Epigenetic Modifications Do Occur In Pfs Patients, New Research Demonstrates

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
My guess is that Finasteride is going the way of Vioxx within the next 10 years. The warnings will probably keep piling on until finally no one is allowed to prescribe it for hair loss anymore. Of course, that still won't stop people from obtaining it illegally unless a better option shows up in that time. As for me, taking this drug has been the biggest mistake in 27 years of my life.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
My guess is that Finasteride is going the way of Vioxx within the next 10 years. The warnings will probably keep piling on until finally no one is allowed to prescribe it for hair loss anymore. Of course, that still won't stop people from obtaining it illegally unless a better option shows up in that time. As for me, taking this drug has been the biggest mistake in 27 years of my life.

Antidepressants are known to cause persistent ED and they are still prescribed. I don't think finasteride will be banned if its permanent side effects only affect a tiny percentage of consumers.

BadInvertor

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
As long as there are people who take it and doctors who prescribe them there will always be a market for them... A lot of people are willing to risk a lot and it's not a problem since it's their lives, but all people need to be aware of the risks, the real percentages and after they should take a decision based on that... If something happens to them after at least they knew from start !
Not having proper studies or evidence, not having real numbers of people who take it, only having assumptions and bias evidence of all of it makes it real difficult for people to take decisions.. And this is how they want it, because everybody say " EHH IT CAN'T HAPPEN TO ME, LOOK IT'S ONLY 2% WHO CAN GET SIDES, I WON'T BE ONE OF THEM" and after guess what..
Nobody knows for sure if the studies are right, if the numbers are correct, only assumptions..Nobody knows exactly not even how many people are taking such pills, you hear only millions, but any proof of it ? NONE

Last edited:

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
lol im the spammer but you get to make reposts as you wish? this study was posted already and there is an entire f*****g thread where it has been debated to death. i would much rather risk the chance of getting pfs than be a 100% miserable bald ugly f*** in my 20ties when i have lots of other issues related to my appearance as well. my urologist said pfs is a joke

I didn't see the otherone, excusable ignorance on my part. You willfully hijacked a Tsuji thread to whine about your life in length.

To make such a judgement your common urologist is as qualified as a paramedic.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
one glance at /r/tressless shows how absolutely ridiculous that would be

The rule of thumb estimation of reddit posts sounds like extremely accurate science. You are right, it's utterly impossible.

BadInvertor

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
stil

still better than hanging around on a forum desperately awaiting something that never comes. 0.8% chance of getting serious sides, 100% chance of being a miserable baldie

Assuming that all people are getting bald without finasteride or that we all are hanging around here waiting for something new lol... Cmon bro i thought you were smarter than that ! And i don't care if others take it, i made my decision based on the information i got from this forums and from the internet in general, i don't have nothing with others who take it, it's their body, their life, their decision, it really does not impact me in any way !

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
is he though? when he reads those studies i assume he will be in a better position to evaluate then us here. think about it, pfs is not a recognized condition at all, the evidence is completely inconclusive and there are only extremely small cohort studies on it. plus the mechanics by which the silencing of the gene should take place is confusing the researchers, with all their knowledge in molecular biology and genetics they can't understand how this could happen. so you have to ask yourself with our advanced knowledge of medicine what is more likely? also the other study as i said can't be for real because there is no way every 4th guy who gets sides has persistent sides. thats ridiculous if you follow the forums the vast majority of people stop having sides once they get off.

the fear mongering is going to ruin more moods and lives than the drug itself. i waited years to get on finasteride because of the idiotic fear mongering on tressless of people who have nothing better to do like /u/gira then post about their mediocre scientific understanding of finasteride. its really sad because it stops many people from saving their appearance. you'd be on it as well if you hadn't had sides. what is the purpose of this in the research section? report anyway, needs to be removed

We are not fear mongering by presenting data. Data doesn't have an agenda, it's just there and how you interpret is up to you. I was on it for three years and I got persistent sides.

It's research related to hairloss and hairloss drugs....unlike your personal hissy fits.

BadInvertor

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
y

yeah my fault only the people who are either bald, who tried finasteride and failed or those who don't need it anyway because their balding si so slow(the most ridiculous group if you ask me) talk sh*t about finasteride all the time. those who can actually profit from it don't because they are sane. i don't understand how often we want to debate low quality pfs foundation funded studies on this forum its the same all the time and its got no place in the research section at all

It's a free public space friend, and even if you like it or not other people have their own concerns as you do have your own.. If there is something you don't like you can easily ignore it or state your opinion and that's that... And if you can profit from it does not mean that others that had bad luck and got sides or pfs from it are bad and fearmongering or what it is called... You can block them anytime and you won't see their content it's that simple.. But the fact that you answer shows clearly that you just like to argue and vent and spit your frustrations on others just because you think you have it worse than them...
And regarding this treatments and pills, i don't care about what others take, i don't even care about that poor guy that injected acid into his balls.. If he is happy with it, who the f*** am i to judge him. I admit, i find it insane and i would never do such a thing, or agree with it, but in the end it's his life and body, not mine.. And same comes to other treatments including finasteride and many others...
I recently saw a documentary and some studies that clearly show that anti-depressants are not doing any good to nobody and scientists admit that they got the whole mental illnesses problem wrong and that even on those who it seems the pills help at start, on the long run, it causes more damage than they first thought.. A variety of damage, brain altering changes, sex, body, suicide ideation, etc... And with all of this they are still prescribed and they are becoming easily one of the first causes of death and suicide in the United States, a long with the other opiates that are sold like candies...
But who's fault is it, the ones that are trying to make money of it and making billions and trillions on it or the fault of the ones who take them just because they think it's ok, or because the doctor told them or because they read a couple of studies financed and made by the same companies and industries that actually make the drugs itself... It's everyone for himself, everybody has the information available even if it's not accurate and everybody is free to take his own decision based on his info, his brain, mindset, etc ... It's that simple... If you choose tomorrow to cut your balls of because of hair loss, i won't judge you, i will tell you my opinion and that's that, but if it makes you happy who the f*** am i to stop you..

Last edited:

Baldy12345

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Science thanks you. As I said :Insults, desperation and utter irrational, neurotic behavior because his only hope for balding is (a lot) more dangerous than what he wants it to be.

Again to all people reading; this is what balding does to a young man. It makes them take dangerous long term hormone treatments to save their hair. I can't be mad at him since I was like him too, I hated and didn't want to read anything bad about fina...alas most need to learn the hard way.

We need a safe treatment fast.

We already have CB, buy it off Kane or just wait a year or two for it be on the market.

Baldy12345

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
buy some shady research chemical from a chinese lab because 16 people had bad sides from finasteride. i love this logic. finasteride can give you ed, powder from china cancer

Well he claimed that he had pfs from finastride + CB from Kane is safe and a lot of people have tested its purity before.

BadInvertor

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
jesus you disqualified yourself from any level headed conversation with your anti anti-depressant talking points propaganda. thats one of the most cancerous bullshit out there

What propaganda are you talking about mate, it's information available everywhere for everyone, i don't give a f***, i don't take any pills of any kind and i won't take only if maybe my life will depend on it... As i said i'm just stating my opinion and information that i have, i don't have any interests and you don't have to agree with nothing, your free to think and do what the f*** you want !

random phone charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn these guys are always conflicting my decisions with anecdotes. In fact, I have a tablet lying right next to me; prepped inside of a pill cutter. I'm one for advice too in the same breathe.
I absolutely cannot be bald- I have the head shape for it; hell no though.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn these guys are always conflicting my decisions with anecdotes. In fact, I have a tablet lying right next to me; prepped inside of a pill cutter. I'm one for advice too in the same breathe.
I absolutely cannot be bald- I have the head shape for it; hell no though.

It's like playing russian roulette on your balls with a gun that has 100 chambers.You'll most likely be fine, if not though you are in for some deep sh*t.

Makaveli1988

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
and while we are at it, if there was a pill to free me from being a borderline dwarf i would take it even if it had the most insane side effects. its about life quality not quantity and balding short height depressed or whatever take the quality out of it
Ur in a bad mood today relax

BadInvertor

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
and while we are at it, if there was a pill to free me from being a borderline dwarf i would take it even if it had the most insane side effects. its about life quality not quantity and balding short height depressed or whatever take the quality out of it

Not all people are like you mate and a lot don't have your mentality even if they have it worse.. And the internet is made of people, idiots, retards, people like you and me, etc that does not mean that they are all idiots and the fact that you choose to believe only what you want to believe that does not mean that the rest is bullshit or propaganda..