Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

SaitamaSensei

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone here experimented with high doses of dutasteride (1 to 2 mg) to regrow hairline ?
will it help or has the opposite effect as people say it increases t and therefore will kill your hairline etc.

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Wolfpac. I noticed you used estriol before as you said it could be purchased without prescription. Is this true, if so where did you originally buy it? Cheers

I bought mine from amazon. But estriol without an anti androgen will pretty much do nothing.

Osprey

My Regimen
Reaction score
Derelict

No mate, meant estriol (the weaker estrogen). Thanks

Last edited:

Osprey

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wolfpac
Yes, it would be useless without an anti androgen. Was just curious as I wasn't aware it was available over the counter. If you mind what product did you use? Cheers

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was trying diane 35 (2 mg of cyproterone acetate and 0.035 mg of ethinyl estradiol) but I started developing gyno. Can I safely take tamoxifen along with diane 35 to avoid the gyno? Is tamoxifen safe for hair? Or should I consider raloxifene?
Also what are guys doing to minimize the risk of gyno?

From what ive read Raloxifene has way less side effects and works better to stop and prevent gyno. I am going to start taking Ralox in a couple of days while still taking cypro and estradiol so I let you know if it keeps it under control. There was one guy on this forum who was taking spironolactone and tamox at the same time and he said it worked to get rid of gyno but his hair gains stalled whenever he cycled on it. It worked out for him though because he got growth from spironolactone and would use tamox on and off to keep gyno under control. Rolaxifene works much diffirently in the body so there is a good chance that it will not slow hair growth like tamoxifen did for him.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
So how are you planning to cycle? Do you keep going on and off cypro? I just want my hair back while minimizing gyno so looking forward to see your updates.

Edit - I was looking at face changes due to hrt and from what I am seeing your face can become very femimine if you are on estrogen. Is that a huge risk? I have a nice beard. Will it fall out due to the estrogen?
I think you would have to be on high doses of E to see major changes, and the changes would mostly come in skin softness, smoothness and lightness. Gotta experiment with dose and see where you want to draw the line.

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So how are you planning to cycle? Do you keep going on and off cypro? I just want my hair back while minimizing gyno so looking forward to see your updates.

Edit - I was looking at face changes due to hrt and from what I am seeing your face can become very femimine if you are on estrogen. Is that a huge risk? I have a nice beard. Will it fall out due to the estrogen?

I plan to stay on cypro and 1 mg estradiol while taking raloxifene.

Your facial hair won't be affected much by estrogen, it will grow a little slower and maybe thin out a little bit but you should be able to keep the beard. Ive been on hrt for 4 and a half months now and I have to admit that my face has already feminized a bit. My face has softened and even my eyes and lips seem diffirent. Lukily for me I all ready looked young and a little feminine so I don't think people have noticed. If your in your 30s or older it will be more noticable because your starting point will be much more masculine. Our faces shouldn't change near as much as someone on a full trans dosage. In your case the changes won't be as noticeable with a beard. I actually grew my beard out in preparation for hrt so when I noticed changes I shaved the beard so people would think any change was just because they hadn't seen me without a beard for awhile.

Maave

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was trying diane 35 (2 mg of cyproterone acetate and 0.035 mg of ethinyl estradiol) but I started developing gyno. Can I safely take tamoxifen along with diane 35 to avoid the gyno? Is tamoxifen safe for hair? Or should I consider raloxifene?
Also what are guys doing to minimize the risk of gyno?

@bridgeburn - I see you are taking diane 35 only once a week. Any reason behind that? I am taking it four times a week and have developed gyno in my left breast. Do you think 4 times a week is too much?
Raloxifene is safer. Tamoxifen has a chance of causing hair loss in women when used for breast cancer treatment. There's also the possibility of brain fog (cognitive deficit).

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4864803/
A retrospective questioning of the patients with BC regarding this therapeutic issue has revealed that approximately 25 % of the patients receiving ET experience hair loss or thinning

A much lower dose might be outperformed by a good anti-androgen. Ein takes bicalutamide and occasionally tamoxifen with positive results. But if you can get raloxifene it's safer for your hair, more effective at preventing gyno, and doesn't cause brain fog.

source for being more effective at preventing gyno:
Beneficial effects of raloxifene and tamoxifen in the treatment of pubertal gynecomastia.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/15238910/
a greater proportion had a significant decrease (>50%) with raloxifene (86%) than tamoxifen (41%)

I'm starting bicalutamide in a couple days and I'll be starting raloxifene in about a month. (Bicalutamide takes several weeks to reach peak blood levels so the month of bica alone shouldn't be an issue). I'll be sure to post results in a couple months.

Last edited:

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm starting bicalutamide in a couple days and I'll be starting raloxifene in about a month. (Bicalutamide takes several weeks to reach peak blood levels so the month of bica alone shouldn't be an issue). I'll be sure to post results in a couple months.

Great post Maave! thats some great information you found there, Its awesome and reasuring to see how much safer raloxifene is for hair than tamoxifene. Its nice to have more people onboard to test this along with. I went to the pharmacy today but they ran out of raloxifene so I will be starting it on thursday now. Raloxifene sounds incredibly promising. Good luck with everything.

By the way your first link leads to an error page for me.

Maave

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great post Maave! thats some great information you found there, Its awesome and reasuring to see how much safer raloxifene is for hair than tamoxifene. Its nice to have more people onboard to test this along with. I went to the pharmacy today but they ran out of raloxifene so I will be starting it on thursday now. Raloxifene sounds incredibly promising. Good luck with everything.

By the way your first link leads to an error page for me.
Thanks!

Oops, I've fixed the link now

Jesse Navarro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One of the things i liked the most was not having to shave all the time, and the perfect skin.

nWo Wolfpac, do you plan to change your routine or shmpoo while on AA and estradiol? Do you think excesive dry scalp can cause the good results not show?

I'm currently on 1mg estradiol pill and 1,4 oestrogel. No AA. Trying to be slow on the return.

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
One of the things i liked the most was not having to shave all the time, and the perfect skin.

nWo Wolfpac, do you plan to change your routine or shmpoo while on AA and estradiol? Do you think excesive dry scalp can cause the good results not show?

I'm currently on 1mg estradiol pill and 1,4 oestrogel. No AA. Trying to be slow on the return.

yeah having clear skin is a nice side effect but I still have to shave as much as I used to. Ive allready changed my shampoo routine actually, now I only shampoo once or twice a week since my hair doesent get oily and itchy anymore. I dont really think something like a dry scalp is going to change anything. We are fundamentally changing things on a such a deep level that I dont think a dry scalp will have any affect on our results. There are plenty of people with danfruff and dry scalps that have full heads of hair. Minoxidil dries the sh*t out of peoples scalps and those same people sometimes get massive regrowth. I wouldnt worry about it if I were you.

By the way why dont you want to be on an AA? Being slow is just going to delay whatever effects you will get good or bad. Im taking 1 to 1.5 mg of estradiol and 12.5 mg of cypro. I really think this is the ideal dosage. Ive been on this stuff for 4 and a half months now and everything still works downstairs, my libido has actually been getting stronger lately and I still get random erections and morning wood sometimes.

Heres a little warning about gyno I have for you. You will be able to tell when its happening because your nipples will start hurting on and off all day and if you get hit there it will hurt alot. The only time my gyno got worse is when it coincided with the pain. So now I know when to dial back. I took a week off of estrogen and cypro and my gyno improved and the pain went away. Since Ive resumed the gyno hasnt got any worse and the pain hasnt returned meanwhile my hair has continued to improve. So next time it hurts on and off all day I will take some time off again.