Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
.25 ml in water
That's 12.5 mg of minoxidil, which is too high for a starting dose. I use 0.1 mL (5 mg). Many on this site work up to 10 mg. There is some debate on what the minimum effective dose is, but there is a 24 week study with 5 mg / day that was efficacious for hair.

Attachments

• 24_weeks_oral_min.pdf
    45.2 KB · Views: 470

BOLLYnorWOOD

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi friends

I'm a 21 year old indian guy (almost 22) and i have agressive hair loss (thats why my regime is spironolactone 200 and dutas 0.5 mg) because many users inspired me to get..... my dermatologist says that adding estrogen (estradiol) to my regime will help with bone.. is this true? and does it help with hair loss better than 200 mg spironolactone? and if i add estrogen to my regime do i still need dht blocker like dutas?????

thanks in advance friends

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi friends

I'm a 21 year old indian guy (almost 22) and i have agressive hair loss (thats why my regime is spironolactone 200 and dutas 0.5 mg) because many users inspired me to get..... my dermatologist says that adding estrogen (estradiol) to my regime will help with bone.. is this true? and does it help with hair loss better than 200 mg spironolactone? and if i add estrogen to my regime do i still need dht blocker like dutas?????

thanks in advance friends
I am also from India. I would like to know which doctor prescribed you spironolactone? It is very unusual in India. Moreover, he also recommended you Estrogen, no doctor in the world will prescribe this regimen unless you are a transgender.

BOLLYnorWOOD

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am also from India. I would like to know which doctor prescribed you spironolactone? It is very unusual in India. Moreover, he also recommended you Estrogen, no doctor in the world will prescribe this regimen unless you are a transgender.
Im indian sir but i dont live in india but in USA and my derm prescribed it because I was convincing enough...

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
is it stronger then 200 mg spironolactone? and how many mg estrogen is equal to 200 mg spironolactone??
I think you can’t compare both the meds. However, to bring your Estrogen in female range you would require very high dose of estradiol which is not recommended. If you use spironolactone in conjunction with estradiol, you can get away with small dose of estradiol.

BOLLYnorWOOD

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think you can’t compare both the meds. However, to bring your Estrogen in female range you would require very high dose of estradiol which is not recommended. If you use spironolactone in conjunction with estradiol, you can get away with small dose of estradiol.
how much mg dose of estradiol? do you think 2-5 mg is enough??

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
yes I know it can do. so far spironolactone doing great for hair and did blood test (everything is normal). so there is chance I wont get effects from estrogen?
How long have you been on spironolactone? What are your testosterone and DHT level? If dutasteride and spironolactone working for you, there is no need for estradiol.

BOLLYnorWOOD

My Regimen
Reaction score
How long have you been on spironolactone? What are your testosterone and DHT level? If dutasteride and spironolactone working for you, there is no need for estradiol.
true but my derm think it will give me greater effects. so far im 1 year on dutas and 5 and 1/2 months on spironolactone. Do you think estrogen will make a big difference? if not I wont take it.

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
true but my derm think it will give me greater effects. so far im 1 year on dutas and 5 and 1/2 months on spironolactone. Do you think estrogen will make a big difference? if not I wont take it.
Estrogen will make a huge difference. What Norwood are you? After adding spironolactone did you see any major improvement?

BOLLYnorWOOD

My Regimen
Reaction score
Estrogen will make a huge difference. What Norwood are you? After adding spironolactone did you see any major improvement?
so far regrowth around hairline and much thicker hair (I think i will see more around 6-12 months). if I add estrogen to my regime, can i possibly drop dutas?