Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The goal was never to tank my T all the way. I know 25mg seems like a dose that would do that but it’s done nothing to me. Maybe I should try buserelin.
You are just guessing at this point. Alot of transwomen have their T nuked, yet they don't feel / get much results. The only way to be sure is to get blood tests. The drugs you are playing with aren't candy.

If you are not trying to get your T levels to 0, then why are you wanting to try buserelin ?? 25 mg CPA is most likely lowering your T levels, since recent studies show CPA's max effective dosage ranges between 5-12.5 mg.

As i said before, trying AAs like CPA without any additional form of a sex hormone, won't make your hair better. You could literally induce telogen effluvium amongst other things.

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I ran into gyno problems on bicalutamide monotherapy because my T and therefore E got too high. T deprivation in and of itself has never really given me gyno (I’ve taken 200mg of spironolactone daily with no issue before.) In order to combat this I wanted to try taking a combination of CPA and bicalutamide to hopefully lower my T levels to a reasonable level and then block the rest with bicalutamide. Unfortunately I don’t think CPA is doing a very good job of lowering my T. I initially planned to be taking only 6.25mg of CPA daily but even 25mg daily has given me no sides and no results.
Also, spironolactone is a weaker drug than Bica, and thus it won't block the ARs as efficiently, nor raise T levels as strongly as Bica.

Jacob Williams

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are just guessing at this point. Alot of transwomen have their T nuked, yet they don't feel / get much results. The only way to be sure is to get blood tests. The drugs you are playing with aren't candy.

If you are not trying to get your T levels to 0, then why are you wanting to try buserelin ?? 25 mg CPA is most likely lowering your T levels, since recent studies show CPA's max effective dosage ranges between 5-12.5 mg.

As i said before, trying AAs like CPA without any additional form of a sex hormone, won't make your hair better. You could literally induce telogen effluvium amongst other things.
I’m probably going to start 2mg of oestrogel in a couple months. Sadly I’m moving right now so I don’t have an address I can safely ship to so I can’t order yet.

Jacob Williams

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I really don’t understand why they can’t remove the entire gland during gyno surgery. I understand the cratering problem but you would think they could just fill that space with something so that it doesn’t?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m probably going to start 2mg of oestrogel in a couple months. Sadly I’m moving right now so I don’t have an address I can safely ship to so I can’t order yet.
You can't put in a forwarding order when you move, or get a po box?

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
frontal was okay back in the days but my crown had a stupid bald spot. I am not Trans or Gay but my
body dysmorphic disorder, depression and trashy self-esteem made me to that
So now you are ok with your body? your self esteem is better?
Just sounds weird to me since I have bdd too but it goes for all of my body, I wouldnt compromise all my other body traits to save my hair, no point of it.

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just sounds weird to me since I have bdd too but it goes for all of my body, I wouldnt compromise all my other body traits to save my hair, no point of it.
Not everyone is like you. Some deal with their dysmorphia differently than others, and i think @Sonolmn98 is feeling better about their decision.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

I don't think you have to. I'm using estriol instead of estradiol and my temple is growing in as fast as in people who use estradiol, with no sign of gyno. Target the beta estrogen receptor and you can get hair without all the feminization. Granted I am using a bunch of other stuff, but I think estriol, eplerenone, and RU can pretty much replace estradiol and spironolactone without the feminization.

Sonolmn98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not everyone is like you. Some deal with their dysmorphia differently than others, and i think @Sonolmn98 is feeling better about their decision.
recovering from male pattern baldness is awesome and fascinating especially at the beginning, but we still have to acknowledge the dark side of HRT and altering your healthy hormones, depression, fatigue, suicidality and social rejections is huge among trans people. personally, iam not happier all the sudden because i have a full head of hair, so to anyone who has BDD (body dysmorphic disorder) please get treatment before altering your hormones permanently, and consider the long term side effects of HRT. BDD is a b**ch, once your hair is recovered it will pick on something else like body weight, nose shape, etc.. it wont really end and happiness is not guaranteed in the long run.maybe being bald and having healthy hormones , building a family and having energy to go the gym is better than obsessing over follicles idk so please consider you reasons behind all this and get treatment if you have BDD or a mental disorder

Rysteve93

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think you have to. I'm using estriol instead of estradiol and my temple is growing in as fast as in people who use estradiol, with no sign of gyno. Target the beta estrogen receptor and you can get hair without all the feminization. Granted I am using a bunch of other stuff, but I think estriol, eplerenone, and RU can pretty much replace estradiol and spironolactone without the feminization.

Hi mate, where do you purchase your estriol?? Sounds like your on your way to beating male pattern baldness!!

Genderfluid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im on estradiol cypionate 10 mg and 50 mg medoxyprogesterone/weekly , why my boobs shrinking ,and gyno almost gone,but when i take cypro and estrdiol valerate everyday i got gyno?

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nah sorry I dont think Im ready to experiment on myself those kinds of unproven and unconventional treatments which can be very risky

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Up to you what you want to use. I would only suggest doing your own research first to determine the level of risk involved. I've done my research and determined the risk to be minimal, and within my tolerance. Everyone has a different risk tolerance though.
Is Tafluprost cost prohibitive/more effective than latana/bima?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is Tafluprost cost prohibitive/more effective than latana/bima?

It's about 20% more potent than latanaprost, which is several times more potent than bimatoprost. The cost is about the same as latanaprost. If you get it make sure you get the ethyl amide version.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's about 20% more potent than latanaprost, which is several times more potent than bimatoprost. The cost is about the same as latanaprost. If you get it make sure you get the ethyl amide version.
If you had to choose between Taflu/PGE2 and Minoxidil only, which one would be better?

I just started minoxidil but can order Taflu with PGE2 if it helps more with the hair loss.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Taflu/PGE2, definitely. SW033291 makes PGE2 more effective by preventing it from being metabolized.
Thank you. If I am aware taflu and PGE2 both give lesser amount of results short term than minoxidil does. However I assume taflu and PGE2 actually has deeper mechanism of actions therefore making them superior of a treatment long term?