Dutasteride Success thread

heisenberg

Reaction score
I started dutasteride in Feb 2013 as it seemed like Propecia wasn't having an effect anymore (I was probably going through a shed).
I'm almost a year in and I would say my hair is worse than when I started dutasteride - I'm not blaming dutasteride, it's probably the strength of my male pattern baldness. If I would have seen results, it would have been by now correct? I've been continually shedding hair, I feel as if it hasn't stopped - i.e. when I rub my hands through my hair, a couple of strands fall out.

What do you think I should do? Give up on dutasteride and switch back to Propecia and then eventually accept the inevitable? Currently I get 100 tablets of brand name Avodart for $30 CND due to my insurance coverage, but that will be expiring soon so money is going to start becoming an issue. I was also thinking taking dutasteride once or twice a week and 1.25mg Proscar for the other days .. that way 100 Avdart tablets would last me a year.

Lennox

Reaction score
My last attempt to work with dht inhibators:

Finasterid caused a terrible shedding,
just the first month seemed to be successfull.
Anyway how much of you made the same experience with propecia?
I will switch to avodart in combination with finasteride.
Are they people who would recommend this regime?
I am scared of a huge shed but there
are members like irish and balding89
who seem to be quite successfully
with dutasteride + finasteride
Those taking the same please give me advice

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
My last attempt to work with dht inhibators:

Finasterid caused a terrible shedding,
just the first month seemed to be successfull.
Anyway how much of you made the same experience with propecia?
I will switch to avodart in combination with finasteride.
Are they people who would recommend this regime?
I am scared of a huge shed but there
are members like irish and balding89
who seem to be quite successfully
with dutasteride + finasteride
Those taking the same please give me advice

if you are going to take dutasteride, don't take finasteride. There is no point in taking both. You do know finasteride is supposed to cause major shedding in the first couple months right?

Lennox

Reaction score
Merk has never published anything about finasteride shedding
I take that drug almost 12 month
with a little break but i do not think it work in my Case.
My bodyhair is growing my dht level increases and my shbg is very low

I heard that the combination is more powerful than duta only
i guess i have to find it out ...
hopefully my dht level will become normally

OSWALD

Reaction score
if you are going to take dutasteride, don't take finasteride. There is no point in taking both. You do know finasteride is supposed to cause major shedding in the first couple months right?

This is not true..

Dutasteride did not work for my hair. But finasteride works very well. It changes person to person.For some genotypes finasteride is the best..And better than dutasteride.Dutasteride is not approved by FDA or MHRA.

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Updates please or can other people chime in on their experience switching to dutasteride from finasteride?

Hari

Reaction score
I'm on dutasteride for last two years. Daily I take finasteride 1mg and weekly twice dutasteride 0.5mg. no improvement but still maintaining what i've

Slotback67

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started dutasteride in Feb 2013 as it seemed like Propecia wasn't having an effect anymore (I was probably going through a shed).
I'm almost a year in and I would say my hair is worse than when I started dutasteride - I'm not blaming dutasteride, it's probably the strength of my male pattern baldness. If I would have seen results, it would have been by now correct? I've been continually shedding hair, I feel as if it hasn't stopped - i.e. when I rub my hands through my hair, a couple of strands fall out.

What do you think I should do? Give up on dutasteride and switch back to Propecia and then eventually accept the inevitable? Currently I get 100 tablets of brand name Avodart for $30 CND due to my insurance coverage, but that will be expiring soon so money is going to start becoming an issue. I was also thinking taking dutasteride once or twice a week and 1.25mg Proscar for the other days .. that way 100 Avdart tablets would last me a year.
Hey dude I know this is way late but how are you doing?

BVbio

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I've got a noticable amount of new proper hairs on my crown which are filling in the bald spot I had. At my hairline I have quite afew small white hairs which are now falling out, I think that means propers hairs are going to replace them, not sure.
I think I've got a noticable amount of new proper hairs on my crown which are filling in the bald spot I had. At my hairline I have quite afew small white hairs which are now falling out, I think that means propers hairs are going to replace them, not sure.
dutsu.png

Last edited:

finastride23

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am on my 2 nd month on avodart and my hair feels thinner and my hairline receeded
is it normal?
how long should I stay on avodart to see result