Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"The affinity of bicalutamide for the AR is approximately 30 to 100 times lower than that of DHT (IC50 ≈ 3.8 nM), the main endogenous ligand of the receptor in the prostate gland.[37][13][1][38] However, sufficiently high relative concentrations of bicalutamide (1,000- to 10,000-fold excess) are able to completely prevent activation of the AR by androgens like DHT and testosterone and subsequent upregulation of the transcription of androgen-responsive genes and associated effects.[39][20][40][41] At steady-state, relative to the normal adult male range for testosterone levels (300–1,000 ng/dL),[42] circulating concentrations of bicalutamide at 50 mg/day are roughly 600 to 2,500 times higher and at 150 mg/day around 1,500 to 8,000 times higher than circulating testosterone levels, while bicalutamide concentrations, relative to the mean testosterone levels present in men who have been surgically castrated (15 ng/dL),[43] are approximately 42,000 times higher than testosterone levels at 50 mg/day."

so 1000 fold extra concentrations are needed to block AR signaling completely.
at 50mg the concentrations are 2500 relative to 300ng/dl of androgens when DHT is unblocked.
300*(2500/1000)=750ng/dl of androgens are blocked by 50mg of Bicalutamide. so 750ng/50mg=Bicalutamide has potential to block up to 15ng of Androgens by itself at 1mg dosage.
at 50mg the concentrations are 600 relative to 1000ng/dl of androgens when DHT is unblocked.
1000*(600/1000)=600ng/dl of androgens are blocked by 50mg of Bicalutamide. so 600/50mg=Bicalutamide has potential to block up to 12ng of Androgens by itself at 1mg dosage.
at 150mg the concentrations are 8000 relative to 300ng/dl of androgens when DHT is unblocked.
300*(8000/1000)=2400ng/dl of androgens are blocked by 150mg of bicalutamide so 2400ng/150mg=Bicalutamide has potential to block up to 16ng of Androgens by itself at 1mg dosage
at 150mg the concentrations are 1500 relative to 1000ng/dl of androgens when DHT is unblocked.
1000*(1500/1000)=1500ng/dl of androgens are blocked by 150mg of bicalutamide so 1500ng/150mg=Bicalutamide has potential to block up to 10ng of Androgens by itself at 1mg dosage
at 50mg the concentrations are 42000 relative to 15ng/dl of androgens when DHT is unblocked.
15*(42000/1000)=630ng/dl of androgens are blocked by 50mg of bicalutamide so 630ng/50mg=Bicalutamide has potential to block up to 12.6ng of Androgens by itself at 1mg dosage

Based off of my scientific data, Bicalutamide when DHT is untouched, can block between 10-16ng/dl of Androgens. I would assume the number to be closer to 16ng/dl if DHT is being blocked and 10ng/dl of Androgens when DHT is not being blocked.

Thats why the guy who used 50mg Bica, 1mg finasteride, 60mg Ralox was unsuccessful (his PSA was 0.2ng/ml) since his Testosterone was 1476ng/dl.
Finasteride reduces DHT by 66% so we will say in this scenario 14ng/dl of T is being blocked per mg of his Bica.
50*14=700ng/dl of T is being blocked. 1476-700 = 776 free nanograms of T not being blocked by Bica.

hope this helped:p
In depth. Really appreciated. Thank you :)

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
[QUOTE="
Thats why the guy who used 50mg Bica, 1mg finasteride, 60mg Ralox was unsuccessful (his PSA was 0.2ng/ml) since his Testosterone was 1476ng/dl.
Finasteride reduces DHT by 66% so we will say in this scenario 14ng/dl of T is being blocked per mg of his Bica.
50*14=700ng/dl of T is being blocked. 1476-700 = 776 free nanograms of T not being blocked by Bica.

hope this helped:p[/QUOTE]

Do you think 50mg bicalutamide + 25mg progesterone + 4mg estradiol would result in successfully blocking all androgens ? ofc nothing but my next blood test will say for sure, but what do you think ?

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
[QUOTE="

hope this helped:p

Do you think 50mg bicalutamide + 25mg progesterone + 4mg estradiol would result in successfully blocking all androgens ? ofc nothing but my next blood test will say for sure, but what do you think ?[/QUOTE]

(Something is wrong with this message...!)

Yes, it will, for sure...

Sonolmn98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
lol, some guys here are too hoprful and they think that they can be chemical castrated while building muscles and losing fat, it is kinda impossible,
Do you think 50mg bicalutamide + 25mg progesterone + 4mg estradiol would result in successfully blocking all androgens ? ofc nothing but my next blood test will say for sure, but what do you think ?
50mg bicalutamide and 4mg estradiol would result in blocking all androgens, but progesterone beats bica to the receptor and reduces its efffctiveness so I would just drop the progesterone (you will get better results)[/QUOTE]
lol dude, are you looking to build shredded muscles on these kind of regimens? sorry but it is kinda impossible with chemical castration
muscles will melt like crazy without androgens and they will be replaced by fat there is no question about it, i am an ex bodybuilder and iam speaking from experience

I'mme

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
lol, some guys here are too hoprful and they think that they can be chemical castrated while building muscles and losing fat, it is kinda impossible,

Not really. Human Growth hormone also helps in building muscles. Moreover, I don't see any point in blocking/reducing T levels to almost nil - a lady here did that and the results weren't favourable. Ofc if one is taking estrogen as high as 6mg, s/he is gonna melt muscles.

Itsnoahkennedy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Does bid mean bi-daily, and what does od mean? I know ed means every day.

Screenshot_20190724-232656_Chrome.jpg

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
less T = more empathy, (I'm biased as f*** lol)

"In the study, 146 mothers and 154 fathers engaged in a moderately stressful task with their one-year old infants. The stressful task is known as the strange situation procedure, in which infants go through a series of separations and subsequent reunions with a parent — often leading the child to become upset and require nurturance from a mother or father.

For testosterone measurements, the participants provided saliva samples when they first arrived at the laboratory and again after the strange situation procedure.

“Both mothers and fathers showed decreases in T after interacting with their child during a stressful task. This lends support to the idea that nurturant interactions can lead to short-term declines in T. Because so few studies on this topic include women, this is some of the first evidence for short-term T declines in women in caregiving contexts,” Edelstein told PsyPost.

The researchers also found that fathers with a more avoidant attachment orientation tended to have smaller declines in testosterone."

"The findings provide more evidence that reductions in testosterone are linked to parental tendencies such as nurturance and empathy."

https://www-psypost-org.cdn.ampproj...ith-their-child-during-a-stressful-task-54099

Sonolmn98

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well if boob shape is important to ya, then definitely take solace in there being some data that shows progesterone indeed helps shift from tanner stage 4 to 5 (essentially rounding them out and giving better shape like you mentioned).
i wanna add progesterone to my fem-candies cocktail but i would need a convincing reason so my endocrinologist would prescribe it with no hesitation, any health benefits of progesterone beside hair regrowth? i wanna say mood and sleep but is that reasonable? i wanna be pregnant 12 months a year so my hair will sprout like crazy

keepcoolmybabies

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i wanna add progesterone to my fem-candies cocktail but i would need a convincing reason so my endocrinologist would prescribe it with no hesitation, any health benefits of progesterone beside hair regrowth? i wanna say mood and sleep but is that reasonable? i wanna be pregnant 12 months a year so my hair will sprout like crazy

For sure, mood and sleep are two of the most noticeable effects cited, along with increased libido. Though some people end up having worse mood swings.

Also, estrogen dominance (too much estrogen in relation to progesterone) can cause telogen effluvium in women (and other issues).

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
i would need a convincing reason so my endocrinologist would prescribe it with no hesitation, any health benefits of progesterone beside hair regrowth?
it reduces 5ar, increases collagen, has neuroprotective benefits