Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
this is crazy the power of oestradiol in combination with low T
me when i was on fina , one time my E2 were really high ( 62 pg/ml), but i didn't get any regrowth ; because my total test was high .
I think that if we knew the exact agonist and antagonist action of raloxifen , we could take such a "transgender regimen" without risking the infamous gyno .

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@bridgeburn

Congratulations!

After looking at your hair journey, I'm starting to regret my choice to
quit topical estrogen.

Last edited:

whatintheworld

Reaction score
I suppose this thread has some empirical value for posters, but OP, why did you not just get on finasteride and minoxidil and save for a hair transplant?

Yes, the transplant wouldn't likely be as good aesthetically, but look at the price you've had to pay to get your results. Your face has been feminized and the long term prognosis of using all these drugs is dubious at best.

Nevertheless, if you choose to continue down this road, I wish you only good luck and I hope this will be sustainable for you.

Jesse Navarro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bridgeburn i have the same patch of hair than you on your temples, forming 1 cm below my hairline. All pigmented already. Besides that i have long, not vellus hair anymore, blond hair (i'm not blond), grwing all over my temples. But above this new forming hair, my hairline is more thin. I had a shed, hope it's over, for two months. Do you think it's possible that you lose hair in some parts and begin to recover in another parts, and that all these will eventually become equal? Or i'm fucked, will continually lose above the temples?

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@bridgeburn

Congratulations!

After looking at your hair journey, I'm starting to regret my choice to
quit topical estrogen.

You should grow your hair long again.

You definitely have enough density to pull it off.

But Ive read that high estrogen or estrogen dominance leads to hairloss in men. I think topical estrogen will only work if you lower testosterone as well.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
But Ive read that high estrogen or estrogen dominance leads to hairloss in men. I think topical estrogen will only work if you lower testosterone as well.
Never heard of such a thing. Estrogen = Good hair and Testosterone/DHT =, Bad hair. A basic science.

Ruby

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
HRT doesn't work for everyone. It failed to save my hair. I have to wear wigs now, forever. But I am glad I started HRT and transitioned. So far it has been the greatest adventure of my life, not all good, not all bad, but *intense*. It made me feel alive again. Looking back, I've had gender identity issues since at least 8 years old, and wanted to transition when I was 18 yrs old in 1980. Would've saved my hair for sure, but I'd probably be dead by now from any of 100 different reasons. Instead, I denied and overcompensated for the next 3.5 decades before caving in and saying f this s, I'm gonna transition now or die trying. I wasn't living anyway. Along the journey, I learned a lot of mind blowing things, most notably that I'm a chimera. Go google 46xx/xy chimera and have a read. Fascinating as hell, and explains a lot why I am like I am. Anyway, HRT didn't save my hair, but did grow me some nice titties and feminized the heck out of my face, erasing probably 15 years of age.
With a wig and half-*** makeup job, I actually look halfway pretty.... I think.
I just know I feel great about myself now.
These pics will probably blow your mind.
That's me before, and current. Not too shabby for 56 yrs old, eh?

. b4.jpg5E245AA9-D193-440F-AE65-33F96BEBB085.JPG

Last edited:

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
HRT doesn't work for everyone. It failed to save my hair. I have to wear wigs now, forever. But I am glad I started HRT and transitioned. So far it has been the greatest adventure of my life, not all good, not all bad, but *intense*. It made me feel alive again. Looking back, I've had gender identity issues since at least 8 years old, and wanted to transition when I was 18 yrs old in 1980. Would've saved my hair for sure, but I'd probably be dead by now from any of 100 different reasons. Instead, I denied and overcompensated for the next 3.5 decades before caving in and saying f this s, I'm gonna transition now or die trying. I wasn't living anyway. Along the journey, I learned a lot of mind blowing things, most notably that I'm a chimera. Go google 46xx/xy chimera and have a read. Fascinating as hell, and explains a lot why I am like I am. Anyway, HRT didn't save my hair, but did grow me some nice titties and feminized the heck out of my face, erasing probably 15 years of age.
With a wig and half-*** makeup job, I actually look halfway pretty.... I think.
I just know I feel great about myself now.
These pics will probably blow your mind.
That's me before, and current. Not too shabby for 56 yrs old, eh?

.View attachment 89900View attachment 89901
This warms my heart. I’m sorry that you felt you couldn’t truly be yourself for so long, but I’m happy that you finally found you could. You are beautiful <3

Last edited:

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
HRT does works for those who haven't been balding for decades, you probably got to a point where your follicles were completely dead, thats why you did not respond. Yeah some need higher doses than other but it does stop hairloss and reverse it if its not too far gone (unless you have a different type of alopecia to androgenic alopecia ofc). I think saying "HRT doesn't work for everyone" is a gross oversimplification, I think in your case it wasn't that HRT didn't work or wasn't responsive its just that the follicles were dead.
So far HRT isn't working for me and I'm almost 2 months in. Hair is still getting thinner and receding. Crown is starting to go now too :(
@Ruby When you said it didn't save your hair, do you mean you didn't grow any back but it stopped the rest from falling out or it just straight up didn't work and you kept on balding? Thanks.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
What are the risks? i was thinking of ordering oestrogel. Im only 4 months in to my finasteride but im thinking of adding it...damn this forum lol

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
What are the risks? i was thinking of ordering oestrogel. Im only 4 months in to my finasteride but im thinking of adding it...damn this forum lol
There aren't much risks with Oestrogel without using an anti androgen. I was using it for months before I got on Cyproterone and never had any side effects, not even gyno.

Dehydrotestostewronged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont understand. If he took high doses of estrogen to get his hair back, why cant he disocntinue estrogen and maintain with finasteride?

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont understand. If he took high doses of estrogen to get his hair back, why cant he disocntinue estrogen and maintain with finasteride?

Yeah thats what I have been wondering myself. He shouldnt have to be on it all year round, just enough to get regrowth which he got after 6 months and then lay off of it. He wont lose his new hair nearly as fast as he regrew it. I bet he coud take a year or two off from hormones and even without finasteride have only some thinning/receding and then resume treatment when it starts becoming noticeable to people. But he's too far gone for that im afraid. Hes said numerous times that hes obsessed with getting the best hair possible so I dont think he's ever going to stop.