Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
400mg of spironolactone?! Holy sh*t... that HAS to help regrowth. I’m on 200 and I have crazy chest pains. 400 would prob give me a heart attack lol. Some people just don’t review hair with anything.. I’m one of those people too. spironolactone won’t stop my balding, I know it and I’m a NW2-2.5

raviteja

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've found 10mg oral minoxidil x3 week quite effective, but that's with other things. In general orals trump topicals from what I've seen and heard.
countries like india are not familiar with oral consumption of minoxdil hearing it for first time

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
400mg of spironolactone?! Holy sh*t... that HAS to help regrowth. I’m on 200 and I have crazy chest pains. 400 would prob give me a heart attack lol. Some people just don’t review hair with anything.. I’m one of those people too. spironolactone won’t stop my balding, I know it and I’m a NW2-2.5
How long have you been on spironolactone? When did you start balding?

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
In India we can not import drugs directly from abroad. It will be stucked in customs.
Just ask for regular mail no express, apparently those get checked more frequently. I think they can make packaging look like a gift too.
Canada it's the same, hard to say how strict they are and with what meds.

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is anyone else feeling this on their scalp, just not as prolonged per spurt? Been having it regularly today, I know Bridge said
he couldn't feel the hair growing so maybe it's just in my mind. But I went through a bit of a shed last 3 months losing 30-60 hairs in the
shower daily, now it's consistently around 10ish. Maybe I'm in the growth phase. Or is this what lice feels like.

Corn-growing.gif

LEXUS

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I noticed a strange thing. In addition to Avodart, I take 1 mg of estradiol. So this estradiol increases my libido. I feel like in 20 years. And a lot of energy. Maybe in my body estradiol turns into testosterone? The formula is very similar.

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
How long have you been on spironolactone? When did you start balding?

I’ve been on spironolactone for about 20 days now. Still early, but none the less, I should at least have a reduction in itch at 200mg. My hairloss is weird though.. the areas that I have the worst itching have small indents in the skin. I don’t know if it’s fat loss of my scalp or if I have some form of an inflammatory hair loss. I’ve searched my symptoms high and low and nothing about small indents with itching ever comes up. I’ll prob stay on spironolactone until summer if nothing else. At that point I’m over f*****g with drugs. I’m way below baseline and I’ve been on 2.5mg dutasteride for 3.5 years and was on finasteride and minoxidil before that. I’ve also used setipiprant, low dose doxy, had prp, etc.. I’m legit incurable. Without destroying my dick anyway.

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve been on spironolactone for about 20 days now. Still early, but none the less, I should at least have a reduction in itch at 200mg. My hairloss is weird though.. the areas that I have the worst itching have small indents in the skin. I don’t know if it’s fat loss of my scalp or if I have some form of an inflammatory hair loss. I’ve searched my symptoms high and low and nothing about small indents with itching ever comes up. I’ll prob stay on spironolactone until summer if nothing else. At that point I’m over f*****g with drugs. I’m way below baseline and I’ve been on 2.5mg dutasteride for 3.5 years and was on finasteride and minoxidil before that. I’ve also used setipiprant, low dose doxy, had prp, etc.. I’m legit incurable. Without destroying my dick anyway.
I wonder how the spironolactone would work given the fact that dutasteride 2.5 mg is not working?

Last edited:

Marky

My Regimen
Reaction score
I

took diane 35, you'll start getting gyno within a month i.e. your boobs will grow quite a bit on diane (probably because of the oral estradiol intake)
Even if taken 2-3 times per week? Then maybe topical E gel on scalp to supplement the other days.

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
OP isn’t using AA alone. In most cases you would need estradiol to replicate his result.

Well it depends on how advanced your hairloss is. I’m not nowhere near as bad a bridgeburn was. I’ve seen people post threads that have pretty much achieved a Norwood 1 with hair slightly better then mine. I’m not going assume I will grow that well. I will be happy with a Norwood 2 - 2.5.

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Have you had any blood tests?
You should get your ferritin (iron stores) levels tested, your vitimin d levels tested and your zinc levels tested.

If you cannot regrow hair on extreme regimens then it could be likely one of these are out.

All the symptoms for these are subtle. So you won’t really notice anything. But as they advance hair loss is probably the first noticeable sign.

I’ve had all these tested now. The thyroid or vitimin d test was normal as was zinc. But I am deficient in iron. And looking at some of the symptoms like sleep disorders, breathlessness and hairloss I developed at around the same time I surprised I didn’t act sooner. But I put the hairloss down too meds’ losing effectiveness, loss of sleep down to using my phone to much before sleep. And breathlessness down to asthma from working in a dusty workshop.
I’ve failed to regrow in the lost areas in over a year but my hairloss hasn’t advanced since. So I’m about to get on iron supplements and changing my diet as it really does lack iron coming to think of it.

Last edited:

Ziggyz123

Established Member
Reaction score
Have you had any blood tests?
You should get your ferritin (iron stores) levels tested, your vitimin d levels tested and your zinc levels tested.

If you cannot regrow hair on extreme regimens then it could be likely one of these are out.

All the symptoms for these are subtle. So you won’t really notice anything. But as they advance hair loss is probably the first noticeable sign.

I’ve had all these tested now. The thyroid or vitimin d test was normal as was zinc. But I am deficient in iron. And looking at some of the symptoms like sleep disorders, breathlessness and hairloss I developed at around the same time I surprised I didn’t act sooner. But I put the hairloss down too meds’ losing effectiveness, loss of sleep down to using my phone to much before sleep. And breathlessness down to asthma from working in a dusty workshop.
I’ve failed to regrow in the lost areas in over a year but my hairloss hasn’t advanced since. So I’m about to get on iron supplements and changing my diet as it really does lack iron coming to think of it.

I had blood work in November. Iron was a little low, not by much though. In men, that’s kinda rare. I think I just have straight male pattern baldness man lol the only thing I could possibly think that could be causing this itch and recession is possible nerve issues from dental work I had three months before my hair got really bad. I still have like two teeth that almost taste sour that were filled, but obviously not correctly. Idk dude, hair loss is a mystery lol.

I also have seborrheic dermatitis and get like sebum grains that miniaturize my hair along my hairline. It’s a really fucked up curse. So I don’t think any one treatment can regrow or stop my “itch”. My eyes are also really itchy after being on spironolactone.. maybe from drying those sebaceous glands up a bit?

Last edited:

Father_of_Shiseido

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well it depends on how advanced your hairloss is. I’m not nowhere near as bad a bridgeburn was. I’ve seen people post threads that have pretty much achieved a Norwood 1 with hair slightly better then mine. I’m not going assume I will grow that well. I will be happy with a Norwood 2 - 2.5.
I would say your odds are very low if dutasteride is not working for you.

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would say your odds are very low if dutasteride is not working for you.

When did i say duta wasn’t working??
It has thickened my hair and I’ve had regrowth. I haven’t grown some of my hair in small patches around the front of my head as I have an iron deficiency. No AA or estrogen will grow this hair back if an essential mineral or vitimin your hair requires is low.

Stephen788

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had blood work in November. Iron was a little low, not by much though. In men, that’s kinda rare. I think I just have straight male pattern baldness man lol the only thing I could possibly think that could be causing this itch and recession is possible nerve issues from dental work I had three months before my hair got really bad. I still have like two teeth that almost taste sour that were filled, but obviously not correctly. Idk dude, hair loss is a mystery lol.

I also have seborrheic dermatitis and get like sebum grains that miniaturize my hair along my hairline. It’s a really fucked up curse. So I don’t think any one treatment can regrow or stop my “itch”. My eyes are also really itchy after being on spironolactone.. maybe from drying those sebaceous glands up a bit?

Did you get just your iron checked or your ferritin? Your iron can be normal in your blood but your iron stores can be low. It’s not that uncommon. It depends on whether you have a poor diet and mine is very poor.