Easynow's Story (22 years old, diffuse thinning with pics)

easynow

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
This is my first ever post here.
I've some pics of my hair since I'm considering taking "the big 3" in order to restore my hair to it's former glory! :p I don't expect a miracle cure just enough to have a decent style. As you can see there's a significant amount of my hairline gone and some diffuse thinning and the crown is starting to go to.

It's been thinning out for about 2 years now, I've got a Uni ID from Sept 2003 and if I could look like that I'd be a happy man. :D

This cut was a No1 (3mm) by the way, if I end up having no luck then my philosophy will be at least I gave it a try. People say I look good with a 0.5 cut anyway.8)

I've always had relatively thin hair anyway, so what I've got now isn't too far from what I had especially at the front. People even used to think I dyed it the forelock when I was 18 (I didn't) because it was lighter than the front.

Finally, does anyone know how much a decent regimen of the big 3 will cost me annually and/or monthly? ( I'm based in the UK)
Thanks in advance

EDIT: These pics are with flash on and so exaggerate the loss, but it's clear to see. You can click for bigger images:

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Hey there buddy,
looks like you have some pretty advanced hairloss for your age, but your cut makes it look great!

Anyway, it looks like you still have a pretty good change to regrow quite a bit. I'm saying that because of the huge amount of semi-vellous hairs you have in a Norwood 1 pattern.

I think you should start on all 3 of these treatments, which are called the Big 3 on these forums because they work!

Propecia or Proscar (finasteride)
Rogaine (minoxidil)
Nizoral (shampoo, active ing. ketoconazole)

Do your research buddy. And keep your hair short while you're on treatments. It'll take a while to get some of your hair back, but it will come slowly but surely if you're consistent and ride out the sheds. Give it at least a year, and by the 2-year mark you'll be looking much better.

easynow

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply!

You think keeping it this length for the course of the treatments would be about right?

Do you know the best place to get the meds from? I know there is a generic propecia available on the net from a link from this site for example, is this just as good as merck's?

kaner529

Reaction score
you look like you could benefit greatly from a regimen of the big 3

I had overall thinning at 17 and 18 that left me unhappy with my hair, and with the addition of the big 3 that all changed and my thickness is much more desirable. Dont expect to get back to the point where ur unable to tell you have any loss, as you have waited a bit to start treatment, but you def could be a great responder and good luck![/list]

barcafan

Reaction score
Minoxidil + Nizoral + dutasteride and im quite certain you'll be in very good shape in a year or so - that is if you start RIGHT AWAY

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i amazed that your hairline has stayed in tact! i think if you use the big 3 you could potentially get all of your hair back, because it looks like alot of the hair is still there just very very fine. good luck with whatever you chose.

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
dietcola said:
i amazed that your hairline has stayed in tact! i think if you use the big 3 you could potentially get all of your hair back, because it looks like alot of the hair is still there just very very fine. good luck with whatever you chose.
cmon...dont shoot him up with false hope of unlikely accomplishments. If propecia worked THAT good, there wouldnt be a need for this forum since every thinning male would grow every hair that thinned.

He'll keep whatever he has and if lucky maybe recruit a few old follicles to grow, but hes not going to get "all of his hair back" lets be honest now.

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JayB said:
dietcola said:
cmon...dont shoot him up with false hope of unlikely accomplishments. If propecia worked THAT good, there wouldnt be a need for this forum since every thinning male would grow every hair that thinned.

He'll keep whatever he has and if lucky maybe recruit a few old follicles to grow, but hes not going to get "all of his hair back" lets be honest now.

No, but with rogaine foam he could potentially grow quite alot of new hair....

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i reconnmend finastride rogaine foam and nizoral
you can get finasteride from http://www.unitedpharmacies.com i've had good experince with them you can wither get 1mg generic which is just as good
or you can get 5 mg tabs and cut them in forths which comes out cheaper
i see great potential in your head it looks like one of the heads that will have amazing results check out more of the succes story section and maybe youll see why i think so

easynow

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that link
One thing that bugs me is I'm still undecided about the side effects of Finasteride... I've seen a few stories of people who've had awful experiences with it.

easynow

Established Member
Reaction score
How many bottles (of rogaine and nizoral) and tablets would I need for year's supply?
Thanks

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
easynow said:
Thanks for that link
One thing that bugs me is I'm still undecided about the side effects of Finasteride... I've seen a few stories of people who've had awful experiences with it.

Yeah I was bugged and undecided too, so allow me to counterbalance your unease. I have encountered nothing negative to speak of since starting finasteride. I had a bit of ball ache for a couple of days in the first week, but that's it.

Pereira

Established Member
Reaction score
Your balding pattern is exactly as mine, but more advanced. I'm at 47th day of treatment, I had a bit of ball ache for a couple of days too in the first week, or second but now is gone.

At this stage, i experienced a thickness on top, but regrowth needs time so i wait.

Get on the big 3 rigth away :wink:

MacAttack

Established Member
Reaction score
img.php

wlosy014-1.jpg

DSC01487-1.jpg

MacAttack

Established Member
Reaction score
as u can see in that pic ^^ u look just like me, but my hairs darker and im 19...ill prob catch up 2 u in the 3 years tho. This BTW jus goes to show u...esp jayman as u said that as diffuse loss continues the hairline starts to go...altho his hair is decimated (sorry mate) its decimated fairly equivalent BUT THE HAIRLINE IS STILL FULL...it may be faint, but its the difference btwn a BOLD THICK LINE from a permanemt marker, and that same line drawn with a 0.5mm pencil. DIFFUSE THINESS RESULTS IN THE SAME THING BUT I AM CONVINCED MORE THEN EVER as with this gentlemen, its 2 a totally diff ball game from male pattern baldness and the treatments may even be diff.

MacAttack

Established Member
Reaction score
I tried to put in perrerias picture, but it wont load. but hes prob a stage before me...I guess it goes in that Norwood scale for diffusers i.e. Nw1D nw2D..think it goes up to Nw4D for us...id assume easy is about Nw3.5D and im @ about 2.75...perreria id guess @ about a 1.75...1.5 maybe.

G

Mac, here's me from last November. Sorry i don't have any more recent pics. I have def improved since then since I was only 3 months on Avodart then and am 8 months on it now. The hair did grow in thicker.

What would you say I was in this pic on your scale if you're a 2.75? As you can see, my hairline is mostly intact.

Flash is directly on my top in this pic btw.

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/2848/buzz004mg3.jpg

So in the pic above it was directly on it, it looked pretty bad at that point.

Check out the next pic I took from the same day, last November:

This is with the flash pointed on the top from a different angle.

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/2030/buzz005fh3.jpg

Hair looks a lot thicker doesn't it? I feel like flash made my hair look worse than it actually was.

Check out this pic of the back of my head to prove it. This area isn't thinning at all but the flash makes it look thin:

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/7126/buzz007hj5.jpg

Finally, take a look at a pic of my hair from the top without the bright vanity lights or flash:

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/4665/buzz008pf7.jpg

MacAttack

Established Member
Reaction score
Keeping in mind that Nw1D...is technically invisible...they say that u dont notice ur diffuseness till ur about 50% gone..i still think perreria would pass off without flash...me...and probably u aren't so lucky...id defintely say ur jus a little worse then a 2. But if you say it improved that much, then ur prob over a 1.5. Im just really glad that easy posted these. I think some ppl simply have the hairline recede. but some random hairs are not hit by the miniturziation and are sort of left over. and then ppl misclassify it as diffuse...thats why I continue to say it is extremely rare...if ur a Norwood 5 then technically ur not diffuse...u jus had a receding hairline, easy for instance is almost fully gone but IN ALL RESPECTS hes a Nw1. Thats why once again I say true diffusers like me u and him are as rare as i told u before (i think i gave a figure of like 50,000 in the USA really not sure right now im prepping for a physics exam lol) easymans is obviously the full ugly extent of diffuse thinning, and ive only seen one case as severe as his before.