Equol: A Natural Dht Binder And The Primary Ingredient In Brotzu

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Began using topical equol maybe a week ago, started taking it orally 4 days ago. Last 2 days I’ve been orally consuming just over 100mg, 60mg topically. I was getting oily skin and acne on my neck, chest, face. Recently my hairline has been falling out a lot again and my body hair (including brows/lashes) have also taken a hit. For anyone who doesn’t know me well, part of my hairloss includes body hair.

Could be a minoxidil thing, could be duta finally working after 7 months, but in the past 2 days especially I’ve noticed my skin is less oily. Actually it’s a little dry. Also my lashes (which always improve first if my hair is growing well) have gotten stronger and longer. Like, it sounds odd but the hairs feel more rooted or something? My eyebrows have sprouted a lot today, and my hairline hair is growing almost overnight.
Now I find that I do get this sort of really rapid hair growth when minoxidil starts working in cycles, but the thing is that my hair below my neck isn’t growing any thicker and my face isn’t bloating. That always happens when minoxidil works. Also I’m due for another “no growth” period for 3 months, and for the past 3 weeks was beginning to notice that I wasn’t regrowing any hair, and by my timeline I knew it was about time for another one of those weird periods where minoxidil stops working. It’s happened at the same times every year for 3 years now. But in the last two days things on my head at least have started to regrow. My hairline, brows and lashes for sure. Sadly, the top of my head looks f*****g terrible now and doesn’t seem to have any new regrowth. Also my shedding is totally out of control as always, but seems to have picked up to around the 300 mark in the past week and a half. Overall my hair is the thinnest it has ever been, but my lashes are great, the back of my head is good, my brows are totally normal, my hairline if anything is growing hairs a bit too low now (I spent a bit of time today plucking tiny hairs out around my temples because it’s too hairy - literally sprouted in 2 days) but the top of my head, the crown/vertex and my sides are pretty dismal. I have to wear concealer now. It’s pretty sad.

I do feel like the equol May be doing something however. I’ll keep everyone posted as always. The fact that I am growing SOME hair at this time of year at least is somewhat promising. It couldn’t obviously just stop again and I’ll lose those little hairs overnight any day now but here’s hoping the equol is working some magic (and can do so for the top of my head. For reference I’ve attached two photos of my hairline one week apart so you can see what I mean. I have dyed my hair darker but the hair at my temples and on my side burns was quite vellus a week ago, and those fell out and sprouted darker, dye hasn’t had anything to do with that. I use a magnified mirror to check. The hair below my ears new. All the new hair is obviously very small but you can see my temple triangles have slightly filled in also when my hair is pulled back. Oh and if you have good eyes you can also see down the side of my nape I have a shadow of new hair.

Attachments

• D2EDE37E-CCEC-4B5B-A925-FCF6B8FCAAC9.jpeg
    D2EDE37E-CCEC-4B5B-A925-FCF6B8FCAAC9.jpeg
    126.1 KB · Views: 525
  • 267F653E-F87F-47D8-99D4-068996B30FFC.jpeg
    267F653E-F87F-47D8-99D4-068996B30FFC.jpeg
    120 KB · Views: 578
Last edited:

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh and another. That one on the left is like 3 weeks ago when my hair started shedding really bad again. Good reference for what retrograde looks like. f*****g hair loss almost to the middle of your head. I have a lot of new fuzz now. I’m not exaggerating when I say it’s popped up Very recently. Be awesome if it could grow on the top of my f*****g head.

To reiterate, I have been using A LOT of this sh*t, up to 110mg orally and 60-70mg topically. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS FOR MEN. I have also been using dutasteride for 7 months, and am on estrogen replacement. This new hair could be from anything, but it has coincided with the addition of equol.

Attachments

• 28E478A2-1699-42B4-B8FF-2B14FEF25C3F.jpeg
    28E478A2-1699-42B4-B8FF-2B14FEF25C3F.jpeg
    119.5 KB · Views: 492
Last edited:

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh and another. That one on the left is like 3 weeks ago when my hair started shedding really bad again. Good reference for what retrograde looks like. f*****g hair loss almost to the middle of your head. I have a lot of new fuzz now. I’m not exaggerating when I say it’s popped up Very recently. Be awesome if it could grow on the top of my f*****g head.

To reiterate, I have been using A LOT of this sh*t, up to 110mg orally and 60-70mg topically. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS FOR MEN. I have also been using dutasteride for 7 months, and am on estrogen replacement. This new hair could be from anything, but it has coincided with the addition of equol.

Definitely nothing above 10 mg daily for men (topically of course, not even gonna comment on the oral dose) is my recommendation. I had great results on 30-60 mg of equol really quickly, but the side effects were awful.

I am going to start making liposomal equol this weekend. It's going to be far from refined, but hopefully it improves the side effect profile at least a little bit.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely nothing above 10 mg daily for men (topically of course, not even gonna comment on the oral dose) is my recommendation. I had great results on 30-60 mg of equol really quickly, but the side effects were awful.

I am going to start making liposomal equol this weekend. It's going to be far from refined, but hopefully it improves the side effect profile at least a little bit.
So far my skin is better, my lady issues have disappeared, and my lashes/brows/hairline are doing great. No negatives that I can really find.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
So far my skin is better, my lady issues have disappeared, and my lashes/brows/hairline are doing great. No negatives that I can really find.

I'm glad you have at least a microcosm of respite in this madness. I know how relieving even a week or two of not worrying about hair loss is.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm glad you have at least a microcosm of respite in this madness. I know how relieving even a week or two of not worrying about hair loss is.
Haha sadly there’s no end to the worry. The top of my head is still getting worse everyday. It’s scary that I now have to wear concealer. Never in my life did I ever think I would need hide my scalp like this in my 20’s. Looks like a fully have fphl now. So fucked.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Photos of my hairline from today. Excuse my ears, I have some bizarre dermatitis from something. It’s m fucked. Also my shitted hormone ravaged skin.
ANYWAY. My hairline is growing so fast that I’ve had to pluck it. It’s growing to far down. I think this might be minoxidil. Can’t be sure, but it’s suspicious. Also today I’ve lost 400 hairs.
Something fucked it happening. My hair overall is the thinnest it’s ever been. But I have a great hairline. Figure that out. Also my body hair isn’t growing. I’m close to shaving it off because of the shedding.

Attachments

• 99B64D92-4860-4C31-B6AF-4F23D8825900.png
    99B64D92-4860-4C31-B6AF-4F23D8825900.png
    671.5 KB · Views: 483
  • 3E2D0ADA-4895-4CB1-A285-DAB9EFC3C6C0.png
    3E2D0ADA-4895-4CB1-A285-DAB9EFC3C6C0.png
    581.7 KB · Views: 492

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
ALso this is a TWO DAY comparison. You can see how the gappy bits at my hairline are filled in. The hairline looks dense and less wispy. I can’t keep up with how much is growing. I have to pluck my widows peak which is growing too low today. Someone please find another person with hair as WEIRD AS MINE.

Attachments

• 5AC45D74-BE54-48D8-8765-6771DAA61935.jpeg
    5AC45D74-BE54-48D8-8765-6771DAA61935.jpeg
    99.6 KB · Views: 535

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
This however is the back and top of my head aka still fucked. I have some concealer spray Still remaining in my hair in these photos but I’ll get around to posting how terrible it actually looks soon.
Sorry for all the posts guys. I just want to make a proper log of this stuff in case the equol is responsible. Given that my body hair isn’t growing I can’t fully blame minoxidil although it’s suspicious.

Attachments

• 2A2E14F8-A3E6-49C8-9E1D-9C3FDFA32944.png
    2A2E14F8-A3E6-49C8-9E1D-9C3FDFA32944.png
    559.8 KB · Views: 419
  • F68FD5BF-EFED-4C3E-92BF-A7C69EFC9DFE.png
    F68FD5BF-EFED-4C3E-92BF-A7C69EFC9DFE.png
    482.3 KB · Views: 500
Last edited:

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
ALso this is a TWO DAY comparison. You can see how the gappy bits at my hairline are filled in. The hairline looks dense and less wispy. I can’t keep up with how much is growing. I have to pluck my widows peak which is growing too low today. Someone please find another person with hair as WEIRD AS MINE.

Come on Georgie you know it takes at least 6 months to see any changes in your hair. It's hair cycle science! /s

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Come on Georgie you know it takes at least 6 months to see any changes in your hair. It's hair cycle science! /s
Lol.
f*** what science says about hair growth. It is a bizarre and unpredictable metabolic process (I realise your comment was facetious - i think). f*** the dht rule. f*** 6 month rule. I’m living proof that these things mean zeroooo.

MorningGlory

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Georgie you’re a very attractive woman. The pictures in this thread are the first I’ve seen of you and I’m a little taken aback. I’m guessing eastern European descent?

Hair loss is particularly horrible for a woman but I’m sure I’ve seen you write you think you’ll always be single? This seems ridiculous to me. From the way you write I was expecting some old hag in a cloth hat.

Good luck with the battle against your hair loss, but you really shouldn’t lack confidence in your appearance (assuming you do).

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Georgie you’re a very attractive woman. The pictures in this thread are the first I’ve seen of you and I’m a little taken aback. I’m guessing eastern European descent?

Hair loss is particularly horrible for a woman but I’m sure I’ve seen you write you think you’ll always be single? This seems ridiculous to me. From the way you write I was expecting some old hag in a cloth hat.

Good luck with the battle against your hair loss, but you really shouldn’t lack confidence in your appearance (assuming you do).
Thanks. I appreciate the kind words. I get asked if I’m itslian or Eastern European all the time but I literally have the most basic Irish genetics ever!

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guys today’s update won’t have photos because I’m at work but here’s the deal.

- My skin has 100% cleared up. It’s actually a bit too dry if anything, but I hesitantly say it looks pretty good.

- I HAVE NO MINITURISATION ON MY HAIRLINE. This has not been the case for 3.5 years. It looks weird when I look in the mirror because it’s all dark hair around my hairline and I’m not used to it anymore.

- I HAVE ONLY LOST ONE HAIR SO FAR TODAY. Now it could always change later on. I might lose hundreds when I go to brush it again, but what I’m saying is that every single morning since I started losing hair and especially since starting minoxidil, I tend to lose 10-50 hairs each morning.

That’s all I have to report really. My hairline... it’s like it’s back to what it was in a matter of days. I can’t even describe this sh*t. It’s weird. If the shedding stoppage is for real, I know this isn’t some minoxidil bs. I mean I haven’t got any body hair thickening or minoxidil bloating sooooo Fingers crossed.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok so I has a little time so I made a 2 week comparison of the hairs on my hairline. I have not used product or concealer or anything in the right side photo. That’s not dyed. It’s new. Besides you can even see that the hair is thicker and better quality not to mention my hairline itself is lower.
You say you can’t grow hair overnight? I’m the freak who proves that theory wrong.

Edit: I did dye my hair a week ago but what I meant was that I didn’t go and dye the hairs on my hairline to make them look new. The fact that my hairline shale is different speaks for itself anyway. I do have concealer on my hair part though.

Attachments

• A5AF402D-7AE0-4512-BB1E-E852B042FC5B.jpeg
    A5AF402D-7AE0-4512-BB1E-E852B042FC5B.jpeg
    85 KB · Views: 417
Last edited:

Razor of Damocles

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I ordered some racemix from the same guy about 4 days ago. Shipped yesterday. I'm not very sensitive to the gyno stuff, I'm on dutasteride now. See if this is reasonable for me.