Easynow's Story (22 years old, diffuse thinning with pics)

G

thanks bro. i added a couple more pics at the end which i think show the peril of looking at it with flash

G

You mentioned passing off with flash. i know i can pass my hair off as full without flash now, and I think i could last november as well, judging by the last pic. what do you think?

MacAttack

Established Member
Reaction score
Jayman I have that exact same effect...it all depends exactly on the angle you hold your head and the light incoming...if look straight ahead @ a mirror...the line fully shines through the top...if i put a sort of scheme of 2 mirrors where the lights blocked out it looks THICK AS f***...i suspect we have more hairs then we think...but they are jus so thin light passes through em and leaves the illusion of nothing being there. like i said i can hold my head @ certain angles where the top of my head looks like a thick gathering of the hairs...i wonder if i can find some...

G

MacAttack said:
Jayman I have that exact same effect...it all depends exactly on the angle you hold your head and the light incoming...if look straight ahead @ a mirror...the line fully shines through the top...if i put a sort of scheme of 2 mirrors where the lights blocked out it looks THICK AS f***...i suspect we have more hairs then we think...but they are jus so thin light passes through em and leaves the illusion of nothing being there. like i said i can hold my head @ certain angles where the top of my head looks like a thick gathering of the hairs...i wonder if i can find some...

have u tried adding minoxidil? i really feel like we will benefit more than most people. im going to add it in august. everyone says it's great at thickening hair more than regrowing. i think thta i still have a ton of hair up there, but it's just decreased in caliper and thickness so much. maybe rogaine can revive it. what do you think?

MacAttack

Established Member
Reaction score
im using foam already...i dont know what to think man...im pretty sure i was having 0 results with finasteride...and my hairline has only improved recently...not really sure why the hairline is only improving...although i have been applying a thin line of foam and it was technically bald there so i was able 2 get my fingers 2 rub it in more. other then that its hard 2 say..EVEN if i had taken more pics...my hair is 2 diff lengths from when i started...and i really dont think i can take growing my hair out much longer...prob another week before i buzz it back down.

G

MacAttack said:
im using foam already...i dont know what to think man...im pretty sure i was having 0 results with finasteride...and my hairline has only improved recently...not really sure why the hairline is only improving...although i have been applying a thin line of foam and it was technically bald there so i was able 2 get my fingers 2 rub it in more. other then that its hard 2 say..EVEN if i had taken more pics...my hair is 2 diff lengths from when i started...and i really dont think i can take growing my hair out much longer...prob another week before i buzz it back down.

i hope you're applying rogaine to the entire diffuse area. i really think you will see good results from it

MacAttack

Established Member
Reaction score
for what its worth btw, going through my memory, it does seem like the gaps in btwn my hair r still pretty huge, but it looks the calibre has thickened, although hasnt done too much cosmetically.

MacAttack

Established Member
Reaction score
yea i do man...i squirt a hulking gob and rub it all over that noggin. Another reason i might buzz btw...i notice this both with my facial and head hair...I get more pimples when its grown outeven a bit...with my hair thats been growing for the longest ive ever had it grow...ive already had some pop up...never had that issue with my head buzzed. Im going 2 try something out even tho its prob a 0.0001% chance of working...u know how pimples can be treated through going 2 a tanning booth cuz it dries out the skin? Im ganna see how much my hair improves by tanning...i mean its ganna prob finish off the pimples (cuz it kills the bacteria) and maybe this will improve my hair a bit...it has 0 scientific merit but worth a shot anyways.

G

MacAttack said:
for what its worth btw, going through my memory, it does seem like the gaps in btwn my hair r still pretty huge, but it looks the calibre has thickened, although hasnt done too much cosmetically.

it's just kind of ridiculous the way diffusion works. i mean when i grow my hair out long it looks a hell of a lot thicker because the hair folds over itself.

MacAttack

Established Member
Reaction score
this is very true jayman!! its what i referred 2 before as "the canopy"most people have thick enough hairs and enough hairs that even very short they jus create a "brush" of hairs...my friends hair is so thick for instance, it has 2 be WET AND HE HAS 2 TWIST IT before u can see scalp. when we buzz our heads, our brush is very...sparse...we need that "canopy" but unforuntately its jus an optical illusion mostly. Put a little water and well u see what happens. I really do think it is seperate from male pattern baldness...theres a reason why for w.e. reason a horsehoe pattern exists..i dont know why but there is something in the human head im sure for that...i jus think the mechanism for these baldings is different. Its not race depedent either because I've seen it in a few black males.

MacAttack

Established Member
Reaction score
well this is probably my new plan...im in the process of reloading my foam (just ordered some off ebay got a bit ripped off but im out...the longer i wait for worse for me 3 months $51 US with shipping)...I think im going 2 add spectral DNC and use it twice a day with the foam but not @ the same time as foam...so i have a 4x application of minoxidil. Im going to get into better shape...(REMEMBER BALDNESS IS CORRELATED with heart disease...even if u get a hair transplant the fact that u have a balding gene somehow is related with heart issues!!) im also going 2 try out dutasteride. I dont have that kind of coin, tho so I will order 6 months of the generic brand...and take proscar anyways as a insruance in case this gen dutasteride is b.s.. Might add reinforcements later. Im also ganna order a bottle of toppik to see how much my hair could benefit. I wish more people would post pics of their hair with toppik here btw.

G

mac, toppik makes my hair look fantastic. but you have to grow it out for it to work. it wont work on a buzz. basically it has to be at least 1.5 inches to look fine imo. if it's 2 inches + it works fantastic. if i sprinkle some toppik on my hair, i can wet it, gel it, whatever, and it looks super thick. that coupled with the fact that i have a great hairline still makes it look fantastic.

MacAttack

Established Member
Reaction score
any pics of that jayman? tell me what u think of what i addressed in the 2 posts prior to this.

G

MacAttack said:
yea i do man...i squirt a hulking gob and rub it all over that noggin. Another reason i might buzz btw...i notice this both with my facial and head hair...I get more pimples when its grown outeven a bit...with my hair thats been growing for the longest ive ever had it grow...ive already had some pop up...never had that issue with my head buzzed. Im going 2 try something out even tho its prob a 0.0001% chance of working...u know how pimples can be treated through going 2 a tanning booth cuz it dries out the skin? Im ganna see how much my hair improves by tanning...i mean its ganna prob finish off the pimples (cuz it kills the bacteria) and maybe this will improve my hair a bit...it has 0 scientific merit but worth a shot anyways.

are your pimples on your forehead by any chance? if your hair is greasy and sh*t and resting it ont he forehead it will cause you to break out.

no pics sorry. and yeah i def recommend looking into dutasteride. i dunno if 4x of rogaine is a good idea.

MacAttack

Established Member
Reaction score
Some are on my forehead...some on the scalp itself...iuno y tho...my hairs dont even touch my forehead yet. its still like a burr. if my facial hair grows more then like 4 days...i wont break out but ill tend 2 have 1 or 2 a LOT more frequently then when i shave. My beard hairs arent very dense (altho prob pretty good for my age) nor greasy nor nething..they're not ingrown either. Neither of my parents had issues with pimples, my testorestone levels are a healthy high, but i constantly have pretty deep pimples on my back (not cysts tho)

MacAttack

Established Member
Reaction score
Btw i think we really oughta open up that section strictly for diffusers..i kinna feel bad highjacking this guys thread lol. But seriusly maybe just maybe im wrong...but it certainly wouldnt hurt to have 1 for us. What good is it to us looking @ regrowing hairlines when we dont have those issues? I still say its a fantastic idea and we go through with that. Hopefully some mods are reading this.

easynow

Established Member
Reaction score
So where's the best place to get the meds from (I live in the UK btw)? I'm considering using generic since it's cheaper :) but I'm a cautious of ending up with some fake crap.
I'm after some Nizoral, Finasteride and Rogaine Foam, probably 12 months supply. Maybe more.

Wash n' Gone

Established Member
Reaction score
You can get Propecia in the UK on the Boots hair retention programme. It isn't as cheap as the generics (£30 a month), but at least you know it is the real stuff. Boots also sell Nizoral and Rogaine (called Regaine over here), but only as the liquid. If you want the foam you will have to get it imported. That is what I will do if I add Rogaine to the Regimen at a later date.

easynow

Established Member
Reaction score
I heard about that Boots hair programme, can you tell me anymore info about it - how much does it cost etc?

easynow

Established Member
Reaction score
I also see what you mean Mac about with this diffuse thing, my mate is receding much more, he has a hairline like the norwood 3 pic but what he has is thicker than mine.