Easynow's Story (22 years old, diffuse thinning with pics)

easynow

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, back again,
Bit of a poor update, not done anything about the hairloss yet. Just trying to get the courage to call the GP surgery and get a prescription for Propecia. :?

EDIT: Bottled it, ordered 3 months of Dutas from United Pharmacies. I hope that this stuff works, and I don't end up with lots of dodgy sides.

Looking forward to it getting here and getting on it. Any comments welcome.

Starscream

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
easynow said:
Hey guys, back again,
Bit of a poor update, not done anything about the hairloss yet. Just trying to get the courage to call the GP surgery and get a prescription for Propecia. :?

EDIT: Bottled it, ordered 3 months of Dutas from United Pharmacies. I hope that this stuff works, and I don't end up with lots of dodgy sides.

Looking forward to it getting here and getting on it. Any comments welcome.

Hi, i didn' t read the whole thread but cant you get a proscar prescription to save some money?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
GL on the treatmens bro!

easynow

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, i didn' t read the whole thread but cant you get a proscar prescription to save some money?

I decided that since I'm diffuse thinning out so much already I'd get started on Dutas, it works out quite cheap since I've bought generics. Also, I didn't have the courage to go and see a doctor for a prescription. :?

RaginDemon

Reaction score

Hi, i didn' t read the whole thread but cant you get a proscar prescription to save some money?[/quote]

I decided that since I'm diffuse thinning out so much already I'd get started on Dutas, it works out quite cheap since I've bought generics. Also, I didn't have the courage to go and see a doctor for a prescription. :?[/quote]

to me, a Doctor is a Doctor. I told my family phycisian my problem and he gave me the prescrpition without any problems.

easynow

Established Member
Reaction score
well turns out my united pharmacies order got lost in the post, so they're dispatching a new one!

RaginDemon

Reaction score
easynow said:
well turns out my united pharmacies order got lost in the post, so they're dispatching a new one!

damn thats some bad luck.

easynow

Established Member
Reaction score
RaginDemon said:
to me, a Doctor is a Doctor. I told my family phycisian my problem and he gave me the prescrpition without any problems.

Are you in the UK or the US? I'm in the UK btw. Reason I ask is I've got an appointment with my GP on Monday, I hope he takes it seriously and does prescribe Propecia, or he has at least heard of it!

haggis

Reaction score
easynow said:
RaginDemon said:

Are you in the UK or the US? I'm in the UK btw. Reason I ask is I've got an appointment with my GP on Monday, I hope he takes it seriously and does prescribe Propecia, or he has at least heard of it!

you can order propecia / finasteride over the net

RaginDemon

Reaction score
MacAttack said:
img.php

wlosy014-1.jpg

DSC01487-1.jpg

your hair is like 5 times better fool

MacAttack

Established Member
Reaction score
yes i realize it is but if u included my comment with the comparison i made it'd be nice...it clearly says that im losing my hair in a very similar fashion and that he has kept a norwood 1 hairline. I believe i may get as bad as this in the next few years n it gives me a idea of what 2 expect. His density differences are much more pronounced but in a few years i will prob look like this too.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
MacAttack said:
yes i realize it is but if u included my comment with the comparison i made it'd be nice...it clearly says that im losing my hair in a very similar fashion and that he has kept a norwood 1 hairline. I believe i may get as bad as this in the next few years n it gives me a idea of what 2 expect. His density differences are much more pronounced but in a few years i will prob look like this too.

You never really know, my hair thinned to where it was about 3 yrs ago and it seemed to stay that way prior to the treatment. With foam I got some density back, still far from ideal though.

easynow

Established Member
Reaction score
My hair has always been blonde at the front, it was blonde all over when I was a kid, so it looks a lot worse. Although obviously the loss is definetely there!

Anyway, the order got here and I just took my 1st ever Dutas today.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
easynow said:
My hair has always been blonde at the front, it was blonde all over when I was a kid, so it looks a lot worse. Although obviously the loss is definetely there!

Anyway, the order got here and I just took my 1st ever Dutas today.

Hope you response well to it, GL man!

easynow

Established Member
Reaction score
Cheers Demon, good luck to you too!

UPDATE: Just ordered 3 bottles of Nizoral, only had Nizorelle in my local Boots (not strong enough).

Been on Dutas 6 days now, nothing to report.

I'm thinking of seeing how far I can get with Dutas alone before adding Rogaine Foam too, say 8 months or so down the line. Any thoughts on this anyone?

RaginDemon

Reaction score
easynow_UK said:
Cheers Demon, good luck to you too!

UPDATE: Just ordered 3 bottles of Nizoral, only had Nizorelle in my local Boots (not strong enough).

Been on Dutas 6 days now, nothing to report.

I'm thinking of seeing how far I can get with Dutas alone before adding Rogaine Foam too, say 8 months or so down the line. Any thoughts on this anyone?

I personaly think you should start minoxidil now...your hair loss is rather aggresive, you need all the weapons to combat it.

easynow

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Easynow's Story (22 yo. UK) with pics

UPDATE

Drug use so far:
1.Rogaine foam for about a week and a half (can't remeber the exact date, since I lost it when view my regimen tab went - hope that comes back soon)
2. Dutas for 29 days. I experienced a very mild loss of libido in the first 2 weeks of Dutas, but nothing like I feared. Worst part was I got tingling in the right pec but that also went after the first 2 weeks.

As for my hair, I think quite a few vellus hairs have shed, although comparing photos, I can't see any difference yet, I think a lot of it is my minds eye. It's still very early days though. I've taken some pics but you can't tell any difference so there's not much point posting them!

I've been applying the foam twice a day, in the afternoon when I finish work and late evening (or before I go out if it's the weekend). I also take my dutas in the afternoon after work (1pm).

Cheers for reading, hope we all get some results soon. I'm going to try and spend less time on here, and update in a couple of months.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

you will see any result before 3 months, there is no point to post a pic after just 1 month into treatment.

easynow

Established Member
Reaction score

Update:

I had been on the dutas for about 1.5 months but I was getting very bad gyno, and also gaining weight, had weak erections so I decided to stop. Stopped the rogaine too but might start up again but to be perfectly honest, I'm not bothered! :) I think I might start finasteride but I don't know if it will do much for me, since I've got uber-aggressive loss, I mean look at it I'm 22! :mrgreen: I can't be bothered with the hassle anymore!

What really swung it for me (although it didn't bother me before too much) I had an epiphany similar to that of Barcafan when I was looking at anti-gyno drugs I just thought what the feck am I doing? I shared those thoughts of why get so attached and spend hours a day being upset by a few inches of hair.

All that said, no disrespect to those people who have had success, and to those who have a good attitude to thier treatments this site has been very useful and I hope I have been of help to people in some way. I'm not going to quit the site or anything as quite enjoy talking rubbish in the off-topic section.