Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Ests13

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi thereeee, am I the only one who noticed to shed more when starting hrt? lol male pattern baldness is subtle af I’m so f*****g tired of it

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi thereeee, am I the only one who noticed to shed more when starting hrt? lol male pattern baldness is subtle af I’m so f*****g tired of it
When did you start and what type of hrt are we talking about?

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1.5ish month ago, I’m taking progynova 2mg sublingual, duta, spironolactone and loniten. (Of course minoxidil and hair supplements too)
loniten and spironolactone sounds like a pretty safe bet for the cause of your temporary shed. Although, every one of these drugs you take can cause shedding tbh

Last edited:

Ests13

My Regimen
Reaction score
loniten and spironolactone sounds like a pretty safe bet for the cause of your temporary shed
funny thing is that I’ve been taking them since 2020, progynova is the “new entry” and now I’m shedding, which is ironic

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hormonal imbalance causes shed. The good news is that hair usually regrow stronger as long as: you keep good blood serum levels to create an environment favorable to hair growth, you block enough DHT to slow or stop Androgenetic Alopecia. Since you didn't share any blood levels or dosage of your regimen, it's hard to guess what will happen.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
funny thing is that I’ve been taking them since 2020, progynova is the “new entry” and now I’m shedding, which is ironic
Nothing to do with irony. It's a normal reaction. It's incredible that you took spironolactone without E2 because as an AA you lowered your T and kept E2 low. Since 2020, you were the worse part of a female (with low E) and the worse part of a man (with low T). Who is your doctor?

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i lose a lot of hairs daily even though i have 0 T. It can be worrying, but it grows back regardless

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Losing hair daily (up to 100s) is okay as long as they don't miniaturise. That's the difference between shedding and balding, something many people on this forum have difficultly understanding.

Ests13

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nothing to do with irony. It's a normal reaction. It's incredible that you took spironolactone without E2 because as an AA you lowered your T and kept E2 low. Since 2020, you were the worse part of a female (with low E) and the worse part of a man (with low T). Who is your doctor?
Well, I don’t feel like talking about my doctor, simply because I hate him. Back to when I was taking spironolactone without E2, my hair loss kinda stopped and quality improved, so this is why I’m sort of concerned about shedding once introducing E2. I know it’s working, cause I’m shedding body hair and my libido is close to 0.

Ests13

My Regimen
Reaction score
Losing hair daily (up to 100s) is okay as long as they don't miniaturise. That's the difference between shedding and balding, something many people on this forum have difficultly understanding.
I know what the difference is, I mean, I’ve been trying to treat hair loss since 17, it’s just that seeing my hairline worse than months ago gets me worried, and being worried leads to anxiety.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your libido was prob close to zero on spironolactone alone but that's okay. Now you finally bought in the 3 part of HRT with E2, so you are on your way to gyno, fat redistribution and other goodies to transition. Hopefully hair regrowth is a by product of all of that.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
I know what the difference is, I mean, I’ve been trying to treat hair loss since 17, it’s just that seeing my hairline worse than months ago gets me worried, and being worried leads to anxiety.
If the hair line is going the way of the dodo then I am afraid to report that's not a good sign. Usually shedding happens as a diffused pattern much like women do. Your temples are probably part of the damage too? Those are the most DHT prone balding areas.

How much spironolactone and E2 are you on?

Ests13

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your libido was prob close to zero on spironolactone alone but that's okay. Now you finally bought in the 3 part of HRT with E2, so you are on your way to gyno, fat redistribution and other goodies to transition. Hopefully hair regrowth is a by product of all of that.
I already got gyno with duta alone lol, I’m pretty optimistic the hair I’m shedding will come back thicker and stronger, but I wasn’t expecting to shed at all! Plus, it may be just me, but autumn months are the ones in which I shed more, but I heard that seasonal shedding is bro science.

Ests13

My Regimen
Reaction score
If the hair line is going the way of the dodo then I am afraid to report that's not a good sign. Usually shedding happens as a diffused pattern much like women do. Your temples are probably part of the damage too? Those are the most DHT prone balding areas.

I’m losing hair from all over my head, my hairline is the most noticeable area ‘cause I’ve been losing hair since 17.

Ests13

My Regimen
Reaction score

100mg spironolactone and 2mg progynova once a day

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
I already got gyno with duta alone lol, I’m pretty optimistic the hair I’m shedding will come back thicker and stronger, but I wasn’t expecting to shed at all! Plus, it may be just me, but autumn months are the ones in which I shed more, but I heard that seasonal shedding is bro science.
You are half of the typical spironolactone dosage and very low on E2. E2 half life sucks so you may want to cut your pills in 4 and take it at regular intervals.

Again, watching your hairline disappear is a very bad sign. Shedding doesn't focus on one area. You are probably balding while shedding too. If you have a doctor, get blood tests and check for DHT too. Getting zero T production from gonadal doesn't mean the two other pathways are not kicking in to produce DHT.

EDIT: spironolactone is a weak AA even at 200mg. You are half of that. Since you are using spironolactone, I assume you are in the US? Switching to Bica would be a reasonable choice. Keeping on spironolactone while taking Bica for one month to build up, then dropping spironolactone. You will get a much better AA and much better T->E conversion.

Last edited:

Ests13

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are half of the typical spironolactone dosage and very low on E2. E2 half life sucks so you may want to cut your pills in 4 and take it at regular intervals.

Again, watching your hairline disappear is a very bad sign. Shedding doesn't focus on one area. You are probably balding while shedding too. If you have a doctor, get blood tests and check for DHT too. Getting zero T production from gonadal doesn't mean the two other pathways are not kicking in to produce DHT.
Is it even possible a little such as progynova? Cause they’re really, really smal.
I thought taking duta would remove all the 98% out of my body.

Anyway, the fact is that my hairline is still intact, but density decreased all over my head and it is more noticeable in the hairline ‘cause I already lost some when I was younger due to MBP.

Ests13

My Regimen
Reaction score

EDIT: spironolactone is a weak AA even at 200mg. You are half of that. Since you are using spironolactone, I assume you are in the US? Switching to Bica would be a reasonable choice. Keeping on spironolactone while taking Bica for one month to build up, then dropping spironolactone. You will get a much better AA and much better T->E conversion.
I’m from Italy actually, so that’s why general knowledge about hrt sucks

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Duta can go up to 95% reduction of DHT in the BLOOD SERUM. In the SCALP, it's a total different picture. There are studies showing that biopsies reveal more like 65%. Taking a blood test reveals only BLOOD serum. It's what gets to the Hair Follicles that matters.