Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Jesse Navarro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yeah having clear skin is a nice side effect but I still have to shave as much as I used to. Ive allready changed my shampoo routine actually, now I only shampoo once or twice a week since my hair doesent get oily and itchy anymore. I dont really think something like a dry scalp is going to change anything. We are fundamentally changing things on a such a deep level that I dont think a dry scalp will have any affect on our results. There are plenty of people with danfruff and dry scalps that have full heads of hair. Minoxidil dries the sh*t out of peoples scalps and those same people sometimes get massive regrowth. I wouldnt worry about it if I were you.

By the way why dont you want to be on an AA? Being slow is just going to delay whatever effects you will get good or bad. Im taking 1 to 1.5 mg of estradiol and 12.5 mg of cypro. I really think this is the ideal dosage. Ive been on this stuff for 4 and a half months now and everything still works downstairs, my libido has actually been getting stronger lately and I still get random erections and morning wood sometimes.

Heres a little warning about gyno I have for you. You will be able to tell when its happening because your nipples will start hurting on and off all day and if you get hit there it will hurt alot. The only time my gyno got worse is when it coincided with the pain. So now I know when to dial back. I took a week off of estrogen and cypro and my gyno improved and the pain went away. Since Ive resumed the gyno hasnt got any worse and the pain hasnt returned meanwhile my hair has continued to improve. So next time it hurts on and off all day I will take some time off again.
Thanks! I wont worry about dry scalp. That was onde of reasons i didnt want to add AA this time. My scalp was very dry, i thought it was because of this i didnt see any results. Now I think i should have to wait longer. Thanks for the advice.

Jesse Navarro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One more question, sorry, do you take 12,5 every day (cutting the pill four times) or you take 25 day in day out (cutting only one). Do you think it will make a difference one way or another?

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One more question, sorry, do you take 12,5 every day (cutting the pill four times) or you take 25 day in day out (cutting only one). Do you think it will make a difference one way or another?

I cut the pill in quarters and take 12.5 mg everyday. I don't think it will matter if you take 25 every other day or 12.5 everyday because hormone levels change slowly and it takes days sometimes up to week for things to dip up or down so skipping one day should be fine. I just find it easier to remember to take it when Im on it everyday.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
ok so when your gyno developped, you felt some pain?
I cut the pill in quarters and take 12.5 mg everyday. I don't think it will matter if you take 25 every other day or 12.5 everyday because hormone levels change slowly and it takes days sometimes up to week for things to dip up or down so skipping one day should be fine. I just find it easier to remember to take it when Im on it everyday.

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ok bro but what is your opinion on this study which say that raloxifen cause frontal fibrosis alopecia? because it target oestradiol receptor at the hairline!

It can cause alopecia in women but is extremely rare. I've read countless accounts from guys online using ralox for gyno and none of them complained about hair loss. I'm not going to be scared off by this one study.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey welcome back! I remember you from some older thread where we were trying estriol I think. Anyways yeah applying on the scalp is probably best but you cant apply it all there because estrogel needs to be spread out over a large surface area of skin. On the bottle it says it should be spread out over a surface 4 hands wide so your scalp just isnt a large enough surface. If you ever buy it just read the instructions.

I know you must be desperate to come back here because this was a last resort for all of us. This is all about prorities Its about whether or not you would rather have great hair and some gyno or no hair and no gyno because make no mistake about it if you go down this road there will be some gyno. Its unavoidable. It comes down to will you be able to look yourself in the mirror when your bald one day and be okay with it. I know I could never be fully happy bald so this is an easy choice for me. You have to figure that out for yourself. And if worst case senario You do get really bad gyno you can always get surgury to remove it and then you will have perfect looking hair and chest. So far for me Its been worth it Ive been on this stuff for 4 months now and its the only thing that has ever regrown hair for me. The best part is just not having to constantly worry about my hair getting worse and worse. I used to read online for hours a day about hair loss but since starting this stuff I dont obsess about it anymore. I just know its doing its job and slowly improving. If you want to be cautious just try spironolactone or cypro by itself. Some people have reported great results from those alone. So good luck to you whatever you decide.
Hey,
I’m starting estrogel today. How about mixing in a mL of minoxidil solution for easier administration to the whole scalp?

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey,
I’m starting estrogel today. How about mixing in a mL of minoxidil solution for easier administration to the whole scalp?

Welcome aboard! Unfortunately adding minoxidil won't alter the way your skin absorbs estrogel. Just apply half to your scalp and half to your stomach or arms. What dosage are you starting at and are you taking an AA as well?

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the response! So 1 pump of Estrogel is 0.75 mg of estradiol. I'm thinking of either half a dose or a full dose each night.
What dose have you had success with? Do you use it daily?
I'm on 1 mg of finasteride and minoxidil.

Last edited:

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Unfortunately adding minoxidil won't alter the way your skin absorbs estrogel. Just apply half to your scalp and half to your stomach or arms. What dosage are you starting at and are you taking an AA as well?
Also, should I be prepared for my dick to stop working with Estrogel? I'm okay with a little gyno if results are good.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It just keeps getting better. For my self I've finally noticed some new hairs comming in and my temples are getting more fuzzy coverage. My hair is looking better each day I just want to thank you again, youve been my inspiration from the beginning. There is a good chance I might have been bald right now if it wanst for you. I think I'm going to remain on a more conservative regamin. When the wind doesent screw up my hair it looks really good so I'm just hoping for a slow and steady increase in growth on a lower dose of everything. Im actualy thinking of reducing my estradiol dose back to 1.5 mg just to be safe. I'm hoping that will be enough to continue improving my hair without getting much gyno. I know my hair wont reach peak levels like yours on a lower dose but Its enough for me to just have it thicken up and look well again.
Been mining threads for a reasonable starting dose of estradiol. Does 0.75 mg/day seem like a good starting point, hopefully low enough to avoid gyno. Also, I put one dose (1 pump) onto my scalp; no problem rubbing it all in. Any reason to not do it this way?
Thanks!!

Last edited:

Dayday

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The half life of estrogel is 36 hours. I would start with a lower dose a couple of times a week and see how your body tolerates it first. I think bridgey started with 0.75mg.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
It can cause alopecia in women but is extremely rare. I've read countless accounts from guys online using ralox for gyno and none of them complained about hair loss. I'm not going to be scared off by this one study.
I am quite perplex bro; i think that raloxifen as A serm really target Oestradiol receptor everywhere , including the hairline . And men might be even more sensitve than women...
Maybe taking an AI is safer , because it doesn't target the receptor directly but rather decrease blood level.
But it has been proven that raloxifen is the more effective gyno treatment nowadays!

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
no It didn't appear to

also found this quote from Tubzy, a member of the swiss secret nazi forumn pgh

"PG approach just can help, but IMO doesn't work. No one literally, not one person had results even close to Swiss Temples (if you did come across someone pls let me know). Swiss temples didn't even get full regrowth hence why his blog has been inactive for like a year and 90% of results came from dutasteride but even than adding all the excess stuff to the protocol still couldn't bring him back despite what he says."
Hey Bridge-I've been following your story for a while-congrats on the success! You've given me hope:) I just started my Estrogel last night. I want to apply each dose to my whole scalp to take advantage of any local effect prior to systemic absorption. I couldn't really achieve broad coverage with the gel itself. How about mixing one pump of estrogel into 1 mL of neogenic, then applying this solution to the scalp? Seems like a solution of Estrogel would provide more scalp coverage than the gel.

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, should I be prepared for my dick to stop working with Estrogel? I'm okay with a little gyno if results are good.

No on a low dose like that your dick should still work fine. You will get gyno eventually so you will have to figure out when to cycle on and off to get what you want.

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am quite perplex bro; i think that raloxifen as A serm really target Oestradiol receptor everywhere , including the hairline . And men might be even more sensitve than women...
Maybe taking an AI is safer , because it doesn't target the receptor directly but rather decrease blood level.
But it has been proven that raloxifen is the more effective gyno treatment nowadays!

Well it has been proven to not target estradiol receptors everywhere because tens of thousands of women take raloxifene to reduce the risk of breast cancer and they do not report effects of low estrogen. Most of them go about their lives feeling the exact same as before. It has only been proven to block receptors at the breast. Doctors often recommend women who take Estradiol take ralox as well so what would the point be if they just cancel each other out.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well it has been proven to not target estradiol receptors everywhere because tens of thousands of women take raloxifene to reduce the risk of breast cancer and they do not report effects of low estrogen. Most of them go about their lives feeling the exact same as before. It has only been proven to block receptors at the breast. Doctors often recommend women who take Estradiol take ralox as well so what would the point be if they just cancel each other out.
If so, wonder why they don't / can't do the same with DHT inhibitors working on scalp hair receptors only.
Or E that only binds to hair follicles, I guess in this case E is not universally used to grow hair.

Maave

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ok bro but what is your opinion on this study which say that raloxifen cause frontal fibrosis alopecia? because it target oestradiol receptor at the hairline!
I'm not very convinced. Hair loss is known side effect of tamoxifen so it would be watched for in raloxifene users. If it is a side effect of raloxifene it's rare one. I'm not worried about it.

If so, wonder why they don't / can't do the same with DHT inhibitors working on scalp hair receptors only.

Or E that only binds to hair follicles, I guess in this case E is not universally used to grow hair.
These types of drugs are usually developed for cancer treatment so they target tissue like breast or prostate tissue. SARM are in development but hair isn't a concern to those companies. If we're lucky we'll get an anti-androgen that doesn't block receptors in the breast and doesn't block feedback of the HPG axis, that would fix the gyno issue.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
many of those women experiment alopecia...

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
many of those women experiment alopecia...

No many of those woman don't experience alopecia. It is so rare it was never even listed as a side effect. It wasn't until this study where they asked women with this specific form of alopecia their medical history and realized many of them were on hrt. It has taken decades to make this correlation because it is so rare.