EVERYONE Will Get Finasteride Side-Effects Eventually

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also stop with your madness, of course balding men who take finasteride are desperate.
But young naive guys like yourself who rub crushed zinc tablets into your scalp are not desperate then?..... only finasteride users?

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I hope in real life you own that pigeon hat your avatar is wearing because you're going to need it they way you are heading.

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just like many I went to a dermatologist, this is years ago by now and I was not informed about the dangers of finasteride. I trusted the medical system but hey I was naïve and wasn't reading hairloss forums, etc back then.
That makes you a hypocrite to now mock others who take finasteride.

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
your mental breakdown is amusing to see old man
Not as amusing as watching a naïve young guy trying to convince himself that he has solved the worlds genetic male pattern hairloss problem with crushed zinc & B6

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Jiji stop to be so paranoid may finasteride it's affecting your brain and hence you write sillyness things
You don't need to say that his treatment don't work if you do a research you will find good things about zix and I used zix and helped my inflamed scalp but I have aggressive male pattern baldness so I needed to start using topical Dutasteride

He doesn't need to convince you in nada

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used zix and helped my inflamed scalp but I have aggressive male pattern baldness so I needed to start using topical Dutasteride
Exactly it helped with your inflamed scalp, it didn't arrest your male pattern baldness

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
You don't need to say that his treatment don't work if you do a research you will find good things about zix and I used zix and helped my inflamed scalp but I have aggressive male pattern baldness so I needed to start using topical Dutasteride
Controlling hair loss caused by an irritated, inflamed or itchy scalp or another scalp condition is a different thing to controlling hair loss caused by progressive male pattern hair loss. Nobody needs to research or argue that point. If it was as simple as using crushed zinc & B6 topically nobody would be using finastride or Dutasteride.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Controlling hair loss caused by an irritated, inflamed or itchy scalp or another scalp condition is a different thing to controlling hair loss caused by progressive male pattern hair loss. Nobody needs to research or argue that point. If it was as simple as using crushed zinc & B6 topically nobody would be using finastride or Dutasteride.
I think that a current issue being looked at though has to do with whether inflammation might exacerbate hair loss not so much because it causes hair loss but because it is part of a sebum feed-back mechanism in which bacteria and yeast essentially pollute the follicles with toxins that they excrete after consuming as much sebum as they can but regrowth itself might also cause inflammation leading to shedding and those might be two different sorts of inflammation experiences, one positive in terms of benevolent shedding and the other full of free radicals or some conjectured reaction that makes baldness either progress or go into a runaway state.

We don't know jack about Telogen Effluvium, compared to inflammation, compared to male pattern baldness, compared to DUPA but they all seem to be associated with DHT except for the inflammation apparently caused by follicles expanding in diameter which is a shed trigger due to the mismatched hair. With all of the cancer patients who could use hair for non-vain reasons, you would think that there would be more study but I am shocked by the lack of hard data with respect to hormonal hair loss and steroidal effects on humans in terms of consistently measured/encountered bodily change.

Last edited:

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that a current issue being looked at though has to do with whether inflammation exacerbate hair loss
Hi, yes I'm not denying things like this, I have always had secondary issues with my scalp that have exacerbated my hair loss , Seborrhoeic dermatitis, scalp itch, shedding, Telogen Effluvium and an intolerance of sls, but the point is I also have genetic male pattern hair loss, and both need to be treated in tandem, its not enough to merely treat one of them and forget about the other. People having success with regimes like topical zinc & B6 are proclaiming that they are using it to treat male pattern baldness but in all probability their success is down to controlling those secondary issues and not aggressive male pattern baldness in itself.

Last edited:

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think that a current issue being looked at though has to do with whether inflammation might exacerbate hair loss not so much because it causes hair loss but because it is part of a sebum feed-back mechanism in which bacteria and yeast essentially pollute the follicles with toxins that they excrete after consuming as much sebum as they can but regrowth itself might also cause inflammation leading to shedding and those might be two different sorts of inflammation experiences, one positive in terms of benevolent shedding and the other full of free radicals or some conjectured reaction that makes baldness either progress or go into a runaway state.

We don't know jack about Telogen Effluvium, compared to inflammation, compared to male pattern baldness, compared to DUPA but they all seem to be associated with DHT except for the inflammation apparently caused by follicles expanding in diameter which is a shed trigger due to the mismatched hair. With all of the cancer patients who could use hair for non-vain reasons, you would think that there would be more study but I am shocked by the lack of hard data with respond to hormonal hair loss and steroidal effects on humans in terms of consistently measured/encountered bodily change.
I would have thought a fair amount of the very young guys on sites like these don't actually have male pattern baldness. they are just experiencing excessive hair fall due to other factors, they are then posting on forums like these and being diagnosed by other 18-25 year old ''zoomer hair loss guru's'', when actually if could locate the cause of their excessive hair fall, they are likely to be able to maintain without the need for actual aggressive adult male pattern hair loss treatments.

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, yes I'm not denying things like this, I have always had secondary issues with my scalp that have exacerbated my hair loss , Seborrhoeic dermatitis, scalp itch, shedding, Telogen Effluvium and an intolerance of sls, but the point is I also have genetic male pattern hair loss, and both need to be treated in tandem, its not enough to merely treat one of them and forget about the other. People having success with regimes like topical zinc & B6 are proclaiming that they are using it to treat male pattern baldness but in all probability their success is down to controlling those secondary issues and not aggressive male pattern baldness in itself.
Yes and many of us who did start to, at least to ourselves, bald early probably are in a different category in terms of whether something marginal like Keto or topical minoxidil might help us on our slowish, steady progression towards being noticeably bald, if not quite a "bald guy". For me, with meds, it was 30 years but for some of these young guys, it is almost like bam and it's over before they knew what hit them and rampant baldness might just outrun pretty much all treatments.

You have to want this. The young guys exclaiming "I have to use this or take this for life?"--should account for this lifelong hassle aspect in their internal calculations about what's worth it for hair because I have done all of these things for years and years plus now two years of microneedling, essentially continuous, copious research since I was young which I could halt mostly during my finasteride/duta years where they were at top strength but the last two years, I have essentially thrown myself into learning everything about male pattern baldness and hormonal hair loss and finding out whether different doses of different things or microneedling and HRT were going to be a reality or just another nice idea that went nowhere similar to prostaglandins.

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes and many of us who did start to, at least to ourselves, bald early probably are in a different category in terms of whether something marginal like Keto or topical minoxidil might help us on our slowish, steady progression towards being noticeably bald, if not quite a "bald guy". For me, with meds, it was 30 years but for some of these young guys, it is almost like bam and it's over before they knew what hit them and rampant baldness might just outrun pretty much all treatments.

You have to want this. The young guys exclaiming "I have to use this or take this for life?"--should account for this lifelong hassle aspect in their internal calculations about what's worth it for hair because I have done all of these things for years and years plus now two years of microneedling, essentially continuous, copious research since I was young which I could halt mostly during my finasteride/duta years where they were at top strength but the last two years, I have essentially thrown myself into learning everything about male pattern baldness and hormonal hair loss and finding out whether different doses of different things or microneedling and HRT were going to be a reality or just another nice idea that went nowhere similar to prostaglandins
Yes that's why alot of this you have to work out for yourself, its actually very difficult to say for others 100% what is the best course of action for them to take, even derm's are essentially using a try this and see if it helps approach.

Last edited:

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
but for some of these young guys, it is almost like bam and it's over before they knew what hit them and rampant baldness might just outrun pretty much all treatments
Yes, that's kind of the hardest situation.

20YearsOnFin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think one of the good things about having hair loss before propecia was released and the internet was popular, was it did make do your own detective work about what you could do to make your scalp condition healthier and what supplements could be used to improve hair condition or shedding. I think alot of the young guys these days just expect instant results and are on a way too heavy stack, too early, when often you need to approach the problem from multiple angles over years rather than a one size fits all sledge hammer approach.

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think one of the good things about having hair loss before propecia was released and the internet was popular, was it did make do your own detective work about what you could do to make your scalp condition healthier and what supplements could be used to improve hair condition or shedding. I think alot the young guys these days just expect instant results when often you need to approach the problem from multiple angles over years rather than a one size fits all approach.
I locked myself in the dusty library stacks going through microfilm and microfiche for 48 hours after I first noticed and I discovered the solution. Literally only one thing worked, estrogen, so I gathered up my courage and my $75 to see the dermatologist to get a prescription for estrogen and talk about gatekeeping. He patted me on the head, with no RX coming and said, "just man up"; please pay the receptionist at the door. In terms of regrowth, back in 1984, I was right about estrogen and not much has changed in terms of regrowth but we did later that year start to see cable informercials for polysorbate 80 and 60, which for me and others, appeared to work a lot like Keto presumably does. That's why I noticed your comment because my hair did seem to either get marginally better or to at least stop worsening so quickly and it must have had to do with inflammation relief and removing sebum deposits so they weren't available as food. Regrowth at best was typical topical minoxidil regrowth so nothing cosmetically significant. The guy on the infomercial went from NW7 to a bad mostly comb-over but we had nothing else.

I still recommend them over say, Castor Oil, and for people with no RX, they are worth trying. Amazon and health food stores have them cheap. I also bring it up because before I started using polysorbates, I had very typical finasteride sides 'cept we didn't have fnasteride or even minoxidil then. Baldness will mess with your mind and your confidence and cause anxiety and impotence. Most of us get some of those effects anyway so might as well try finasteride and not think that taking one pill will castrate you or make you Jayne Mansfield in terms of gyno but people in a "loser state of mind" are set up to expect the worse. Anyway, off my soapbox but the time pressure makes all of this difficult if not dangerous for young males. Most of the usual advice about family tree and all of that is a waste of time and I don't bother answering questions from guys who come on here, well, less so, asking for an analysis while stating upfront that they have Telogen Effluvium or have been diagnosed with Telogen Effluvium. I am not a doctor so why ask me but all's Janey knows is that the joyful Telogen Effluvium, everything will be all right in six months diagnosis is 99 percent of the time wishful thinking by the person or by the doctor in terms of "not wanting to unduly" worry someone about hair loss.

Last edited: