Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
head hair?? does anyone gain head hair during puberty
Of course, I'd say peak hair happens between 15-17. It goes from being fine to course, and curly if your dna dictates it. At the same time
you are full grown height wise and the frame of your body is established - with some exceptions in the case of a late bloomer.

I think it's mostly the infusion of T that does this, after reaching peak hair you already start to lose it depending on the androgen receptivity to DHT of your follicles. For most this will be a gradual loss over your life time, for others it will be fast and rapid as in the case of someone with culdesac baldness.

What does T do to athletes in the case of performance enhancing drugs? It increases their performance cause it turns them into a superhuman, like a second puberty in adulthood, so why can't this be used to jump start hair? So long as you're on dutasteride/finasteride to choke off the extra DHT that comes from the increase in T.

So my theory is you can produce more T naturally through exercise, say heavier weightlifting, to give you the growth affects, then use AA's to keep the DHT off your follicles. Plus exercise such as this promote blood flow to the scalp:

8ff3a53f-a4ab-4d14-9a80-48f99b8e6699.jpg._CB321502153_.jpg

Last edited:

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont think androgens are the reason. except that T can convert to E. androgens are terrible for hair, eunuchs castrated before puberty will not suffer male pattern hairloss.
Fair enough, but if they are castrated before puberty their full peak hair potential was not met. If they were castrated after puberty then peak hair would have been reached and maintained.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think it's mostly the infusion of T that does this, after reaching peak hair you already start to lose it depending on the androgen receptivity to DHT of your follicles. For most this will be a gradual loss over your life time, for others it will be fast and rapid as in the case of someone with culdesac baldness.
Ive never heard of this. really doubt its the T directly.., T has affinity to the androgen receptor just like Dht does. the difference is that it's weaker. E however also rises with T because it is produced from T.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive never heard of this. really doubt its the T directly.., T has affinity to the androgen receptor just like Dht does. the difference is that it's weaker. E however also rises with T because it is produced from T.
"In male adolescents, testosterone and DHT stimulate hair growth on the face, pubic area, scalp and under the arms. Later in life, these exact hormones may prompt the hair follicles on a man's head to shrink. When a man experiences male pattern baldness, it appears that the hair follicles on his head have an extreme response and sensitivity to DHT. The follicles get broken to the point that they are no longer capable of producing hair."

https://healthyliving.azcentral.com/does-testosterone-cause-hair-growth-12202284.html

T good DHT bad? what would happen to the body in general if you flood it with DHT? Beats me, I know what happens with T - turns a pussy cat into a tiger

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
This didnt apply to me. it was during adolescence that I lost a ton of hair. male puberty murdered my temples
Your hair must've thickened from the age of 10, say, to 13ish? That might have been peak hair for you, then due to follicle sensitivity the DHT went to town right away, whereas usual normal baldness is prolonged and gradual throughout life.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair must've thickened from the age of 10, say, to 13ish? That might have been peak hair for you, then due to follicle sensitivity the DHT went to town right away, whereas usual normal baldness is prolonged and gradual throughout life.
I don't remember any thickening. not that I closely examined it. my hair was great all through childhood. Its possible even that i had thicker hair while it was falling out, i doubt its neccessarily a good thing! Id much rather have full head of hair like a child than course hair succeptible to baldness

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't remember any thickening. not that I closely examined it. my hair was great all through childhood. Its possible even that i had thicker hair while it was falling out, i doubt its neccessarily a good thing! Id much rather have full head of hair like a child than course hair succeptible to baldness
Do you think you would lose all that growth if you went off the drugs and just stayed on dutasteride and min to maintain?
Think you might try it one day?

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think you would lose all that growth if you went off the drugs and just stayed on dutasteride and min to maintain?
Think you might try it one day?
possibly I could maintain it because of testicular atrophy it's likely my T production won't come back for quite awhile even after quitting, but it might. I won't think about quitting anytime soon though, not until hair is restored to the maximum.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I keep reading about how mesotherapy provides infinitely better follicle penetration/stimulation with things like minoxidil, dutas, fina, astressin-b. I wonder how estrgoen scalp mesotherapy would go. I’m salivating over the idea of drenching my follicles in sweet, nourishing estrogen. Wish there were studies on this.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
I keep reading about how mesotherapy provides infinitely better follicle penetration/stimulation with things like minoxidil, dutas, fina, astressin-b. I wonder how estrgoen scalp mesotherapy would go. I’m salivating over the idea of drenching my follicles in sweet, nourishing estrogen. Wish there were studies on this.
that's a good idea since androgens make the skin thicker..

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I see that estrogen mesotherapy is done for skin. It literally works on the same “growth factor” premise. Why aren’t they injecting this sh*t into scalps?!

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
that's a good idea since androgens make the skin thicker..
Couple questions, if i've done ok on dutasteride once a week would it be better to up the dosage to 2 a week or throw in one of these female hormones?

Can you take a pic of your gyno?

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Couple questions, if i've done ok on dutasteride once a week would it be better to up the dosage to 2 a week or throw in one of these female hormones?

Can you take a pic of your gyno?
I’d kick it up to 3 x a week. You on minoxidil? Maybe also add a topical AA in like RU. Female hormones are a last resort mate.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’d kick it up to 3 x a week. You on minoxidil? Maybe also add a topical AA in like RU. Female hormones are a last resort mate.
Ya rogaine foam a few times a week in the evening, then nizoral 1-2 times/week.

Whats a good RU supplier? Doesnt that come from shady places in china?

I tried spironolactone cream for a time, but meh.