EVERYONE Will Get Finasteride Side-Effects Eventually

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i don't understand how it redues your dik size?
i take supplements and eat a diet full of nitrates, een with finasteride i get throbbing erection and have huge veins in my c***
Are you okay, mate? You posted earlier that you miss having a sex drive but now you’re saying you have a throbbing erection with huge veins.

georgman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Topical Cetirizine is probably one of the more popular/affordable ways of inhibiting PGD2 (I believe it also releases PGE2), I assume if it goes systemic, it could give you whatever sides are associated with it, such as drowsiness, nothing nearly as bad as a 5AR inhibitor.

Castor Oil is good for PGE2, however, there is evidence that it lowers testosterone in rats, so I don't personally use it, not orally anyway.
I couldn't find the study about castor oil lowering testosteron, could you link it for me please or if not possible do you know how it does that?

uzzzzzzzi

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder if the sexual side effects are reversible as the manual says? It's 100% going to change, even if I stop using it.

rippedgenius

My Regimen
Reaction score
does this also apply to ru?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder if the sexual side effects are reversible as the manual says? It's 100% going to change, even if I stop using it.
Most people have no sides. If you do, in fact, have real ones and not BS ones, then you can either be bald or take the pill but I won't beg you to keep your hair. You're the balding competition and since I am short, we need hair say Ileists all.

uzzzzzzzi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Most people have no sides. If you do, in fact, have real ones and not BS ones, then you can either be bald or take the pill but I won't beg you to keep your hair. You're the balding competition and since I am short, we need hair say Ileists all.
Thank you for your advice, but I don't think so. It must matter. The question is whether it matters to the extent that I can detect it. I wondered if the effect would go away if I stopped taking the drug, or if it would change my body permanently.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for your advice, but I don't think so. It must matter. The question is whether it matters to the extent that I can detect it. I wondered if the effect would go away if I stopped taking the drug, or if it would change my body permanently.
People allege that it has the opposite sides from raising T and to the extent that any hormone might throw something off if changed, it's not common and the issue for many people is that there's dutasteride too but you pays your money and you takes your chances. Your hair must mean a little to you or you might not be on here researching. People like me, hair is everything and I take finasteride and duta and I dance a jig to the Goddess that we actually have such wonderful treatment options. Guys complain all of the time on here about no treatments. There are amazing treatments compared to 40 years ago, and some can halt baldness and maybe even thicken hair a little but you have to take baldness meds for them to actually work.

Many more guys return saying "oy vey, what was I thinking about?" The sides of baldness are huge and pervasive and they last life long so nothing's free and the price of meager to no treatment is enormous but if you are delving into the sides that might not exist and that you have not in fact experienced, it's not just Janey. All of us answer questions by the woe is me ten years later types and their math and what seems worth what and preference coefficients have change greatly and scientists think it might be related to experience and age because young guys don't know yet what baldness for the next 80 years is for the youngest and they did a poll and people over 100 years of age miss their hair exactly the same as every other age.

Go Figure says Janey. It's as if I wrote that and not Will. Ha!

uzzzzzzzi

My Regimen
Reaction score
People allege that it has the opposite sides from raising T and to the extent that any hormone might throw something off if changed, it's not common and the issue for many people is that there's dutasteride too but you pays your money and you takes your chances. Your hair must mean a little to you or you might not be on here researching. People like me, hair is everything and I take finasteride and duta and I dance a jig to the Goddess that we actually have such wonderful treatment options. Guys complain all of the time on here about no treatments. There are amazing treatments compared to 40 years ago, and some can halt baldness and maybe even thicken hair a little but you have to take baldness meds for them to actually work.

Many more guys return saying "oy vey, what was I thinking about?" The sides of baldness are huge and pervasive and they last life long so nothing's free and the price of meager to no treatment is enormous but if you are delving into the sides that might not exist and that you have not in fact experienced, it's not just Janey. All of us answer questions by the woe is me ten years later types and their math and what seems worth what and preference coefficients have change greatly and scientists think it might be related to experience and age because young guys don't know yet what baldness for the next 80 years is for the youngest and they did a poll and people over 100 years of age miss their hair exactly the same as every other age.

Go Figure says Janey. It's as if I wrote that and not Will. Ha!
I agree with you. I'm actually taking finasteride. But I wanted to understand exactly what the drug was doing to me. A lot of the problems may have occurred long after taking the drug, and people didn't even attribute it to finasteride. I'm not saying it's bad, but I think the more I know about it the more I can overcome it.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree with you. I'm actually taking finasteride. But I wanted to understand exactly what the drug was doing to me. A lot of the problems may have occurred long after taking the drug, and people didn't even attribute it to finasteride. I'm not saying it's bad, but I think the more I know about it the more I can overcome it.
I get that and I always end up defending finasteride but it appears that just for transition, MtF's merit greatly by using Duta and finasteride still and so I take both because I want essentially no DHT due to the excitingly sounding "back door pathway" but Janey says "no" wagging her fingers. Janey don't play that way. The other issue for me is avoiding dermatitis and facial masculinization unless I want that say for my partner that I might not catch up with. So while I haven't lowered dHT by 160 percent (see you add duta with 90 percent reductase power and finasteride with 70 percent that it's mopping up ahem add them together and you get seemingly a number greater than 100 percent and that's not usually allowable in stats.

I support knowledge too, just like you so already I like you, old chap, says Will or should I say old Chad?

Janey asserts that the preceding is all false .
satire and stuff.
signed Janey

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride should clear your system after a few weeks and DHT levels should return to normal. But I’m not saying there aren’t people here who have had persistent sides after stopping the medication. Everyone reacts to drugs differently.
Janey likes men who know whereof they speak. Everything nw7 says is pretty much on target and like Gekko, norwoody speaks to everybody meaning, you know a guy who neither forget us nor ghost us Janely says MtF's I love you but like no dead name but the same meds which is not straightforward, true says Janey.

user394587

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
New study:

Paternal Finasteride Treatment Can Influence the Testicular Transcriptome Profile of Male Offspring-Preliminary Study​

Abstract​

(1) Background: Hormone-dependent events that occur throughout spermatogenesis during postnatal testis maturation are significant for adult male fertility. Any disturbances in the T/DHT ratio in male progeny born from females fertilized by finasteride-treated male rats (F0:finasteride) can result in the impairment of testicular physiology. The goal of this work was to profile the testicular transcriptome in the male filial generation (F1:finasteride) from paternal F0:finasteride rats. (2) Methods: The subject material for the study were testis from immature and mature male rats born from females fertilized by finasteride-treated rats. Testicular tissues from the offspring were used in microarray analyses. (3) Results: The top 10 genes having the highest and lowest fold change values were mainly those that encoded odoriferous (Olfr: 31, 331, 365, 633, 774, 814, 890, 935, 1109, 1112, 1173, 1251, 1259, 1253, 1383) and vomeronasal (Vmn1r: 50, 103, 210, 211; Vmn2r: 3, 23, 99) receptors and RIKEN cDNA 5430402E10, also known as odorant-binding protein. (4) Conclusions: Finasteride treatment of male adult rats may cause changes in the testicular transcriptome of their male offspring, leading to a defective function of spermatozoa in response to odorant-like signals, which are recently more and more often noticed as significant players in male fertility.

Inb4; "but it's a rat study bro so it don't count" cope.
It would have been nice if they attempted to examine the effect of dose titration here as opposed to administering 5mg/kg of finasteride per day. They also, unless I'm misinterpreting something, didn't take the rats off of finasteride for a given period before mating began.

If they performed the above steps in their study, it might be useful because it could inform finasteride users of whether or not said change is:

1. Dose dependent
2. Persistent after discontinuing the medication for "x" amount of time

user394587

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes that's a good question for the researchers why they gave 5mg/kg fina/day.

But if we look at DHT impact, even small amounts give the same effect as high dosages:

0rsWQDEBHj6sFpxD2JiNK4LNhqafpITviBIX4X8mjpY.jpg
This is serum DHT inhibition, it's only modestly correlated with what's happening in the tissue, which is where the majority of DHT is produced. Serum DHT is a small fraction of the total DHT within the body. If you look at the studies regarding the concentration of finasteride in semen, the maximum seen is in those taking proscar (5 mg) and it amounts to 21 ng/mL (https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.2164/jandrol.109.009381). Even if you quadrupled the amount of semen required for something like hyperspermia, the total amount of finasteride in the semen would still be negligible.

Anyways, that's besides the point. With the extreme dosage that was administered to the rats in this study it's impossible to tell whether or not the same experimental outcome would be observed if realistic dosages were used. An equivalent dose in a human male having a mass as low as 45kg would still be 225 mg of finasteride per day. At dosages that high, how can you be sure that you're not achieving high levels of saturation and increasing the concentration of finasteride in the seminal fluid to the point where it would be high enough to observe the effect reported in the study?

If they designed their study in a way where you had three groups of rats in which the following conditions were met:

Group 1. Rats administered the "rat equivalent" of 5 mg of finasteride per day by mass, this would be somewhere around 0.025 mg depending on the species.
Group 2. Rats administered the above amount of finasteride per day, then taken off the drug for a period of 1-2 months.
Group 3. Placebo group

You could also add additional groups that take the rats off the drug for a variable amount of time to get an estimate of the required time off the medication to eliminate finasteride in the semen.

Then you would be able to answer:

1. Do realistic dosages of finasteride cause said defects in the offspring of rats treated with finasteride?
2. Is the effect permanent, or is it only during treatment?

Unfortunately, the design wasn't set up in that way, so this study doesn't tell finasteride users much.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Been on and off finasteride since 19 (over 40yo now). Mild side effects I had always went away in a week or two after stopping. And that's after YEARS of taking it continuously. Do I like taking this crap? F no! Do I think PFS is complete horseshit? Absolutely!

N003

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Been on finasteride for 4 years.

At the beginning I took it daily and since half a year I take it 3 times a week.

Side effects:
Immediately after starting therapy extremely watery ejaculation.

After that my ejaculation has decreased by 80-90%.
Only one drop comes out.
This side effect has remained until today.