Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
my orgasms actually feel way better on estrogen, but I do realize I'm a total weirdo lol
I don't think of you as a weirdo more of a Peter Pan(not an insult)!

Thanks for all your work on this, though i don't think its for me as I am past the age of redemption.

IamZhea

Reaction score
@bridgeburn this entire thread is amazing. It's been several months since I logged in but I had to get back on here to applaud the discourse in this thread. I absolutely adore your dissection of masculinity vs femininity. It's wonderful to hear about these nuances of gender and hormones that 99% of the world will never understand. It's especially interesting to hear it from a different perspective other than a transperson. Testosterone truly is the inferior hormone. I'm glad it exists though because I am super attracted to masculine guys that are pumping full of T and if they didn't exist... who would be there to carry me around?

That being said, I'm a transwoman and I had a near full recovery from a Norwood~3.5. It's fascinating seeing you talk about the other mental effects of estrogen. It's really such a beautiful and calm hormone compared to testosterone. I was gender non conforming all of my life so I'm a bit biased, but testosterone was absolutely disgusting. I honestly can not think of a single benefit testosterone gave me other than hyper competition.

Since being on HRT, I have easily lost 6 years of "age" on my appearance. Everybody always guesses 4-7 years younger than what I really am. My hairline has surged back to life and is starting to round off. My skin is way healthier (practicing skin care now too). It's so comfy. Your input on the whole gender, sexuality, and masc/fem philosophy is valuable. It's fascinating to hear a "cis male" speak with such hatred for testosterone.

Im not being sarcastic, I totally agree with bridge that testosterone is like poison and having literally none of it is a dream.

Testosterone is still a horrible hormone even if youre lucky enough not to be balding. It gives you acne and ugly body hair, it makes people tempermental and violent, it makes you horny all the time, gives horrible body odor etc. Estrogen is literally a million times better, it does the opposite of all the cons that testosterone arises. If men got to experience Estrogen I doubt anyone would want to go back to being full of testosterone.

This thread is soooo fun to read.

I also agree that if more males experienced what life is like on estrogen instead of testosterone they probably wouldn't switch back (don't let them know this though because the world needs beefy hunks).

Jesse Navarro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@bridgeburn this entire thread is amazing. It's been several months since I logged in but I had to get back on here to applaud the discourse in this thread. I absolutely adore your dissection of masculinity vs femininity. It's wonderful to hear about these nuances of gender and hormones that 99% of the world will never understand. It's especially interesting to hear it from a different perspective other than a transperson. Testosterone truly is the inferior hormone. I'm glad it exists though because I am super attracted to masculine guys that are pumping full of T and if they didn't exist... who would be there to carry me around?

That being said, I'm a transwoman and I had a near full recovery from a Norwood~3.5. It's fascinating seeing you talk about the other mental effects of estrogen. It's really such a beautiful and calm hormone compared to testosterone. I was gender non conforming all of my life so I'm a bit biased, but testosterone was absolutely disgusting. I honestly can not think of a single benefit testosterone gave me other than hyper competition.

Since being on HRT, I have easily lost 6 years of "age" on my appearance. Everybody always guesses 4-7 years younger than what I really am. My hairline has surged back to life and is starting to round off. My skin is way healthier (practicing skin care now too). It's so comfy. Your input on the whole gender, sexuality, and masc/fem philosophy is valuable. It's fascinating to hear a "cis male" speak with such hatred for testosterone.

I also agree that if more males experienced what life is like on estrogen instead of testosterone they probably wouldn't switch back (don't let them know this though because the world needs beefy hunks).

Hi! Do you mind me asking how long until you saw that you were recovering your hair and what was your regimen? Did you shed at the beginning?

IamZhea

Reaction score
Hi! Do you mind me asking how long until you saw that you were recovering your hair and what was your regimen? Did you shed at the beginning?

It took me probably 4 months on finasteride before I saw any progress. I started finasteride 2 months before my HRT. I did shed and it was very scary but it didn't last long.

@IamZhea ; what is your exact regimen ?

Finasteride 5 mg ED (only cause this is how the pharmacy gives them to me and I'm too lazy to cut them up lol)
spironolactone 75 mg every 12 hours (getting orchi in 1 month)
Estradiol 2.5 mg every 12 hours
Progesterone 100mg, 12 days on, 18 days off.
Biotin 10,000 mcg.

Been on finasteride for 25 months, HRT for 23 months, progesterone for 5 months. I saw the biggest gains when I introduced Progesterone probably.

Picture is about 2 months old. It's not perfect yet but I'm at this point I'm just thankful. Gonna ride this growth out for another 2 years and see where I end up. Then I'll decide if I need to do something else or if I need to be more aggressive.

Attachments

• my hair gains.png
    my hair gains.png
    623.9 KB · Views: 1,138

SaitamaSensei

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m a testosterone fueled beast and can say it feels damn good to feel violence.. that primal urge to just hump and pump you get in the gym, feel like im cummin day and night.

Last edited:

kawnshawn

Established Member
Reaction score
Question for you guys who are going this route with anti-androgen's. A few months back I got on oral spironolactone around 100mg and then bumped it down to 50mg a day. I have tried nearly everything and this is the only thing that has worked, the issue is I have insane ball ache and they have shrunk. I've tried insane doses of enzalutamide I had tested and that didn't even work. In your opinion is it worth getting on any of the estrogen stuff?

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
hey everyone, I haven't really been too active on here recently cause i haven't been worrying about my as much hair these days. I'll post updates when i feel like it and try to reply to everyone whenever.

I want to try this but I dont want to get gyno. does any one know if taking tamoxifen a pill which is known to stop gyno, would also stop the estrogen from growing back hair?
try it if you want but it may be risky. I heard raloxifene is a safer Serm though when it comes to hair. you could also just get the gyno and have it removed with surgery.

I can confirm.
And nipples feel really good toi. I miss that treatment for that. I was even more gay.
Still totally straight,?
I'm glad someone else admitted this too, I guess I should finally admit the nipples do feel really pleasurable and thats the main reason why i dont want to get gyno surgery. lol.
No, it hasn't made me gay. but its made me sappy and recently I don't feel much attraction to anyone unless they are someone special.

bridge have you tried something like this - herbal estrogen. Saw it at Shoppers Drug Mart and seems to get
good reviews here:

https://www.amazon.com/Estroven-Maximum-Strength-120-Caplets/dp/B00916P5EU#customerReviews

Might this be something good to try in low
phytoestrogens are weak compared to the real thing. Youd probably need to take a lot for a good effect. But you can try, it could help of you happen to be an equol producer. If not, try Estriol instead which should have less sides than what i take.

nWo Wolfpac

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
bridgeburn thanks for replying. Right now im taking just estriol and progesterone topically. Do you think these 2 without any anti androgens could work if I take high enough doses? and what dose do you think would be neccesary to achive results? also i'm not sleeping very well could that be from not having the right balance of estriol and progesterone?

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
@bridgeburn this entire thread is amazing. It's been several months since I logged in but I had to get back on here to applaud the discourse in this thread. I absolutely adore your dissection of masculinity vs femininity. It's wonderful to hear about these nuances of gender and hormones that 99% of the world will never understand.
Thanks, I'm glad you enjoy the thread :) It really is a crazy journey. When I started I had no idea I would get so deep into gender stuff or how radically affected I'd become.
Testosterone truly is the inferior hormone. I'm glad it exists though because I am super attracted to masculine guys that are pumping full of T and if they didn't exist... who would be there to carry me around?
It doesn't make every guy like that. Even when I was full of testosterone, I wasnt super masculine. least not in the good way, I have a pretty small bone structure, am an ectomorph and my metabolism was extremely high before Hrt. I could not gain much weight at all even when i tried eating a ton. I was active too yet was hard to gain much muscle even when i did gain some strength.
Testosterone just wasn't meant for people like me. It works for some particular guys with the right combination of every other naturally masculine traits.
I also agree that if more males experienced what life is like on estrogen instead of testosterone they probably wouldn't switch back
It is kinda hard to believe that everyone doesn't want to be filled with estrogen Lol, but still I'm not so sure this is true cause other guys on this forumn have used estrogen, and many stop eventually or try to maintain without it later. I think it's particularly gyno above everything that makes them stop and it would probably freak most guys out if they had the level of gyno that I do. Most are taking lower doses than trans level doses though, so possible they aren't getting the full experience, but still I was on low doses too at first but kept craving more.
Been on finasteride for 25 months, HRT for 23 months, progesterone for 5 months. I saw the biggest gains when I introduced Progesterone probably.
I'm thinking about trying progesterone too. It should give me more neurosteriods which i probably need since im on dutasteride. But i have some concern like Hilltop does, It also can potentially turn into many things depending on what enzymes it reaches so im a bit leary... o_O
Steroidogenesis.svg.png

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Question for you guys who are going this route with anti-androgen's. A few months back I got on oral spironolactone around 100mg and then bumped it down to 50mg a day. I have tried nearly everything and this is the only thing that has worked, the issue is I have insane ball ache and they have shrunk. I've tried insane doses of enzalutamide I had tested and that didn't even work. In your opinion is it worth getting on any of the estrogen stuff?
well, if you dont want ball ache and shrunken balls then estrogen might be a problem for you.. although my balls surprisingly dont seem much smaller.
bridgeburn thanks for replying. Right now im taking just estriol and progesterone topically. Do you think these 2 without any anti androgens could work if I take high enough doses? and what dose do you think would be neccesary to achive results? also i'm not sleeping very well could that be from not having the right balance of estriol and progesterone?
That should definitely help. Although I cant say what dose you need cause it depends on every person and how aggressive/developed your hairloss is. Progesterone is known to help sleep actually.

kawnshawn

Established Member
Reaction score
well, if you dont want ball ache and shrunken balls then estrogen might be a problem for you.. although my balls surprisingly dont seem much smaller.

That should definitely help. Although I cant say what dose you need cause it depends on every person and how aggressive/developed your hairloss is. Progesterone is known to help sleep actually.
You're regimen is suprisling close to what a trans woman would take to transition, you don't notice your skin has feminized in anyway at all?

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're regimen is suprisling close to what a trans woman would take to transition, you don't notice your skin has feminized in anyway at all?
My regimen at the moment is what a transwoman would take. or even more than some actually. I want to murder all my androgens and grow Godlike hair. Yes, my skin is softer and healthier. People just think Im a young guy though.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just a general question -
As males age, their T level declines and E level rises. Why then they do not regrow lonst hairs?
Well because it’s not like taking hormonal treatment. Usually all sex hormones become suppressed as we age, so it’s not like T levels are hugely lower than E levels
Like when you take antiandrogens with estrogen.

Jesse Navarro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The shedding continues. My hairline is suffering. Scary. But on the other hand i can see vellus hair all over my temples filling them completely. Big ones that i can see in almost every light. Should i be happy or desperate?