Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's some examples of temple difference
PhotoCollage_20210131_220346785.jpg
PhotoCollage_20210131_220146930.jpg

deathdiss

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
ive personally been using keto cream, bi estro, peppermint oil, rosemary oil and emu oil. i also do a hardcore diet high in healthy fats and veggies/carbs etc.

and agressive microneedling 2.5mm per week. im taking 1 month off because it's mentally exhausting. i've recovered 90% of my hairline but i just cant get it to 100% close like u have which is really impressive.

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ah that's freaking amazing a full recovery.

and yeah dairy is a disease that must be avoided. I also avoid fake food like pasta, bread etc.

i have to look into retin A. is it similar to regular stuff like minoxidil that if u use it and stop u lose hair gains?
retin a (tretinoin) isn't a hair growth stimulant in itself. It only works in conjuction with minoxidil because it increases the amount of sulfatransferase on your scalp, which in turn increases the efficacy of minoxidil due to that enzyme's necessity in converting minoxidil to its active form, minoxidil-sulfate

deathdiss

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
retin a (tretinoin) isn't a hair growth stimulant in itself. It only works in conjuction with minoxidil because it increases the amount of sulfatransferase on your scalp, which in turn increases the efficacy of minoxidil due to that enzyme's necessity in converting minoxidil to its active form, minoxidil-sulfate

i have to look into getting this. amazing.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is retin-a still beneficial with oral minoxidil? Or do you think that would be a waste?
I have no way to evaluate empirically due to the overlap in terms of how retin-A and oral minoxidil promote the requisite enzyme. I think that retin-A could have youthful skin effects on the scalp in addition to promoting sulfurtransferase. I mix the retin-A in with the Estrogel and apply it to my face and hairline and crown and then I apply topical minoxidil and comb and brush it all in. Retin-A might help with scarring as does Estrogel so it might be indicated for those who have had transplants in terms of healing the donor area and helping the newly moved follicles to lie flat and blend in properly.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Any before pics of ur hair?
I used to read ur posts a year ago when i was a lurker. But i never saw ur baseline pics.
There's one above that they posted but it is probably from early to mid-transition. It's a funny thing about recovery. Once you get there, you almost want to exaggerate how bald you used to be since it makes the story better.

King Norwood

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There's one above that they posted but it is probably from early to mid-transition. It's a funny thing about recovery. Once you get there, you almost want to exaggerate how bald you used to be since it makes the story better.
Oh yes i didn't see that thanks. Hope u get similar recovery. Though im not willing to take such drastic measures myself I've been interested in the effects of HRT on hair loss since last year.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh yes i didn't see that thanks. Hope u get similar recovery. Though im not willing to take such drastic measures myself I've been interested in the effects of HRT on hair loss since last year.
I think that I have been working at this more actively. This is sort of an orphan success thread. I still need to post my pics for today since it has been three weeks but I have been posting regular pics of my recovery from complete baldness. It will be tough to come close to KCMB, though. What a head of hair.

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Couple things. I go by she (which I never explicitly stated so I understand why you would default to gender neutral pronouns).

But moreover, why do you think I exaggerated??? I posted old pics (which aren't exactly flattering and I would soon rather forget) to provide an accurate comparison.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Couple things. I go by she (which I never explicitly stated so I understand why you would default to gender neutral pronouns).

But moreover, why do you think I exaggerated??? I posted old pics (which aren't exactly flattering and I would soon rather forget) to provide an accurate comparison.
Yeah. I picked up the impersonal "they" after a lifetime of grammar saying 'he or she". Duly noted as she which I am officially as well but as non-binary, I more so eschew pronouns.

I wasn't talking about you. I was talking about myself. Since I had a massive shed (just posted some pics of it here:https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...t-and-pictorial-posts-prove-it.130425/page-23) I am uncertain whether or not I can claim a "full recovery" from "horseshoe baldness" or whether I need to use my 54 year old hairline that is pretty eh but still mostly covered.