so the notion of LGBT is now largely fading. Before many "bottoms" who were gay often fit into the feminine stereotypes and seemed more likely to be transsexual bottoms if they were inclined to a sex change, which term has also gone out of favor and now is often referred to as gender affirming bottom surgery, which term I detest. It is too, a sex change if you transform your penis and urethra into a clitoris and a vaginal opening and calling it gender affirming is "newspeak". Many transfolks are admittedly annoying with all of the gender correction and pronoun correction. Some use different pronouns at different times of day or at different meal times and some have different pronouns for different days of the week. This is usually the younger, college-age transfolk and they can be really annoying. I am like, I type 100 words a minute and guy, gal, gay are all easy to mistype and get someone pissed off. I often have to proofread several times when describing a person in the past. My ex-wife refers to me as her ex-husband and although ex-spouse is preferred, I am an ex-something.

So anyway, I am with all of you guys in terms of hair loss and the pain and body dysphoria that it causes. I still refuse to let anyone walk behind me or stand behind me lest they be looking down upon my crown. If I pity you guys it is because psychologically the estrogen experience is so much better, especially for someone who already made four children and was married to a beautiful woman. If I did all of this just for hair, then I question somewhat my own level of clear thinking. No one should do this who is already in a relationship without conferring with their partner. Notice I say "they", even though technically it is correct to say "his" but in our world, "they" is used for both non-binary people and for people that are trans but we can't literally tell which direction that they are going in terms of transition which is a profound stage of the experience and people tell me that I am either already there (not their) or not far from hitting the point of androgyny without any surgery at all.

@bridgeburn clearly to me, passed the point of appearing male and was either completely androgynous or at least progressively less "male" looking. He also achieved far better facial feminization than is typical of people starting after the age of 20 or so. Notice how young looking he became and this is a very common side-effect of MtF HrT. It is also common of FtMs but in the other direction. Since they rarely masculinize enough for people not to focus on how short and frail most of them present compared to cis-males. @bridgeburn didn't really have to remove his beard which most MtFs would love to be true of them as well. Beard removal is deemed worse that getting a tattoo in terms of pain and it takes a long, long time to complete successfully. It has taken me 15 months to get to where I am comfortable with not having to shave and also to get used to not having dermatitis any longer as beard removal seems to kill DHT-laden follicles so that they can't do their mischief on the face and maybe with respect to hair loss as well. DHT is synthesized in facial tissue and so it doesn't respond very well to reductase inhibitor treatment.

Transfeminine is broader than transgender and means someone who usually but not always, was born as a cis-male but who presents more so stereotypically as a female in terms of garb, accessories, makeup and clothing. I am a "tranny" but I leave it to others to realize that many MtFs prefer not to be called that. Often, I find that it is not done out of malice but rather because it is a short-cut for "on MtF HrT". It rarely is applied to cis-female FtM's.

Anyway, I am grateful for all of the input and being able to reach out to a thread that I have read frequently the past several months and I appreciate the high level knowledge and discourse of everyone who comments here.

Last edited:

BigBadBaldie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think anyone here is pretending these aren't extreme measures, more to show what HRT can do if willing and able. No doubt it is not for most guys to follow, but if you have exhausted all other avenues and know the dangers it is an approach you could possibly take. The numerous results online show how effective it is.
That’s not the point I’m making. Maybe I should explain better. A lot of what being discussed in this thread is completely irrelevant or has no real application to hair loss. The original post was meant to be about hairloss yet people are talking about which drug will give them the best boobs? Surely that would be better suited to a trans discussion forum.

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s not the point I’m making. Maybe I should explain better. A lot of what being discussed in this thread is completely irrelevant or has no real application to hair loss. The original post was meant to be about hairloss yet people are talking about which drug will give them the best boobs? Surely that would be better suited to a trans discussion forum.
Agreed, so why does it matter if bridgeburn is trans?

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Even I think that being "cis-male" is immutable in terms of origins and being an XY.

The testicles never fully shut down nor does apparently fertility and ability to top in sexual intercourse. Most of us become much younger looking and admittedly, somewhat more frail. I am petite at 170 centimeters and 6o kilos or so anyway so this is less of an issue for taller MtFs.

But this is the only option available to males with the possibility of not only cosmetically significant regrowth but also in terms of being able to wear hair long. MtFs and cis-females can have over triple the amount of time with follicles in the anagen stage. Males don't have that and no non-hormonal treatments can provide that now, or probably ever. There are also some guys interested in using HRT, regrowing their hair and then returning while using dutasteride to maintain. Some FtMs transition back to female solely to restore the hair that they thought was permanent and then many of them bald as soon as they remove the syringes from their arms.

What I find most laughable on this thread and there are many such pics, is cis-males who seem to believe that guys in boy band pics present with beautiful hair or that some FtMs have their hair thicken up as part of transition. There is a side-by-side pic earlier of a very attractive redhead FtM who then in the next pic has boy band hair (combed back into a dry pompdour) which is darker in terms of hair color (white females are more likely to be blond or redhead than males) and nowhere even in the ball park as nice hair. A few commented that FtM HRT must thicken hair which is once again laughable and also laughable in terms of attractiveness. He has lovely red locks hanging down around the face in pic 1 and then in pic 2, he has hair that appears incapable of being worn long and no, it isn't attractive even for a cis-male in that it is too boyish but that is the always an issue for FtMs who don't go on puberty blockers. They have a boyish characteristic (we aren't allowed to discuss this on trans sites) that to some can be off-putting because they still have a strong presentation as small and female and sort of pretending according to swim.

Brad Pitt doesn't have boy band hair and Brad Pitt is the hope and dream for all caucasian "male" hair meaning hair that looks just as attractive, long or short and Brad Pitt has something very close to a female hairline in terms of presenting in an oval fashion with absolutely zero male artifacts in front of the ears. Virtually all pics of finasteride/Duta growth for cis-males occurs in the crown or the temples but for some reason the area next to the sideburns balds in almost all white cis-males and it doesn't appear to be restorable. Nor do most males find hair loss in this area to impact on or present as a form of baldness. Even guys with the best hair tend to have jagged baldness next to the sideburns which present as a "Z" shaped chunk of hair that is forever gone. For me, that has been absolutely where regrowth is prominently visible and although it is subtle as it comes in to the point of my thinking, "HRT is not working for my hair loss", it is absolutely apparent in my before and after pics although I never focused on regrowth in this area either since it really is not cosmetically significant until it gets to the point of my before pics and then I jumped ship.
Here is a FtM using T and his comments on hair growth. Perhaps T is good for a short time....but not a long time on hair growth? Consider when boys hit puberty their fine hair gets thicker to age 15,16,17 - then starts to thin from there into mid life at various rates. Perhaps T brings with it other stuff that promote hair growth like growth hormone (GH). If T is all bad for hair why does hair continue to recede as T levels drop as we age.
Perhaps for males, cycling E for 3-4 months (so suppressing T) then going off to allow T levels to shoot back might be the way to go - then repeat cycle. This would be the opposite of what a body builder would do taking T to bulk up muscle, the endocrine system shuts down natural T production because it senses there is already enough T in the system.

upload_2020-10-21_12-31-20.png

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here is a FtM using T and his comments on hair growth. Perhaps T is good for a short time....but not a long time on hair growth? Consider when boys hit puberty their fine hair gets thicker to age 15,16,17 - then starts to thin from there into mid life at various rates. Perhaps T brings with it other stuff that promote hair growth like growth hormone (GH). If T is all bad for hair why does hair continue to recede as T levels drop as we age.
Perhaps for males, cycling E for 3-4 months (so suppressing T) then going off to allow T levels to shoot back might be the way to go - then repeat cycle. This would be the opposite of what a body builder would do taking T to bulk up muscle, the endocrine system shuts down natural T production because it senses there is already enough T in the system.

View attachment 149032
It's more like a combined cumulative effect of T and DHT, It doesn't matter if T drops as you get older since the miniaturization is already apperent at that point. Plus everyone loses density as they get older, be it male or female. So that doesn't help the situation