Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I probably didn't make it well.

How did all of these guys on this thread get banned? I have read all of it and I was wondering about ikarus and a couple of the others who used to contribute and now it says "banned".
As far as i know he requested the ban, after a lengthy argument on discord regarding healthcare, politics and other things

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What's the point of that? He could have still just withdrawn. Eh, so be it. I just wanted to make sure that folks aren't banned willy nilly.

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm gonna half bica and keep up progesterone and estradiol, and see if my total testosterone drops

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm gonna half bica and keep up progesterone and estradiol, and see if my total testosterone drops
Yeah, that is the maximum of bica that I have seen. You might want to titrate downward more slowly than halving. I went off spironolactone cold turkey but I have now seen a lot of people claiming sheds when they alter AA dosage.

With respect to progesterone, pretty much you have to do either 300 mg nightly or use 100 mg rectally. Most of it is lost during first pass, hence the a*** route. I have been doing 100 mg P now for a couple of months and eh, I notice nothing and I expect nothing. I am not recommending or not not recommending medroxyprogesterone acetate. I take 10 mg daily but oral dosages work fine for provera. In fact that is the reason for using synthetic progestins instead of P. Taking both together, I don't know but for HRT, progesterone and progestins are non-essential, and the same is probably true with hair. MtFs think (many do) that adding provera or P will make their boobs bigger and round out Tanner 5, eh. I doubt it but MtFs don't want to hear about my perfect tits when I was trying to avoid them the first couple of years of DIY.

Last edited:

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i'm doing progesterone, because apparently it can lower T and allow me to drop AAs. Not that i care about breasts but ever since i added P, they became more sensitive/painful or maybe it's unrealated and time is the only factor.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i'm doing progesterone, because apparently it can lower T and allow me to drop AAs. Not that i care about breasts but ever since i added P, they became more sensitive/painful or maybe it's unrealated and time is the only factor.
Okay. So yes, progesterone can be used essentially as an AA, as can medroxyprogestrone. I know a couple of studies were done with medroxy and androcur and they both diminished fixative thoughts related to sexual misconduct. I assume that estrogen would work better or just as well. 20 mg medroxy/provera blocks about 70 percent of T and cyproterone blocks about 80 percent of T, if I recall correctly.

You don't have to answer this but you generally have to use injected progesterone or several hundred mg of it or rectal administration to make a difference in T levels great enough. I take 10mg and it blocks far less T but still a significant amount. Honestly, I have been forgetting to take anything except for two climara 100's and estrogel "as needed", which probably means about 6 tubes a month or more so that is my "extreme" aspect as I used and use it everywhere and girl, do I love it. Not calling anybody a girl but I always invert the genders, hence my Goddess in heaven.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
evenworse.JPG
I am still not thrilled with my forehead in these pics. In person, it is more apparent that the hairline is lowering. Brows look sucky because I drew them poorly. I have been gradually raising them since the female brow sits higher and is more arched. I am using minoxidil and latisse on brows and lashes. I will probably derma-roll tonight and I have been pretty observant of doing this for the period during and since the shed. Btw, people can derma-roll with long hair even in non-balding areas. I am using 2.0mm and it is able to reach through to the scalp fine without getting tangled. Goddess Bless you as She has me....

IMG_0404.JPG
IMG_0405.JPG
IMG_0406.JPG
IMG_0407.JPG
IMG_0409.JPG
View attachment 148769

And for MtFs, yes, it could happen to you.....
And for cis-males, yes, it could happen to you ....

View attachment 148769

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Now Janey:

IMG_0427.JPG
IMG_0421.JPG
IMG_0424.JPG
IMG_0430.JPG
6-17-2.JPG
6-17.JPG

Three years back

How the mighty hath fallen....

Attachments

• IMG_0364.JPG
    IMG_0364.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_0369.JPG
    IMG_0369.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
how does the top look now?
It's looking better and better. That was where I first had someone point out my hair loss, in an incipient bald spot and I still have hang-ups about pics from the back or on top. I never let anyone walk or stand behind me since that frat brother of mine tapped me on the crown, saying, "hey, you are getting a little thin on top", and yes lamentably, it was true. It seems as though all my hair is coming back together.

Most interesting thing to me is that the hair on the sides in front of the ears and in the temples is sort of folding downward and hence coming in differently than it seems to for cis-guys who respond to finasteride where the corners fill in more than create an imaginary oval band downward. I have pics galore though since I snap shots blindly with my laptop and iPhone.

LEXUS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that statement is too broad. We probably all need the furfur variety of yeast for certain things, probably related to the removal of sebum from the scalp. It/they is present in all scalps to my knowledge. The issue is when a colony overgrows, and DHT and excessive oil production apparently lead to runaway yeast colonization. I have noticed on hormones, especially after beard removal that I only need to wash my hair twice a week. As a male, I often needed to wash it twice a day and at least once daily. There is just a huge difference in oil production in many cis-males.

There was, and it is still available, a baldness treatment called polysorbate 60, and also 80, which were widely marketed in the 80's. The FDA made them stop advertising entirely so now they are usually available in health food stores. Before Rogaine, this is what I used and I continue to believe that it worked very well. I stopped when Rogaine and Proscar came out because polysorbates are a bit of a hassle to use daily. But if they worked, it probably was related to effects on yeast and the products diminishing inflammation by dissolving hardened sebum and sebum in general from the scalp. At lot of guys doing Rob's massages, which I found not to be for me, are saying that they are finding "pockets" of abundant sebum that the massages break up, purportedly under the scalp. So runaway sebum production might be part of the overall search for eliminating things in order to ameliorate male pattern baldness and hair loss.

I also note that the process by which I hypothetically ascribe their efficacy is different from the theory under which they were sold, which was already all but discredited in the 80's. That theory was known as the "sebum plug" theory which everyone now agrees is wrong and not descriptive of the balding process. This doesn't mean that they were snake oil though as what I describe above as a hypothetical reason why they might have worked is far different from the sebum-plugged follicle theory.

Let me further add that like all other male pattern baldness treatments for males, these products did not regrow hair, although they claimed to and often had pictures. The re-growth in the pictures and on the informercials looked exactly like finasteride and minoxidil regrowth, meaning, largely in the crown and barely cosmetically significant. So again, we might be able to halt the hair loss process for males but we can't get the treatment to "regrow" hair except for marginal hair that had just gone out of cycle. Goddess bless.
because of the pandemic, I can't buy AA anymore. I eat only 2 mg E. so far so good.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
because of the pandemic, I can't buy AA anymore. I eat only 2 mg E. so far so good.
That's probably for the better at least according to some, including me because AA's without sufficient estrogen can cause issues and for hair, I don't think that they work much better than reductase inhibitors without estrogen. Assuming you are not interested in feminization, 2 mg seems to be about the limit usable without gyno and there are no guarantees that 2 mg won't cause feminization to different sexually dimorphic body parts and tissues.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I continue to monitor the usage of serms by non-binary transgender females and some report that gyno/breast growth can be reversed by tamoxi and raloxi, afterwards, and going off estrogen might resolve the breast development if done at least during the first year of using hormones. And I am one of those but I think that when I went back on the sauce (estrogen) my breasts were "primed" to grow so you probably are restrained from further usage.

The thinking among many transgender females is that lower, non-habitual used of estrogen is more likely to cause substantial breast development when used at low levels of serum estrogen than those who jump in hitting target levels of E and T. Those who start too high often fuse the breast ducts, halting essentially, all future breast growth.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that statement is too broad. We probably all need the furfur variety of yeast for certain things, probably related to the removal of sebum from the scalp. It/they is present in all scalps to my knowledge. The issue is when a colony overgrows, and DHT and excessive oil production apparently lead to runaway yeast colonization. I have noticed on hormones, especially after beard removal that I only need to wash my hair twice a week. As a male, I often needed to wash it twice a day and at least once daily. There is just a huge difference in oil production in many cis-males.

There was, and it is still available, a baldness treatment called polysorbate 60, and also 80, which were widely marketed in the 80's. The FDA made them stop advertising entirely so now they are usually available in health food stores. Before Rogaine, this is what I used and I continue to believe that it worked very well. I stopped when Rogaine and Proscar came out because polysorbates are a bit of a hassle to use daily. But if they worked, it probably was related to effects on yeast and the products diminishing inflammation by dissolving hardened sebum and sebum in general from the scalp. At lot of guys doing Rob's massages, which I found not to be for me, are saying that they are finding "pockets" of abundant sebum that the massages break up, purportedly under the scalp. So runaway sebum production might be part of the overall search for eliminating things in order to ameliorate male pattern baldness and hair loss.

I also note that the process by which I hypothetically ascribe their efficacy is different from the theory under which they were sold, which was already all but discredited in the 80's. That theory was known as the "sebum plug" theory which everyone now agrees is wrong and not descriptive of the balding process. This doesn't mean that they were snake oil though as what I describe above as a hypothetical reason why they might have worked is far different from the sebum-plugged follicle theory.

Let me further add that like all other male pattern baldness treatments for males, these products did not regrow hair, although they claimed to and often had pictures. The re-growth in the pictures and on the informercials looked exactly like finasteride and minoxidil regrowth, meaning, largely in the crown and barely cosmetically significant. So again, we might be able to halt the hair loss process for males but we can't get the treatment to "regrow" hair except for marginal hair that had just gone out of cycle. Goddess bless.
If you go back that far you must remember the Helsinki Formula. I remember seeing this on TV, home shopping network I think, way before I was even interested in the topic as a kid. I remember how in the before and after pics they would have the before pic with greased or wetted down hair, then the after pic with dry hair and different lighting. I guess that's how they did it before Photoshop came out. And it looks like Helsinki Formula is still sold today, must work to some extent for some people?

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
this thread is the biggest load of sh*t in hairlosstalk history, as far as I know OP (bridgeburn) self-identifies as trans/female.

bridgeburn needs to stop with the bullshit and come out of the closet, your lame-*** excuse "I took ungodly amounts of estrogen to salvage my hair" is no longer valid
I to suspected bridge might actually be transgender, but who cares he basically did what once thought was impossible. For me he set a bench mark for how you look at the 100's of products, now and coming down the pipe, claiming to "regrow" hair. No nonsense, no trick photograph and real cosmetic regrowth:
upload_2020-10-20_13-14-25.png