Exploring The Hormonal Route. Hair=life.

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
There are multiple studies, however, that show that very high doses of estrogen have essentially suspended any breast growth in various mammals. And when the dosage was lowered, breast growth resumed. Not saying it's exactly apples to apples, but at least food for thought.
What do you think the mechanism is? Perhaps the receptors become downregulated due to ligand overload? I can also see that as an anti-cancer response.

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
hey bro hairloss is really ruining my life and i have the same diffuse pattern as you pre treatment. I know that oral minoxidil would cure my hairloss but i tried it and get way too severe hypertrichosis which is debilitating for me.
i know you get hypertrichosis too if i remember but cured you're hairloss. In you're case the peace of mind of having you're hairloss cured outweight the cons of the hypertrichosis? because i might give another shot to the oral minoxdil to at least see some result
Just trim the extra hair

Xader

My Regimen
Reaction score
Close to same lenght 3months apart. And you have to count in that im on minoxidil shedding phase and only 30days in today (bridge didnt have any regrowth with minoxidil in 1month). This is 90%+ dutasteride and bica. My conclusion: androgen supression>E2 for sides and regrowth. Present picture taken with front phone flash,mirror light and strong ceiling light. When minoxidil kicks in im gonna delete account here I hope.

edit: pics wont load, so i uploaded on this page
Dani, did your testicles shrink while on aa/E2?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I took lexapro but i quit because of tinnitus. Zoloft for me is sideless ssri except harder to c*m. But it made my life 10x easier and it should not affect hair in any way.
damn i have long term tinnitus and recently it started again ( the week i started lexapro) it could be related to lexapro??

Fuchsilein

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are multiple studies, however, that show that very high doses of estrogen have essentially suspended any breast growth in various mammals. And when the dosage was lowered, breast growth resumed. Not saying it's exactly apples to apples, but at least food for thought.
I wasn't aware of those. But what exactly is a very high dosage in said studies?

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
It could be. I had extreme tinnitus after first 2 pills liek i couldnt hear someone talking to me half a meter away.

No, but bicalutamide removes body hair so minoxidil does not affect that for me.
ok so when you take biclutamide it negates this body hair effect? can it work even after getting the hypertrichosis from oral min? i used it for 3 month and get crazy unwanted hair.
what are the side of biclutamide? given the fact that i take dutasteride too

Analogies

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You would get subtle demasculinization. You will look 5 years younger. But would not recommend to anyone who is not familiar with its pharmacology 100%.
Literally no hair-loss. This thread has so many hypochondriacs. What is wrong with this new generation

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You would get subtle demasculinization. You will look 5 years younger. But would not recommend to anyone who is not familiar with its pharmacology 100%.
any sign of gyno change of fat repartition on the hips or penis shrinkage? thanks the looking 5 years younger is a major bonus

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry cant really tell but muscles are unaffected and gaining them back from e2 usage. I cant tell because I drank alcohol and ate like retard 3000kcals a day of junk food whole 2 months almost everyday, but I have like normal male physique. No shrinkage and my libido is unaffected and even higher than baseline.
But gyno is horrible and only side effect that im gonna get surgery for in month or two. Its grade 2-3. I did have fat redistribution on e2 and cypro not on bica+dutasteride from what i can tell.
so bica+duta always causes gyno?

vandun3

My Regimen
Reaction score
how does one recover e2 after a hrt regimen?

i am retarded sometimes and decided to try e2 100mcg patches for 3-4 months or so. i stopped due to e2 sides, nothing sexual but blurry vision, moods swings, and breast development

now my e2 is in the gutter. below measurable limit (<5) while my T is normal (600). e2 level should be around 35-45. stopped about 1.5 months ago and tested levels about 2 weeks ago. hair loss rate is horrible, faster than ever before by far. like i said i am retarded sometimes. any ways to speed up hormonal recovery?

MylovelyHair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

i am retarded sometimes and decided to try e2 100mcg patches for 3-4 months or so. i stopped due to e2 sides, nothing sexual but blurry vision, moods swings, and breast development

now my e2 is in the gutter. below measurable limit (<5) while my T is normal (600). e2 level should be around 35-45. stopped about 1.5 months ago and tested levels about 2 weeks ago. hair loss rate is horrible, faster than ever before by far. like i said i am retarded sometimes. any ways to speed up hormonal recovery?
endocrinologist I would say

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Same here, but I didn't try estrogen. I have low body fat, and I am underweight. Change my diet, etc. It was one way for my gyno not to get bigger from Finasteride. I am not complaining, though. Gyno is one of the side-effects that I fear the most! My E2 levels, was constantly below 10 pg/ml last time I checked them. Values like 4.5, 7.5, etc. I am looking for some hormonal imbalance supplements. My last value was 4.5 pg/ml in January 2021. This state is affecting my hair for sure, and depression hits even harder. Not to mention that my T can't be aromatized properly to E2. Thus DHT is increasing. The funny thing is that even though these E2 levels, my hair was in far better condition than now, at least while my DHT was blocked by Finasteride, and it makes sense.

January 2021 Blood Tests (Last Time):
E2: 4.5 pg/ml (Normal Values: <60)
Total Testosterone: 495 ng/dl
DHT: 0.55 ng/ml-----550 pg/ml - I hit my baseline levels.

While on Finasteride, both oral and topical, one year and one and a half year, respectively. Since then, I don't know what is the situation, at this moment. I will try to do tests as soon as possible, although now I have started Dutasteride too, to fight this DHT. It's crazy!

***June 2020:
E2: 9.5 pg/ml
Total Testosterone: 427 ng/dl
*->DHT: 283 pg/ml
Same treatments-Hair condition way way way better.

Last edited:

Gergely

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Great progress!! Do you attribute most of your regrowth to Estradiol? How many months have you been using 5% Min 2x a day?
I attribute the fact that i'm not bald yet to HRT. But i can't say that it helped to create a juvenile hairline that i never had. That is from 3 months of minoxidil.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
we all agree that DHT is the main factor to grow body hair as a man age? as a guy who have been on fina/ duta since 20 and hairless normaly i shoudn't grow body hair?