Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Or you just have to suffer through the shed - always the hardest part. I've had some noticeable increase in my overall hair thickness last few days, plus curlyness. So fingers crossed for some progress in the temples.
Haha-the no pain no gain mindset. I've been at it for quite a while though...6 months now. Added 1 dutas a week along with daily finasteride so maybe that will tip the scales in the right direction.

baldingAF

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@bridgeburn How has the dexamethasone been treating you? I've only been on it for like 3 weeks but as far as sides go I am good. I have 0.25mg per 60g tube/concentration and am thinking about increasing. Unfortunately no improvement but Im about to start a huge regiment when I have a compounding pharmacy finish a recipe for me. But I was thinking about increasing the concentration on my Dexa... maybe 1.5x or 2x

Also still looking for the best topical Anti-Androgen receptor agent. Don't wana touch 5ar and wana avoid sides. I heard topical spironolactone is sh*t and Im still going to try it at least with a pretty good carrier (LipoDerm Max- don't let the name get you its stilll just a cream not liposomal but its been rated better than PLO and has a API capacity of 50%)

Was thinking about topical DARO as I have a good source and would do sparingly but it doesn't look like anyone had much results with it.

Also read here that daily Bica didn't give someone sides? for real?

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Haha-the no pain no gain mindset. I've been at it for quite a while though...6 months now. Added 1 dutas a week along with daily finasteride so maybe that will tip the scales in the right direction.
some days my finger is just itchy to jack up the dose to 3-4mg daily from 1-2mg. I still have no gyno so maybe I can tolerate 3-4, but gotta stick with the plan to Aug.

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am considering to cypro and estorgen valeriate buccally- similar to you. I would want to start of with cypro, but having no sex hormones I feel would be worse than having estrogen, atleast for the bones.

Do you think trying one or both of these could be bad for the bones? What do you suggest I start off with to enter the hormonal route ?

Having no hormones is bad for bones and can lead to osteoporosis. So an anti androgen in and of itself as a male, whereby you are blocking T and don't have sufficient natural E to compensate, is not a good long term solution for bone health. But E is also protective against bone loss and is the reason why women in menopause (when their E levels plummet) are at higher risk of osteoporosis.

So if you do go the hormonal route, I would recommend balancing out the loss of T with the addition of E to prevent bone deterioration. That said, definitely don't take messing with your endocrine system lightly, since it will have some feminizing effects and you can lose fertilization.

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
bicalutamide is the worst antiandrogen. he does nothing with testosterone. and still your big mistake.

Bica just has a different method of activation than the other antiandrogens (though similar to flutamide). Measuring a person's testosterone levels are pointless when taking bica, since it doesn't block testosterone, as you noted, like cypro or spironolactone. Instead, it binds to androgen recepters, whereby it limits the effects those androgens would otherwise have on your body, like causing hair loss.

Gaz121

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone here have problems taking the 2mg Estrofem / Estradiol pills via the sublingual or bucal method?

When I place it under my tongue, it mixes with saliva and I end up swallowing the saliva containing the dissolved pill. When I place it between my cheek and gums, gravity takes effect and after about 30 - 60 minutes, it ends up going all over my teeth and again I end up swallowing it. Anyone here have the same problem?

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone here have problems taking the 2mg Estrofem / Estradiol pills via the sublingual or bucal method?

When I place it under my tongue, it mixes with saliva and I end up swallowing the saliva containing the dissolved pill. When I place it between my cheek and gums, gravity takes effect and after about 30 - 60 minutes, it ends up going all over my teeth and again I end up swallowing it. Anyone here have the same problem?

I had that issue, especially within sublingual use. I put mine between my cheek and gum on the bottom left side, since gravity won't have an effect. I find it greatly easy to use that way, without issues.

DHTcel

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why the bones?
Coz i am recovering from an ilizarov surgery(for limb lengthening, and I am scared that estrogen might hamper my consolidation, since I am prescribed a nandrolone 25mg shot a week for callous growth)

Do you think trying one or both of these could be bad for the bones?
If anything estrogen will help you with bone mineral density.. Nandrolone converts into estradiol too and if it didn't it would not have been prescribed to you.

Enzymes can cause predominate estrogenic activity in specific locations while leaving the overall system androgenic. This is why some of testosterone effects are really from estrogen because estradiol is a metabolite of testosterone. Men who take aromatase inhibitors have high T but thier bones suffer cause estradiol is the most important for bones and you do not need androgenic hormones if you have high E levels.

for example, bicalutimide is not associated with osteoporosis because even though it blocks adrogen receptors it increases estradiol.
cyproterone taken alone does put you at risk for osteoporosis or bone loss because it lowers both testosterone and estradiol.

So, if you do take cyproterone you need to supplement enough estradiol (at least in lower range female levels) to prevent long term bone issues

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
When would I expect to see definite regrowth?
I would say your situation has definitely improved and regrown some already.. however, nobody can ever expect a guarantee for regrowth and even then there's always a good chance it may not come back all the way.

maybe it will take 2 years (or even longer?) for maximum effect
Screen-Shot-2018-01-28-at-5.56.15-PM.png

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you suggest I start off with to enter the hormonal route ?
If you go the cypro route: 50mg cyproterone EV plus 3.5mg estradiol ( 2mg buccal pill and 1.5mg topical gel ) while staying on dutasteride and oral min.

alternatively, you could try bica (I have not yet tried it )

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Autophagy is essential for maintaining the growth of a human (mini-)organ: Evidence from scalp hair follicle organ culture.
Parodi C1, Hardman JA2, Allavena G1, et al.
Autophagy plays a crucial role in health and disease, regulating central cellular processes such as adaptive stress responses, differentiation, tissue development, and homeostasis. However, the role of autophagy in human physiology is poorly understood, highlighting a need for a model human organ system to assess the efficacy and safety of strategies to therapeutically modulate autophagy. As a complete, cyclically remodelled (mini-)organ, the organ culture of human scalp hair follicles (HFs), which, after massive growth (anagen), spontaneously enter into an apoptosis-driven organ involution (catagen) process, may provide such a model. Here, we reveal that in anagen, hair matrix keratinocytes (MKs) of organ-cultured HFs exhibit an active autophagic flux, as documented by evaluation of endogenous lipidated Light Chain 3B (LC3B) and sequestosome 1 (SQSTM1/p62) proteins and the ultrastructural visualization of autophagosomes at all stages of the autophagy process. This autophagic flux is altered during catagen, and genetic inhibition of autophagy promotes catagen development. Conversely, an anti-hair loss product markedly enhances intrafollicular autophagy, leading to anagen prolongation. Collectively, our data reveal a novel role of autophagy in human hair growth. Moreover, we show that organ-cultured scalp HFs are an excellent preclinical research model for exploring the role of autophagy in human tissue physiology and for evaluating the efficacy and tissue toxicity of candidate autophagy-modulatory agents in a living human (mini-)organ.
PMID: 29590104

revivemycurls

My Regimen
Reaction score
thanks for replying bridge, could you tell me the dosage for EV as well? and are these daily dosages or eod/weekly?

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In my opinion, it's a personal decision... When it comes to one being used alone, I would go for bicalutamide since that will provide sufficient results. CPA used on its own will halt hair loss, but the likelihood of regrowth is insignificant since it lowers E. On the other hand, since bicalutamide raises E sufficiently, you will halt hair loss and you will experience regrowth.

Personally, I believe bicalutamide is the better option due to its sustainability. It has a greater safety profile, in which you can assume that it can be used in the long-term. CPA has a questionable safety profile, considering with prolonged use it has the possibility to cause meningioma, prolactinoma and hepatic incidences.

Where you get your bica from mate.
And do you feel as though you seen any benefits since you’ve been on it.
Cheers

revivemycurls

My Regimen
Reaction score
Enzymes can cause predominate estrogenic activity in specific locations while leaving the overall system androgenic. This is why some of testosterone effects are really from estrogen because estradiol is a metabolite of testosterone.
Does this mean that even though Nandrolone is used as a mediatory while conversion of T to estrodiol, taking nandrolone would make the system T dominant, which is bad?

Regarding T dominance, as I read you said T is like jumping which does not hurt, its the DHT that causes the hurt, so by taking nandrolone and using a stronger DHT inhibitor could I still achieve the same?

Hormone-conversion cycle, balance/imbalance kinda confuses me :/