Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Deacr4

My Regimen
Reaction score
The transgender woman with zero observed regrowth is back.

Still have zero observed regrowth that can't be attributed to a hair transplant.

I have been lightly needling daily for nearly 3 months with no observed improvement and now Germany's not totally sh*t (unlike the UK) trans healthcare system has put me on Oestradiol hemihydrate gel and 50mg of cyproterone acetate daily (a regimen which regrew almost all the hair of another trans woman I know with a similar - not quite so bad - starting point). I am still taking my 0.5mg of dutasteride daily. I also use topical Minoxidil daily.

After 23 months of EV (very light doses of EV and no AA save dutasteride for nine months, followed by strong EV and spironolactone + dutastide for fourteen months), is there any hope left or is it time to get the shotgun and put old Yella down?
Taking e without a real aa seems a little pointless and spironolactone isnt the best anyway, did you have your levels checked and everything? May as well give your new regimen a shot

M

Member 139756

Taking e without a real aa seems a little pointless and spironolactone isnt the best anyway, did you have your levels checked and everything? May as well give your new regimen a shot

Yeah.

A UK transgender service charged me over £1000 for that regimen of 50mcg to 100mcg EV patches and 5mg finasteride (though I took the duta anyway simultaneously).

UK trans care is sh*t.
I started DIYing after I grew tired of that crap.

I did have my levels checked through the process and whilst DIYing from Jan 2018 to July 2018 in the UK. My E was like 1800 pmol/L and my test 0.03 whilst on injected solution and spironolactone.

Thanks for replying.

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't been on estradiol in 2 months, I was on it for a year previously, I stopped it just out of laziness to buy more, I'm probably going to buy another years supply in a few weeks but I'm still doing good on just Cyproterone Acetate 50mg and Dutasteride 0.5mg.

Screenshot_20200212-142453_Kik.jpg

20200212_142105.jpg

20200212_142119.jpg

20200212_142146.jpg

b3cf436b-bed5-49a6-b9c6-1a7ae1f3fe35.jpg

Davidcr1996

My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't been on estradiol in 2 months, I was on it for a year previously, I stopped it just out of laziness to buy more, I'm probably going to buy another years supply in a few weeks but I'm still doing good on just Cyproterone Acetate 50mg and Dutasteride 0.5mg.

View attachment 137611
View attachment 137612
View attachment 137613
View attachment 137614
View attachment 137615
Isn’t 50mg too much for cypro? Which is better aa for the long run, cypro or spironolactone?

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Isn’t 50mg too much for cypro? Which is better aa for the long run, cypro or spironolactone?

No, the prescribed dosage of Cyproterone Acetate for prostate cancer treatment is 300mg intramuscular injection once a month or 50mg - 100mg taken orally every day. 50mg/day is standard for transgender patients to maximally lower testosterone. The studies that show 25mg is as close to 50mg in effectiveness were experiments done to see if 50mg was necessary to maximally suppress testosterone, also Spironolactone is trash, it's the weakest AA with the most common uncomfortable side effects. Cyproterone Acetate and Bicaludamide are the strongest AAs that you'll find.

Davidcr1996

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, the prescribed dosage of Cyproterone Acetate for prostate cancer treatment is 300mg intramuscular injection once a month or 50mg - 100mg taken orally every day. 50mg/day is standard for transgender patients to maximally lower testosterone. The studies that show 25mg is as close to 50mg in effectiveness were experiments done to see if 50mg was necessary to maximally suppress testosterone, also Spironolactone is trash, it's the weakest AA with the most common uncomfortable side effects. Cyproterone Acetate and Bicaludamide are the strongest AAs.
I heard that 12.5 mg of cypro already drops your t levels very low?

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Itsnoahkennedy If you aren't planning on transitioning I'd just totally drop the Oestrogen. Stay on the AAs and consider adding oral min, Oestrogen imo isn't worth it I'm convinced all the hair benefits simply come from lowering androgens further.

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Itsnoahkennedy If you aren't planning on transitioning I'd just totally drop the Oestrogen. Stay on the AAs and consider adding oral min, Oestrogen imo isn't worth it I'm convinced all the hair benefits simply come from lowering androgens further.

There's science behind why estrogen is good for hair, I've done all the research there is to do on it. I swore to stay away from minoxidil if i could reverse my severely diffuse NW5 using only hormone altering drugs & it doesn't matter what gender people perceive me as, I'm good. Estrogen or no estrogen my continued use of it depends on my follicles ability to produce healthy hair.

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's science behind why estrogen is good for hair, I've done all the research there is to do on it. I swore to stay away from minoxidil if i could reverse my severely diffuse NW5 using only hormone altering drugs & it doesn't matter what gender people perceive me as, I'm good. Estrogen or no estrogen my continued use of it depends on my follicles ability to produce healthy hair.

I've read the research and having been on E2 for some months I'm personally not convinced it is any better than simply being on strong AAs. Does the possibility of permanent infertility not faze you?

Davidcr1996

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've read the research and having been on E2 for some months I'm personally not convinced it is any better than simply being on strong AAs. Does the possibility of permanent infertility not faze you?
Will you regrow hair with dutasteride and cypro only or will you need to add estrogen?