Eightballds hair log 19 years old Norwood 2-3

Eightballd

Established Member
Reaction score
Eightballds hair log 19 years old Norwood 2-3 9th OF MARCH UPDATE!

2 month progress

The first photo isn't the worst moment in my hairloss I got another one but got to get it off the computer

1.25mg finasteride a day about to move to 0.5mg dutasteride EOD after Xmas
currently I got 3 bottles of minoxidil but planning to take dutasteride for 10 months before deciding if I should hop on

Before
1tEtxzU.jpg

After

aEb82GD.jpg

8Rc3CuM.jpg

wSfs0u0.jpg

Tiny update even though I said id wait.

About 1 month on dutasteride

before is first pictures in grey t shirt

9zLtqGE.jpg

Now

dNS3R99.jpg

9l13R4R.jpg

7QdMTQ5.jpg

befire
GDhujOT.jpg

Now

tDDK06j.jpg

VH8mn5r.jpg

Some hairline closeups

NX2MF3q.jpg

2IThtUi.jpg

As you can see I try to keep the same angles, lighting is hard so I'm sticking to flash now

Update 9th of march 2015

Before

64S84uz.jpg

After

TQ2rSag.jpg

Crf9pkY.jpg

aDkVgLS.jpg

So as you can see there has been some progress but looking at my hairline from a birds eye view can really think i've made a full recovery. therefore im going to start adding temple side shots and try to take photos of my vellus hair so we can see how they develop if i am fortunate enough to make a full recovery. Thanks for following my hair log guys!

UPDATE 15/08/15

6eW8oG3.jpg

Ij5LCoX.jpg

xZFZVdg.jpg

No idea why these pictures aren't hella zoomed in, if someone knows tell me :p, sorry for potato quality kind of hard to take photos on your own and i probably should of done it at night instead of mid day, oh and yeah i used the iphone's front camera which is potato compared to the back.

yeah i guess results are going well progress is slow but coming along, i have lots of vellus hairs that form a nw1 hairline kind of makes me want to make the plunge into minoxidil but min just complicates day to day life.

atm if i get no more progress i guess id be disappointed in hind sight, but i feel I've progressed a lot and I'm in a good position for a transplant which many people aren't so i guess I'm at the very least happy for that.

atm no side effects at all, I actually went the longest I ever had like 3/4 days ago so I guess its safe to say 0 sides in terms of the sexual department. If you do experience weak erections and what not i recommend you look into jelqing.

also my hairline isn't symmetrical I've receded on one side more than the other, if you look at the second picture, i guess you can say overall progress to NW1 is less than the last picture, however there is more vellus hairs on that side of my hairline. and in the last photo you can see it has more density but less vellus hairs haha, hairloss/growth is strange.

DrDog

Reaction score
Good work man! Cheers to the success. Are you just using minoxidil and finasteride? Any sides?

Eightballd

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm just using finasteride and no sides about to make the switch to dutasteride cause it's not much more expensive. My dutasteride is actually enroute hopefully get it before christmas

also I do have minoxidil but I haven't used it don't really want to have to keep applying that for a decade haha. However if after a year my sides don't fill in like nicky poos or zeroheat then I'll try the minoxidil and hopefully be a good responder like zeroheat

- - - Updated - - -

I'm just using finasteride and no sides about to make the switch to dutasteride cause it's not much more expensive.

also I do have minoxidil but I haven't used it don't really want to have to keep applying that for a decade haha. However if after a year my sides don't fill in like nicky poos or zeroheat then I'll try the minoxidil and hopefully be a good responder like zeroheat

Eightballd

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah I think I'm going through a shed now though, but I guess it's working going to keep regular updates and hopefully dutasteride makes it's magic happen once I make the transition.

hubhvunu

Reaction score
why do you start duts why not genric finasteride its even less expensive and less side effects than duts and in your case i think finasteride is doing the work

Eightballd

Established Member
Reaction score
Well a lot of people say it has amazing regrowth and it also seems to be less documented, I have 0 sides so I'm hoping I'll be good on dutasteride. People also don't believe finasteride will hold forever and you have to switch to dutasteride, since you don't develop a resistance to these chemicals may as well use the most potent one I feel. Got a 4 month supply on the way hopefully I'll have some great progress like nicky poo

edit: Atm I take 5mg generic finasteride the brand is fincar

Raz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good luck with dutasteride man. Keep us updated. Good stuff so far.

Eightballd

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks man I'll update it when I'm half way through my 4 month supply if I don't have similar results to nicky poo when I'm done with my first shipment of dutasteride I might start minoxidil since i would of been on treatment for like 6 and a half months

actually I'll wait till 8 months from now so the start of university for me that will be enough time to have gone through some hair cycles and determine if I get regrowth on just AA tablets since it would of been 10.5 months of hairloss treatment

Eightballd

Established Member
Reaction score
Edit: sorry for the bump tried to update with some new pics but it seems it won't let me embed them I'll try again later when I can be bothered

but it looks like possible new growth and lots of hairs growing in from a shed I'm only using dutasteride no minoxidil

Edit: just uploaded my 1 month update with dutasteride on the OP.

CliffLee

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Eightballd, thanks for posting.

I don't understand the logic in saying that you want to try dutasteride before you have tried finasteride sufficiently. You might have success on finasteride, with less risk of sides and never need dutasteride. Normally you should wait a minimum of 1 year before you see results on finasteride.

Also, I've read that the effects of finasteride/dutasteride can wear off, so by trying finasteride first, even if it works, you might start losing hair again after x amount of years. You can then hop on dutasteride as your last line of attack.

What's your thinking?

Koga

Established Member
Reaction score
That thinking is wrong. You don't build a resistance to these drugs, nor do the effects wear off. It's just male pattern baldness that could become more agressive with age. That being said, if you can have great results with finasteride only, it's best to stick with finasteride. Simply because none of these drugs is good for you.

doublebatman

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't get it.

You get ridiculous hair growth in 2 months from finasteride, so you jump on dutasteride.. A drug which carries higher risks..

I dunno, nice regrowth.

Eightballd

Established Member
Reaction score
Pretty much what Koga said, also I remember reading a study where a side to finasteride can be anemia and I remember a thread on here was someone who developed anemia from finasteride and started getting abscess' well I got an abscess on my collarbone however I did used to get abscess prior to treatment back when I was really fat. I dropped down to low 70s and had like a 4 pack going on so I was quite fit, I recent started gaming and studying hard and gained a lot of my weight back so the abscess could be due to that not necessarily finasteride.

however I figured since you never build resistance to the drugs I figured why not use the best, it's not much more expensive ease of 1 pill eod no need to cut in quarters anymore so I'm a lot more consistent with my medication and it's meant to give some amazing results sometimes so I just figured I have nothing to lose if I don't get sides, which I feel I have 0 sides not even brain fog like I felt I got on finasteride but tbh all sides are pretty much placebo at least the ones I've experienced and really a lot of things depend on your mind, it's crazy.

I mean the the same chemical that gets released when you die convinces people that aliens exist or they talked to a higher being like god when really it was a DMT trip which was your near death experience however if you talk to these people they swear by their life it was real, know what I mean? The brain Is quite powerful in a non hippie way. Sometimes someone would tell me I would get sides, and like any young kid or adult, influence from peers or people on message boards come in to play. So I would worry so much that I have ED or w.e and when I go to my girlfriends house I can't get it up. But I don't mean to brag but I've just finished the deed with her as I'm typing this. Didn't have a loss of erection or weak erections or loss of sensation I was completely fine. A positive out look on things will really benefit your entire life.

also I would like to add that if I ever took finasteride for a decade and my male pattern baldness became more aggressive i would hate to go through the whole scare of asking myself do I have sides, etc.

abovedagame

Experienced Member
Reaction score
are you using anything else? nizoral is an easy addition

please keep this updated as there are not many avodart users documenting their progress with pics

Eightballd

Established Member
Reaction score
Nope just dutasteride, minoxidil will be not worth it especially if I have to apply everyday I feel, I'll look into it though if I don't get full growth on dutasteride alone, but anyway I don't take nizoral because I heard it's annoying trying to do your hair on nizoral and also it makes your hair feel like crap, so people buy like regepure or something but then that's like 3.5 times the price as nizoral for minuscule results so I figured I wouldn't add it in, I might do though later I guess. But would rather see what dutasteride alone can do

danshair

Reaction score
Hi Im new here. That is amazing growth and its awesome you don't have any sides to finasteride. I read somewhere that dutasteride could increase your chances of some type of cancer, it sounds like a serious drug to me. Does anyone know if finasteride has potential dangerous sides in the long run similar to dutasteride? Does it increase your chances of getting cancer?

Nope just dutasteride, minoxidil will be not worth it especially if I have to apply everyday I feel, I'll look into it though if I don't get full growth on dutasteride alone, but anyway I don't take nizoral because I heard it's annoying trying to do your hair on nizoral and also it makes your hair feel like crap, so people buy like regepure or something but then that's like 3.5 times the price as nizoral for minuscule results so I figured I wouldn't add it in, I might do though later I guess. But would rather see what dutasteride alone can do

Eightballd

Established Member
Reaction score
Tbh I don't really believe it does after reading studies and stuff with my physics teacher I realize even some studies are totally bogus and a lot of the time use ambiguous wording and **** like oh it may do this or may do that, to me it sounds like they don't know.