Effect Of The Multifunctional Cosmetic Ingredient Sphinganine On Hair Loss In Males And Females With

TurboFixer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Effect of the multifunctional cosmetic ingredient sphinganine on hair loss in males and females with diffuse hair reduction

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5021059/

Abstract

Sphingolipids are well known to promote keratinocyte differentiation and to induce ceramide production. In addition, they show anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial activities. Thus, the aim of this study is to investigate the potential effect of sphinganine on prolonging the hair anagen rate and improving the overall hair quality and scalp health. The inhibitory potential of sphinganine toward 5-α-reductase was studied using an in vitro assay. The stimulation of the antimicrobial peptide HBD2 by sphinganine was measured by real-time polymerase chain reaction and immunostaining. Sphinganine bioavailability was studied ex vivo using a pig skin model. A placebo-controlled, double-blind study was designed to evaluate the efficacy of sphinganine on hair loss and hair/scalp quality in vivo. In vitro results showed that sphinganine is a potent inhibitor of 5-α-reductase type I that prevents the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone, a key factor of androgenetic male baldness. In vivo results demonstrated efficacy in reducing non-illness-related hair loss among males. In terms of expert rating, all hair quality and scalp parameters improved after application of sphinganine. Improved scalp health might be linked to the observed increase of the antimicrobial peptide HBD2. Thus, sphinganine is well suited as a topical alternative for the improvement of scalp health and hair quality and anti-hair loss application.

TurboFixer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
We really don't need any more new 5-AR inhibitors, herbal or pharmaceutical. Already plenty of that sh*t to choose from, if that's your thing.

Wake me up when something non-antiandrogenic grows hair.
is there any reason to assume it won't go systemic?

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
is there any reason to assume it won't go systemic?

I have read countless studies like these and tried probably 20-30 of these herbal 5-AR inhibitor compounds in the past 3 years.

Some work more, some less, they ALL go systemic, along with having numerous other compounds in there that might give you other unrelated side effects which don't help your hair.

If I was going to do anything like this I would rather just use topical dutasteride.

inmyhead

Reaction score
I have read countless studies like these and tried probably 20-30 of these herbal 5-AR inhibitor compounds in the past 3 years.

Some work more, some less, they ALL go systemic, along with having numerous other compounds in there that might give you other unrelated side effects which don't help your hair.

If I was going to do anything like this I would rather just use topical dutasteride.
What worked for you? I can't get topical finasteride, looking to add something extra.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
What worked for you? I can't get topical finasteride, looking to add something extra.

Lot of sh*t out there like...

CO2 Supercritical Rice bran extract (Nature's dutasteride)
Policosanols (Nature's finasteride)
Curcuma mangga extract (AR degrader)

Prolly forgetting a lot of stuff but ultimately, doesn't matter all that much since I can't use any of this sh*t for more than a few days due to the sides. For me topical vs oral doesn't make much difference. Hell sometimes when I eat the damn stuff I get less side effects since at least the first pass metabolism deactivates a lot of the garbage. Topically it goes straight into the bloodstream and destroys me.

Guess you just can't save these mutant follicles without putting the rest of your body on the chopping block in cases like mine. Hit the gym, tan & save money for a Zarev megasession, that's all I got left.

ATM I am only using ketoconazole as an ethanol lotion to increase penetration, and some oral castor oil. But of course that's not enough and I keep losing, just maybe 10% slower.

LouisSarkozy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lot of sh*t out there like...

CO2 Supercritical Rice bran extract (Nature's dutasteride)
Policosanols (Nature's finasteride)
Curcuma mangga extract (AR degrader)

Prolly forgetting a lot of stuff but ultimately, doesn't matter all that much since I can't use any of this sh*t for more than a few days due to the sides. For me topical vs oral doesn't make much difference. Hell sometimes when I eat the damn stuff I get less side effects since at least the first pass metabolism deactivates a lot of the garbage. Topically it goes straight into the bloodstream and destroys me.

Guess you just can't save these mutant follicles without putting the rest of your body on the chopping block in cases like mine. Hit the gym, tan & save money for a Zarev megasession, that's all I got left.

ATM I am only using ketoconazole as an ethanol lotion to increase penetration, and some oral castor oil. But of course that's not enough and I keep losing, just maybe 10% slower.
do you know any natural alternative to RU or CB to specificaly target the extra T ? thanks

TurboFixer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
the main point of my question is to avoid RU ( and even cb) knowing what i've learned on the coumpound
I am curious to know why you have opted to avoid the compound. After seeing the most recent More Plates More Dates video I was considering trying it