EVERYONE Will Get Finasteride Side-Effects Eventually

MDL999

My Regimen
Reaction score
I still recommend them over say, Castor Oil, and for people with no RX, they are worth trying. Amazon and health food stores have them cheap. I also bring it up because before I started using polysorbates, I had very typical finasteride sides 'cept we didn't have fnasteride or even minoxidil then. Baldness will mess with your mind and your confidence and cause anxiety and impotence. Most of us get some of those effects anyway so might as well try finasteride and not think that taking one pill will castrate you or make you Jayne Mansfield in terms of gyno but people in a "loser state of mind" are set up to expect the worse. Anyway, off my soapbox but the time pressure makes all of this difficult if not dangerous for young males. Most of the usual advice about family tree and all of that is a waste of time and I don't bother answering questions from guys who come on here, well, less so, asking for an analysis while stating upfront that they have Telogen Effluvium or have been diagnosed with Telogen Effluvium. I am not a doctor so why ask me but all's Janey knows is that the joyful Telogen Effluvium, everything will be all right in six months diagnosis is 99 percent of the time wishful thinking by the person or by the doctor in terms of "not wanting to unduly" worry someone about hairloss.
Im 22 years old and have slow but clear recession at my temples, is there anything i can do to slow down balding that isnt a cope? Tried finasteride and reacted not so well on it, are there alternatives?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im 22 years old and have slow but clear recession at my temples, is there anything i can do to slow down balding that isnt a cope? Tried finasteride and reacted not so well on it, are there alternatives?
What is a cope exactly? Like a treatment that you take that you know isn't as good and it doesn't turn out to be effective? Hair loss in the front has its only special challenges. If it halts, then you can end up like Sting and still have really nice hair everywhere else and the cosmetic significant is lessened. A lot of anchormen seem to have hair like this. Somehow frontal hair loss seems to convey wisdom and charm if it stops so that one can still have a semblance of a side part. In the crown, hair loss tends to impart a look of avuncularity which no one wants, meaning you look like an older uncle.

Minoxidil tends not to work on the temples, nor does much else except microneedling perhaps but without finasteride, microneedling is useless. What I would say is go microdose and then gradually titrate. Sides often go away or turn out to be non-existent. It really was just a headache or you really did just have an off day in chemistry class and nothing to do with finasteride. I am on both finasteride and duta currently and have been since 2015 and I can't even tell that I am on them and they are mostly irrelevant for me except as maintenance and maintenance is the whole game when you still have most of your hair like you do or I do again. Regrowth is always iffy and all but impossible to achieve to the point where it is cosmetically significant. Many on HRT do regrow hair but if they are in a female context, they rarely grow enough hair to ditch their wigs.

So you are right to be pensive about this and think things over well cause you might not get a second chance. Sort of like my marriage deadpans Janey to lighten the mood. I just always loved my hair so much that it would have taken a lot of sides with no alternative for me not to use min/finasteride but I never had any sides, not ever any regrowth but just maintenance for years and years. So the older pic is when I was almost 51 with a visible permanent incipient bald spot not visible from the front and only marginally visible in the "best lighting" but that's not what I wanted and if you want anything close to your best hair, it's a long-road to hoe so some people should give up if their expectations are wrong. My hair and it being long was tied up with my gender aspect irrevocably to the point where hair still matters more to me than gender but my treatments seem to restore youth as well so I am hawking a whole different thing.

Attachments

• 11thGrade.jpg
    11thGrade.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 103
  • Untenable.jpg
    Untenable.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_4528.jpeg
    IMG_4528.jpeg
    73.5 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Regrowth at best was typical topical minoxidil regrowth so nothing cosmetically significant. The guy on the infomercial went from NW7 to a bad mostly comb-over but we had nothing else.
I always thought minoxidil was a bit of a joke in the late 90's with all the adverts etc, I used it for a few years prior to finasteride but never noticed anything, I was actually really surprised when I looked at this site this year, for the first time in about a decade and saw guys had got significant regrowth by adding micro needling

Last edited:

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
What is a cope exactly?
think in that context he means something that will actually work rather than just hope.

but in Columbidae Zoomer speak it also means:

Cope
''In original definition, 'Cope' means someone who is creating an psychological defence of a more lighter belief to deal with a harsh truth.

However, it could easily be used and misinterpretated by online trolls, usualy from Discord or Reddit, in an attempt to convey mockery, trolling, defaminate and insulting, usualy those people have pathetic lives so they spend it tossing this word and insult/mock others to feed their superiority complex in online chats and/or forums''.

Last edited:

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Beautiful things can happen on this forum. @20YearsOnFin finally found love, you'll make a lovely couple with @JaneyElizabeth
Yes, that would be an hilarious comment if it wasn't for the fact, you don't even realize when you are being set up,

do you not think its a slight coincidence that janey elizebeth suddenly pops over here after months, after seeing your attempt at winning an argument fall flat for the umpteenth time, and then post randomly?

Or do you think its because she knows you cant stand her posts and she did it to wind you up?

And Why do you think my entire tone of writing shifts from being combative to all of a sudden being in 100% agreement when im replying to somebody I know you hate?

It must be great to live in a world, oblivious to the fact you are being constantly mocked, but at some point you really need to move out from your parents basement, and get some actual experiences in life, instead of drawing all this satisfaction from being a pretend Messiah to a bunch of other incels.

Last edited:

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I knew you would get extremely triggered by that silly joke
Jesus!..., Are you really that obtuse? do I have to spell it out for you? im not triggered by the joke, I have already intentionally handed you that joke,

its a lead, Can you not grasp the fact, that I know that being nice to tranny online will set me up for that joke?

Its easyer to write my answers if I already know what your reply's will be before you are actually making them.

Last edited:

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Christ sake kids today are a thick as a plank.

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
In all honestly why have you spent the last four years of your life on here posting 4363 messages?
Time goes past fast, I can't believe you value your time so little by wasting it, posting on here.

Last edited:

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Why is everything you write the exact opposite of the truth?

Some people have the luxury to have time and money my old friend.
This makes no sense though, People like myself who have both time and money would never waste four years of our youth on a online forum.
when there are so much better things to do in the world.
I also get countless messages asking for advice and I like to help them out.
You don't have any of the answers , you can't even control your own hairloss.
sad old man almost hitting 50 fanatically defending his hairloss hormonal treatment with his life on the internet.
I don't have a life on the internet, you are mistaking me for somebody like yourself who posts 4363 messages in four years instead of spending his 20-30's everyday socializing in the real world

Last edited:

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
making a fool out of yourself here
Have you not heard the term ''the pot calling the kettle black'' because it sums you up to a T

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
you're a reminder to everyone not to end up like you
Yes, please whatever you do, don't end up almost 50, by keeping all your hair with finasteride after all its not like this is a hairloss forum. Thats really great advice.

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah yes Pigeon, the 24 year old incel expert on hairloss. whose best advice is don't take what the majority of the world takes to combat hairloss and rub a zinc tablet into your scalp instead.. pure genius

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Long time ago I've seen this level of autism on here.
Long time ago? you have only been on here 4 years and were not even born when the internet started.

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im, looking forward to viewing your post in 2037, detailing how you were able to reverse all signs of male pattern baldness over the last 20 years with your amazing regime. should be a great read. cant wait.

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
There you go Pigeon, there are plenty of people who believe you have all the answers.

devz

My Regimen
Reaction score
You should probably seek an endocrinologist and get your testosterone (T) levels checked alongside estradiol (E2).

They should be checking:

- Total and free T
- E2
- LH
- FSH
- TSH
- free T4
- Prolactin

If you're sedentary and you're not eating enough, that can quite easily lead to erectile dysfunction, even at 25 years old. Lifting weights and getting in shape should help a lot.
Stop any anti-androgen immediately, a topical will also go systemic in most cases.

Stick to only minoxidil (but be warned, even that has two studies pointing to anti androgenic activity if I recall correctly) And maybe add needling to your minoxidil protocol if you're balding aggressive.

If you don't get better after 3/6 months I would advise HCG and/or clomid or nolvadex. But of course go check your hormone profile first and go to a good endocrinologist. Here's another good thread with lots of info: https://raypeatforum.com/community/threads/finally-cured-from-post-finasteride-syndrome.33215/
Thank you for help, I'm on vacation and is 10 days already that I stopped lotion (it's already 2 month that I don't take serenoa too) and I started have morning wood and decent erection again. I will keep the pause from lotion and when I'm ready I will restart again, if I have problem I will stop again.

Before restarting the lotion I will check the hormone levels.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for help, I'm on vacation and is 10 days already that I stopped lotion (it's already 2 month that I don't take serenoa too) and I started have morning wood and decent erection again. I will keep the pause from lotion and when I'm ready I will restart again, if I have problem I will stop again.

Before restarting the lotion I will check the hormone levels.
Good luck getting in to see an endo. You might get to see a P.A. to an endo. Even their slots are mostly full of cancer patients and trannies. We are on the front lines of all of this because showing what works now and presumably how it works, is key for any sort of general male "cure".

Again, though, without something that increases anagen several-fold, I don't see how a male cure is possible. People focus on low hair counts which is a result of very low amounts of time spent by follicles in anagen. Even normal ratios for males vs. females are say, 1 to 3. That's why the hair, even if counts go up, never looks nice nor will it generally grow long again. Like maintenance, you can't "see" anagen but it is the unseen, seldom acknowledged, issue that merely increasing hair counts doesn't get to. Coverage per se doesn't interest me that much in terms of "results" but I know many guys would just like the front to be covered, for pics, mirror purposes and since we generally face people from the front. This is a lot of work, if one is to microneedle for life and concoct zinc mixtures and proprietary topicals from Alibaba or whatever and except for Pegasus, I have never seen anyone have really any noticeable results and while one might quibble about cosmetic significance in the male context, Pegasus has had results from his mysterious meds, but in my eyes, it's only marginally cosmetically significant.

To me, the best method to try for those who don't want excessive feminization is to essentially go half-way, then desist from estrogen sytemically and try to maintain on dutasteride and perhaps topical estradiol. Something like this might be possible, even in one's mid-50's:

1628006523836.png

Attachments

• Untenable.jpg
    Untenable.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Again, though, without something that increases anagen several-fold, I don't see how a male cure is possible. People focus on low hair counts which is a result of very low amounts of time spent by follicles in anagen. Even normal ratios for males vs. females are say, 1 to 3. That's why the hair, even if counts go up, never looks nice nor will it generally grow long again. Like maintenance, you can't "see" anagen but it is the unseen, seldom acknowledged, issue that merely increasing hair counts doesn't get to. Coverage per se doesn't interest me that much in terms of "results" but I know many guys would just like the front to be covered, for pics, mirror purposes and since we generally face people from the front.

This. Even finasteride usually only increases the count ("garbage hairs"), and at best only maintains the gen-phases. In some cases, it's not even as cosmetically appealing as a fiber concealer. I would say that even minoxidil-only guys that respond well tend to almost always have better improvements in hair quality than finasteride-only guys, at least in terms of styling and appearance.